Summer Sprint (Veno)

Xallah - Archosaur
Xallah - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Summer Sprint only lasts five minutes. Is there a reason for this? Bramble lasts 10 minutes, which makes sense for PvP balancing reasons, but I don't see why Summer Sprint would need to be only five minutes. It's an instant cast that uses little mana that should last 10~30+ minutes long. Some people may try to argue "well Venos are overpowered as it is". Well, don't worry. This wouldn't give us an advantage or make us more powerful. It normally doesn't take more than five minutes to fight someone or something in the game anyways, so lengthening the time it lasts would only give us some relief.
Post edited by Xallah - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've never found a problem using the skill every 5 minutes. It has a low mp cost and is instant cast so it doesn't slow you down. I always have the buff on.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just put summer sprint in a key easy to reach (e.g. 1, 2, 3, w/e)...
  • Xallah - Archosaur
    Xallah - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I didn't say that it was too difficult to buff myself. You're missing my point. The point is that the game shouldn't revolve around having to think too much about buffing. That is the idea of buffs: you buff so that you don't have to think about it. Buffing should be something you do, and then forget about for a moderate amount of time (a half hour for example), and then do again. Having to buff every five minutes is not fun gameplay. It's repetitively annoying.
  • quickdraw
    quickdraw Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You're kidding right? Consider for a moment being a cleric, one of the slowest of all classes by default and they don't even get a speed self buff. Well there is a 79 defensive skill which is practically worthless, minimal increase, costs a spark to cast and has a 5 min cooldown. So the 5 min duration for a veno is a gift, not only is it the only class with a skill of this type but it also increases to 10 mins when you get sage/demon version. Couple that with speed pots and a genie with holy path and you can outpace everyone.