How bad are venomancers in pvp?

Revelution - Lost City
Revelution - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
A friend of mine keeps telling me about how venomancers are the worst pvpers in the game.

I really wanna know if it's just a blatant lie, or if there's actually some truth behind it.

His arguments are that a nix at higher levels can be one shotted and their damage becomes significantly weaker (and that they cost a ton to get), and that venomancers lack the hp (as in they get one shotted pretty easily) and damage needed to succeed in pvp alone. Also that bramble hood and bramble guard don't work in open world pvp.

My arguments that venomancers are still good in pvp are that they are still capable of fighting without their pets, they have a myriad of debuffs and that soul transfusion / metabolic boost makes them less squishy.

If venomancers really are good in pvp then right now I feel like I'm losing the argument and I don't really know what else to say.
Post edited by Revelution - Lost City on

Comments

• darkrai51
    darkrai51 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They're still good against certain classes: Psychcs (However you spell it >>;) Clerics, All those magic users, Cause Veno's have a huge elemental defence. So you're better off against spellcasters with elemental attacks.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    HA veno or split is win
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    QQBird

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    ZOMG RedsRose has 10k posts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    ZOMG RedsRose has 10k posts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

b:shocked Not yet....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Your mouse be broken clicking "Reply" 9,999 times.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Your mouse be broken clicking "Reply" 9,999 times.

OK....now I do b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Dang, i had money on gms reseting that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Dang, i had money on gms reseting that.

LMAO...tbh I did too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Only 7k posts to go, I got this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Revelution - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    well, there went my thread
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    well, there went my thread

They are not bad lol, you just need to know how to play. If you lose, then you either must have **** gear or you don't know how to play veno.
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They are not bad lol, you just need to know how to play. If you lose, then you either must have **** gear or you don't know how to play veno.

This, venos are pwi's jack of all trades class, if you know how to build your character, what skills to use and when, and know how to use your pet to the fullest, you can become a powerhouse and a threat to any class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Revelution - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    This, venos are pwi's jack of all trades class, if you know how to build your character, what skills to use and when, and know how to use your pet to the fullest, you can become a powerhouse and a threat to any class.

This is actually what I tried to explain to my friend, but he seems to be pretty adamant about "Venomancers only being half as effecient without their pet" which to him apperently means, once other classes start getting end game gear with +12 refines, pets including the veno's infamous nix, becomes useless and that cripples a veno to the point where they can no longer do enough damage to actually be anywhere near decent in pvp
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    every final team in cross serever pk war on pw cn got a sage veno. the aoe debuff = GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Veno's are the BEST class for PVP in my opinion if you know what you are doing. Sure there are other amazing classes out there but throughout my expierences venos are the best class at taking on multiple enemies in pvp and winning. I'm not kidding when i say ive solod entire 9x parties b4 and killed them all. Of c. there was some kiting, etc but still I tank dmg pretty good and deal it out even better. HA veno FTW. Im like a barb defesnse but mage dmg. Ive killed all sorts of 5.0 sins, BMs, tons of archers, and all other classes. I've even solod and killed Shinzoko. For tghose of you that dont know he is most crazy CS in lost city, and my gear is nowhere half as good as his. You just need to know how to pvp against every single class and what to do against multiple enemies.
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    HA veno is hard, I did kill a HA veno 1 time while she/he was in fox form. Then I got called a noob lol. But veno is a okay pvp character but sin is better :3.
  • Jittery - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    HA veno is hard, I did kill a HA veno 1 time while she/he was in fox form. Then I got called a noob lol. But veno is a okay pvp character but sin is better :3.

well, to be honest heavy armo veno really doesnt shine till you cash shop a bit. This is because of the strain on stat points and such, so its best to have a good tome and some sort of stat cape. Anyways, HA veno obviously can be killed by a sin but if you have decent gear its more of a failure on your part for dying than the fact that the sin is a "better" pvp class. trust me, i destroy 5.0 sins and BMs and barbs (ya, theres some 5.0 barbs out there) like nothing, sometimes with 2 or 3 ppl on me at the same time. And the most common outcome is me destroying these major CS ppl and then they rage at me or QQ in some way and i use cute tiger emote rofl. you just need to figure out how to keep yourself from being stuned, figure out how to tank major dmg, and figure out how to keep them in one spot long enough to kill. I have a special combo i use on every class that does not fail unless i **** it up. Seriously, HA veno is best overall pvp class.
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    any class is good in pk in matter of skill and refine...veno is sure one powerful would proly be nr 1 if phoenix wouldnt stuck in any piece of grass in the way.. and aa is what u need end game ...ha veno is a joke unless u put tons of cash in it...but if u put same cash in aa build would be even better.... ha veno at 100 ends up to be 1-2 hits
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    a veno can be the greatest or worst class in pvp depending on who is sitting behind the wheel. make sure you research the other classes and practice counters.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    darkrai51 wrote: »
    They're still good against certain classes: Psychcs (However you spell it >>;) Clerics, All those magic users, Cause Veno's have a huge elemental defence. So you're better off against spellcasters with elemental attacks.

STRONGLY disagree.

A Psy is able to stun and AOE both the veno and nix in several situations. The Psy is then free to DD the veno as the nix dies on the side.

On the other hand, a Psy can freely Psy Will themselves to resist all nix damage before killing it quickly. Veno doesn't hit hard on Psy since they're both magic, so Psy has ample time to do this, and the moment that nix goes down/retreats to the veno's side, the Veno will be stunned for 6 seconds. Another option is to Psy will yourself and soulburn the veno.

Generally my fights against venos involve me killing their nix, followed by the veno running. Technically not a win I guess, but f*** it, I'm too lazy to chase down some opponent that insists on running.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    any class is good in pk in matter of skill and refine...veno is sure one powerful would proly be nr 1 if phoenix wouldnt stuck in any piece of grass in the way.. and aa is what u need end game ...ha veno is a joke unless u put tons of cash in it...but if u put same cash in aa build would be even better.... ha veno at 100 ends up to be 1-2 hits

I don't think so. HA venos are formidable opponents.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pffffffft... Venos used to be the best before cause of nix, but now most ppl have pretty hax gear so a nix is a 1 shot and dont do much damage.. So I can agree that a veno isnt as good as it used to be even with a nix, they got slow channeling, not much stun skills and the skills dont do the best damage... but a vit-arcane veno can survive tons of beating with good gear so fail? not at all.. With good gear and skills all classes are good. But a nix wont really cut it anymore unless you pk lower lvls or badly geared 90+ arcane users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    venos are the best solo grinding class in the game so for venos normally it's pretty easy to obtain coins = venos usually should have no problem financing their endgame gear. Of course the herc + nix are 2 huge investements around 60 kk coins each but after you have these pets you have good chances to win pvp / pk fights vs other endgame characters Of course it's also possible to play with normal pets but it will be hard to obtain the necessary pet skills.

The venos big plus in pvp is that pet dmg doesnt underly the pvp dmg reduction so if your pet is lvled up you can deal huge dmg to your enemy. Moreover your opponent has always the problem that there are 2 targets the veno + the venos pet and he can only attack 1 of them. Especially the nix has around 11m/s move speed which makes it hard for caster classes to escape ( standard 4.8m/s). And i wouldnt consider the veno as weak in pvp since bleeding of the nix can kill arcanes with 2 ticks. The thing is veno with nix was close to be OP but since the ugly fishes are around they came back to normal but they are far away from weak in pvp

@Exegesis: psy are OP ;->
  • KVB - Dreamweaver
    KVB - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol, ur friend is a noob . veno's r very good actually..but as always it depends on the player.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    venos r best class for pvp !!!, y? becos u have physical n mag attacks !!!, tats all u need to PVP different armored classes
  • Jittery - Lost City
    edited September 2010

1st-I thnk your right about nix always getting stuck on the ground. Freaking lame.]
    2nd-you have it half right; AA veno endgame is best for PVE but for PVP HA is best endgame.

Let me explain twhy this is. I cash shop some. I'm not a crazy huge cash shop though so in the end HA is best build for me bc i get more hp w/ refines and dont have to buy as many vit stones or + as much as i would on AA to get same hp. Also, besides that fact that i have better hp/def than most AA venos that have CS my dmg is pretty good to. Ive got a +10 lunar wand and honestly i know id hit harder with AA but in reality i dont NEED that extra dmg. I kill ppl just fine even crazy cash shop venos that are in AA, and every other major cash shop class.

-anyays down to the point now...AA is better endgame for PVE because you dont have to worry about the mobs using pvp pots or genie skills on you..its just plain old PVE. Id like to see a AA veno tank a couple eas, barbs, or sins at the same time. Honestly unless they have cube/warsol ornaments plused 10 or more they arent goign to have enough p def to last long enough to make a major difference. Fact is, 1v1 pvp is rare, mass pvp or gank pvp is what happens most of the time ao if you dont have alot of p def your going to get multi-owned. and for those of you that think HA veno endgame is a joke that gets 1-2 shot you must be on a carebear server or really not know what your talking about. Sure, if i stodd in a single place and let some mage amp me and dragon me who has decent + weapon id prolly die....but that NEVER happens. Its called kiting/hp pots/pvp pots/stunning/nova...etc. Most ppl NEVER get the opportunity to 1-2 shot me. Besides the fact that this is because there arent enough ppl on server that can do that, its also because all i do is PVP. I know exactly how to handle each class 1v1 or a group 3v1, etc. Honeslty i havnt been 1 shot in soooo long, i cant rememebr last time it happened, and i PVP against ppl with much better gear then me EVERY DAY. So its not like im not putting myself out there.

anyways, you think my build is a joke come 1v1 me, ill make you a star. b:victory
  • Jittery - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    STRONGLY disagree.

A Psy is able to stun and AOE both the veno and nix in several situations. The Psy is then free to DD the veno as the nix dies on the side.

On the other hand, a Psy can freely Psy Will themselves to resist all nix damage before killing it quickly. Veno doesn't hit hard on Psy since they're both magic, so Psy has ample time to do this, and the moment that nix goes down/retreats to the veno's side, the Veno will be stunned for 6 seconds. Another option is to Psy will yourself and soulburn the veno.

Generally my fights against venos involve me killing their nix, followed by the veno running. Technically not a win I guess, but f*** it, I'm too lazy to chase down some opponent that insists on running.

LOL. Look dude your forgetting one MAJOR MAJOR thing. Im not sure about you but out of ALL the psys i know (and i know A LOTTT) most have under 5k hp, and i only know a few with 6kish hp, and none are above 6k hp. Now i dont know, maybye you have all +12 gears or something but im doubting it. I might be hitting a m def class but you better believe your low HP makes my weaker hits still hurt alot. and venos have tons of stuns....nix stun=3 seconds, lucky scrab=2 seconds, occult ice=6 seconds (i thnk) parasitic nova=8 seconds...and yes, i know how to chain them all. I mean, idk i do have a +10 lunar weap with a sapphire in it so i might hit harder than alot of venos but really thts besides the point, if you know how to use your stuns on veno theres not too much to wry about. And you must be fighting some bad venos, only ppl i run from w/o nix are 5.0 peepz. Fight me plz so i can restore your faith in us b:cry
    pffffffft... Venos used to be the best before cause of nix, but now most ppl have pretty hax gear so a nix is a 1 shot and dont do much damage.. So I can agree that a veno isnt as good as it used to be even with a nix, they got slow channeling, not much stun skills and the skills dont do the best damage... but a vit-arcane veno can survive tons of beating with good gear so fail? not at all.. With good gear and skills all classes are good. But a nix wont really cut it anymore unless you pk lower lvls or badly geared 90+ arcane users.

i completely aggree with you that nix is not as factor as it use to be. But, that doesnt mean it doesnt still deal a decent amount of damage. and the ONLY thing that 1 shots my nix is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR cash shop barb with crazy hp when he armas, besdies that i have m def buff on nix so magic classes dont do squat to it b4 i stun. destroy them. And you must vbe crazy venos have TONS of stuns. I have nix stun, lucky scarab, occult ice (genie skill but hey w/e im a veno and i use it all the time) parasit nova....all together thats amlost 20 seconds of stun...by which point most ppl will be dead. And slow channeling???? sure some have slow channeling but dude were not mages we have a nix so it doesnt matter as much. And, there are some pretty pimp veno out there, Pippins has like -35% channel and im sure there are others out there with even more. TBH i have like -12% and i do more than just fine in PVP, i do amazing. And ya, asl ong as you have decen gearz on par with the est of the server your goign to be factor.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A Venomancer is basically broken up into two areas: The player and the pet.

A. The player. The veno of course needs skill to effectively operate in PvP. Also gears and skills need to be of a competent caliber.

B. The pet. The pet obviously needs to be of a decent type and lvl.

Both components need to be execptional for a PvP Venomancer.b:cute
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Jittery,Calm down...Its just a game Lol