Stuck in the cube

Options
Zahlee - Lost City
Zahlee - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
So i decided to try the cube of fate for the first time today, and now i'm thinking that probably wasn't such a good idea b:cry

Everything went fine up until Room 26, when the game crashed and i got this error msg:

Error

I then tried logging back in and found I could log in on my alts but just not this char. It would just crash again on the loading screen after i hit the login button.

So i came to the forums to see if i could find a solution and found in the FAQ section a post about minimising the settings and resolution, which i did and it worked. So i figured i'd probably be right if i just left my settings low. I proceeded to finish room 26 and moved onto room 28 and BAM, it happened again. b:angry Except this time changing the settings and such isn't working and i think i'm going to be stuck there now until a gm gets me out b:cry b:surrender

Any other ideas on how to fix this?

This hasn't happened at any other time i've played this game, and i've been playing for months now. Is it a common Cube of Fate bug?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zahlee - Lost City on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    when u enter game press really fast "W or S" if it not fix u will have to send ticket and wait until gm teleport u out

if u need more information on why i say hit W or s fast search for the post getting stuck in etherblade lake or something like that
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Zahlee - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanks PequetteV, I have tried holding down "w" as i enter (or in my case, it's actually the arrows on the number pad) It gets me into the game and in the first few seconds, it manages to move me a few meters without it crashing back to desktop, but i still can't do anything other than watch what's going on around me, and read the drama's of world chat lol. I still get the error msg, and i can't move or type in chat.

Stuck <<That's with my resolution and settings all down low

After moving, i did try to log back in hoping that now i've moved abit, it might unbug me, but nope...still stuck b:shocked

Arrghh it's so frustrating. I'd spent all afternoon in room 4 leveling my pet without a problem. (I managed to get beginners luck and roll a 3 on the first try b:pleased) It was only after i finished leveling them, that i thought ahhh what the hell, I might as well continue on with the cube and see how far I get. Now all those hundreds of ancient dooms i killed have come back to haunt me, and have doomed me to cube of fate hell. b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zahlee - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OK, i spoke to someone on live chat, who told me they couldn't do anything. I then submitted a ticket with all the details and left it at that. Now i've just come back and tried to start the game again, and it said already logged in please close and try again. Although, i wasn't logged in which was strange. I went into task manager and there was nothing running under the applications tab, so i went into the processes tab, found elementclient.exe and clicked end process. Logged into the game on the char that was stuck in the cube and vwoollaa it was working again. So i got my *** out of the cube and now it's all fine.

I don't know whether somebody somewhere fixed it already, which would be pretty damn fast if that was the case, or whether it was just a stroke of pure luck. I doubt me ending the elementclient.exe in the processors tab was what done it? I have no idea. Either way, i'm happy again, and hoping to all hell that it never happens again.

I just have one more question though: will this happen everytime i try to run the cube making it a part of the game i will never get to play? If so, that seems kind of a let down b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    u better verify files in launcher befpre entering cube again it probably that u clipped threw the floor or something like that rarely if never happen
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]