An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Fixed it for you.

meh, it will be same fail like BOI or JD
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    meh, it will be same fail like BOI or JD

Seeing the title of this thread and your name as the most recent post made me chuckle a bit. b:chuckle
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Asris... leave Mendy alone D: or I'll... I'll be forced to make you... kill me or something. Over and over... b:cry

b:avoid

b:kiss

suggestion: we can punish Asris together b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:kiss

suggestion: we can punish Asris together b:dirty

He's like +12 8jun archer. Good thing he's actually allied. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so then gms and devs this still isnt solved yet even after youve lost so many players dont you want there money too seems a lil silly to turn a paying customer away because you refuse to give them what they want honestly lets just stop beating around the bush and make this game pay to play that way everyone is even and no one person or group of persons can posibly be on top for very long or make it so the sill csers cant get things like lunar claws and att speed enhancing tomes and the like or make them available to the rest of us so skill can be used to fight in pvp rather then money i dont like the fact that i can die fairly easily from a person with less hp then me hits softer then me but happens to be faster in atck rate thats just silly and i didnt play a year almost two to be so disapointed in a franchise game please just fix it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
    edited September 2010
    So, gms and devs this still isn't solved yet even after you've lost so many players. Don't you want their money? It seems a little silly to turn a paying customer away because you refuse to give them what they want. Honestly, lets just stop beating around the bush and make this game pay to play. That way everyone is even and no one person or group of persons can possibly be on top for very long. Or, make it so the silly csers can't get things like lunar claws and attack speed enhancing tomes and the like. Make them available to the rest of us so skill can be used to fight in pvp rather than money. I don't like the fact that I can die fairly easily from a person with less hp then me that hits softer then me but happens to be faster in attack rate. That's just silly and I didn't play a year, almost two, to be so disappointed in a franchise game. Please just fix it.

Not perfect, but at least I can read it without hyperventilating.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so then gms and devs this still isnt solved yet even after youve lost so many players dont you want there money too seems a lil silly to turn a paying customer away because you refuse to give them what they want honestly lets just stop beating around the bush and make this game pay to play that way everyone is even and no one person or group of persons can posibly be on top for very long or make it so the sill csers cant get things like lunar claws and att speed enhancing tomes and the like or make them available to the rest of us so skill can be used to fight in pvp rather then money i dont like the fact that i can die fairly easily from a person with less hp then me hits softer then me but happens to be faster in atck rate thats just silly and i didnt play a year almost two to be so disapointed in a franchise game please just fix it

That was a very long sentence, try using punctuation marks next time so we can read what you're saying.

feel free to use this as a guide click this

edit: i got ninja'd D:< damn u michael!
    edited September 2010
    Since these changes, server activity is at an all time low...

3 active 'full' guilds of end-gamers...

Essence = 17 people online currently
    Nagare = 14 people online currently
    Kamisama = 34 people online currently

All time low for all of them I'm pretty sure. BTW, most of Kami is probably afk or cat shopping...

Essence used to have 60-70 on at this time... maybe it's just due to school or something. But really, it's not.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Since these changes, server activity is at an all time low...

3 active 'full' guilds of end-gamers...

Essence = 17 people online currently
    Nagare = 14 people online currently
    Kamisama = 34 people online currently

All time low for all of them I'm pretty sure. BTW, most of Kami is probably afk or cat shopping...

Essence used to have 60-70 on at this time... maybe it's just due to school or something. But really, it's not.

o.O i just said in gc yesterday that i wonder how other large guilds were doing, had no idea ess was that low, i was expecting like 40-50 online at a given time.

/so sad b:cry
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Looks like the TW change is working. It's removing everyone who wanted money from it. Which appears to be almost everyone. This is a good thing. The only ones that remain are those that were in it for the fun, not the cash.

HT still has a lot of factions attacking week after week.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2010
    o.O i just said in gc yesterday that i wonder how other large guilds were doing, had no idea ess was that low, i was expecting like 40-50 online at a given time.

/so sad b:cry

At the time of that post, neither nagare or Essence had any officers online either. Pretty sad to be honest... especially when you compare to how many people would usually be on about the time that TW changed. Then again, it could be school... but it wasn't like that this time last year, to be honest...
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    we were at maybe 30 - 35 people online at any given time maybe a month ago then all of a sudden we got a wave of people quitting and uninstalling.b:sad
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1 mont 1 week 6 days ... soo when we gonna get our udpates?
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    At the time of that post, neither nagare or Essence had any officers online either. Pretty sad to be honest... especially when you compare to how many people would usually be on about the time that TW changed. Then again, it could be school... but it wasn't like that this time last year, to be honest...

Well to be honest, alot of the changes in activity come from the start of school. Last year at this time there was a large dip in activity as well.
    edited September 2010
    Well to be honest, alot of the changes in activity come from the start of school. Last year at this time there was a large dip in activity as well.

This time last year was far more active. I didn't have any problems finding squads, faction chat wasn't dead in the middle of the day... it was far more active.

Last anniversary was a flood of activity.... this one is just quiet... like crickets chirping quiet. At least on LC.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This time last year was far more active. I didn't have any problems finding squads, faction chat wasn't dead in the middle of the day... it was far more active.

Last anniversary was a flood of activity.... this one is just quiet... like crickets chirping quiet. At least on LC.

YaKuZa's online numbers are pretty similar to the ones you gave for those other 3 factions, and I think our size and "endgameness" is equal or similar (*), at least to Nagare. Several of the other factions that you would have included in that list a month ago (such as ThaClicK and Spectral) are falling apart, have fallen apart, and/or are at best no longer "full."

It's not school. Anyone who thinks it is has blinders on.

It's also not only TW (obviously, I hope), but TW is a big part of it and is emblematic of the larger issues.

One thing I think is interesting is that the theory here is that this is all part of a master plan to push out non-cash shoppers, but the factions that have the largest percentage of the biggest cash shoppers (some combination of Spectral, Essence, Kamisama, and perhaps ThaClicK and/or whatever Koi is calling itself these days), are all struggling too. Maybe struggling more than the rest of us. The thing PWE has never seemed to understand is that good needs evil. Bullies need victims. Cash shoppers need the non-cash shoppers to beat up on to make it worthwhile.

Dead game is dead.

(*) I'm not claiming that YaKuZa has the same endgame levels and gear as Essence or Kamisama, but you can reach "endgame" at different points depending on what you feel is reasonable to pursue given your play time and play style. If you've reached the "end" of your character's major development, you're at endgame.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Cash shoppers need the non-cash shoppers to beat up on to make it worthwhile.

Dead game is dead.

Its not that cash shoppers need non-cash shoppers to bully, its more they have a symbiotic relationship with buying & selling gold. Lets face, while you can get some gear through packs, you cant get every slot. And typically noone is filling all the ones they can get in packs by opening packs. Cash shoppers have their upward momentum in game by selling alot of gold in the auction house to non-cash shoppers or pack spamming & selling the goodies, and with all that in game coin wealth they can buy that which they need to gear up. For that symbiotic relationship to exist, they need non-cash shoppers who typically have more time, farming the instances & grinding in someway for coin & basically making their contribution to the system with hard work. Now they the source for buying alot of gold is drying up, the cash shoppers are having a harder time selling gold and/or opening packs & selling wares from that to get their coin wealth. Unless PWE putts full sets of TT99 or Nirvana gear itself into the cash shop, this game can not survive as a strictly cash shopper only game.
  • manuelus
    manuelus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wont be long till they have to merge servers...

On the side note, that would make TW exciting.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As a random note, interesting things happened in Archosaur.
    The three strongest factions before the TW changes became weakened, the 1st strongest is still standing strong, but the other two became severely weakened due to the changes. Many of the higher levels left from all 3 factions and formed a new one, and it is known to be an evil guild by the 3 factions. The reason it was "evil" is because a huge plethora of people left their faction and joined the evil one after the higher levels formed it, and now it's become the 2nd (Maybe 1st now?) strongest faction in just a month.

I am inside the evil guild, and it's actually much more fun. The unique thing about this guild is that, it is both fun AND powerful. I hereby thank the TW changes.

Dream on-its really an e-peen exercise. Due to Core Connects little technical difficulties kill counts aren't showing in the recent brawl. Fun times.

Won't even go into what's so "evil" but oh well, I can't bother explaining to the one sided.

TW was okay this week I guess so far but activity is still getting nerfed on Arch server. I can barely find any interested people in Lunar runs which is a bit depressing. I would GLADLY give up my TW pays to gamble in the new Lunar or go buy gold-but the fact is I just can't. The market oddly hasnt really changed as far as gold prices (though we did have some random idiot trying to sell gold for 3 mil. I rofl'd at that)

Honestly..I think the TW and TT changes are hinting at other things-maybe places that aren't farmed as much...? *nudge nudge wink wink* b:cute
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This is dreamweaver after the changes to TW were applied

http://galeon.com/pukopolis/map.bmp

I'm pretty sure they did a great job at keeping a single faction from getting the whole map for themselves, before the changes EQ was pushing cala away, dyna had control of 5 territories on the lower corner of the map and there were 3 random factions with a single territory each

After the changes EQ lost battle after battle, and it's no secret that neither dyna nor tempest have the power to hold back a full cala attack, we have tried it before and when cala abandoned a TW to EQ to come and fight us they devastated our base in about 15 minutes, even with us turtling, i don't think they will have any problems on doing it again, and tempest has some good players, yet they couldn't beat us (dyna), so it's only logic they can't beat cala either

Great job keeping TW fair for everyone and preventing a single faction from owning the entire map!
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Same thing happened to HL, the territories were pretty equal between kylin and zulu with crimson having the northern most territories. after the tw changes zulu is basically taking over the map and making it a very ugly orange. the 100+ people mostly quit bc there was nothing to do now since tw is dead. ill get a screen shot later and post it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TW is a joke now lol.
    The idea that the devs/GM actually care about the players' reaction to this is an even bigger joke b:chuckle
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You should change the TW payment back very quickly. After its introduction it has devastating effects on players who feel the incentive to gear up/waste charms and prepare for TWs is gone. pwi, you can earn money since you are a comapany but what you do atm will cause you to loose/not gain money because you touched something sacrosant in the game. This isnt understood and the game will slowly die not at least because of the TW changes. Its a pity
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Same thing happened to HL, the territories were pretty equal between kylin and zulu with crimson having the northern most territories. after the tw changes zulu is basically taking over the map and making it a very ugly orange. the 100+ people mostly quit bc there was nothing to do now since tw is dead. ill get a screen shot later and post it.

Nonsense, the TW changes have nothing to do with that.

Kylin started losing ever since I joined Zulu, for obvious reasons. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SoIar - Dreamweaver
    SoIar - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2010

lol ofc that's why xD
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    in case you hav'nt already heard they reset the CN server back to the way it was (i.e. money not mirages from tw) after the 2 month trial they found that it had no affect on the ecconomy.

so my question is when are we getting the changes reversed on our servers and frankie an comment on this failed trial?

QC.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Bleh... Kylin fell because they're idiots. Even before changes, you knew they were going to fall sooner or later.

I do like some Kylin members, but I really don't like them as a guild. Pretty much same for Zulu except I'm rather neutral on them as a guild now for some reason. I think it's because of Cash$hop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As much as I hate the idea of a map reset, having that might actually make TW a bit more interesting. More factions will definitely get involved.

Didn't the CN servers get a map reset, but the land owning factions were compensated with a lot of money?

So yea.....any updates from the GMs here on our TW changes? Its been a while now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GREAT JOB PWI of making the game "better" with the TW changes... Dreamweaver has been completely taken over by Calamity.

I don't like the inflation that has been in the game for the last 2yrs BUT SURELY there were other ways of not dealing with inflation than this. I don't care WHAT TW pays or doesn't pay, but I do care when a server becomes irrevocably owned by a single faction. That does not make the game fun :(
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    in case you hav'nt already heard they reset the CN server back to the way it was (i.e. money not mirages from tw) after the 2 month trial they found that it had no affect on the ecconomy.

so my question is when are we getting the changes reversed on our servers and frankie an comment on this failed trial?

QC.

As usual, PW china gets all the advantages while we keep getting the short end of the stick, there was a thread that got the math proving that 10m big notes flooded the market with more coin in one month than TW in a whole year, even if the whole map was held by a single faction, which was not the situation on any server before these changes

It has now also been proven that after these changes the only thing that happened is that the weak got weaker and the strong got stronger, quoting a movie dialog, this is not a failure, anyone can go and fail, this is a fiasco, we keep getting the bitter medicine PW china gets without being sick ourselves, and later on PW china gets a compensation or a rollback while we're stuck with this crappy TW system and are still waiting after 5 months for a compensation to the nerf on DQ items price

Wondering what's the cause of inflation? packs and 10m big notes are

Wondering what's the cause of a single faction owning the whole map? new TW system is

Wonder why your players are logging in less frequently, the forums are clogged with QQ and your online numbers are decreasing? the BS we get as a lame excuse for unwanted changes is, no one wanted you guys to mess with the TW or the UI, yet you did, instead of fixing what is not broken fix the bugs that have been there like forever: rubberbanding all over the place, bosses that randomly don't spawn (like the 2-x dog boss), magic shell not overwriting itself, a lot of rooms in the cube not giving back a puzzle cube when you die on them (for example room 14 when another player kills you), if the players were not complaining about the UI or the TW system it means THEY WERE WORKING FINE
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
This discussion has been closed.