Open Registration-Grand Prize:1 Ultimate Weapon

Options
Messenger - Dreamweaver
Messenger - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Tideswell (East)
The rules and regulations of this game will be changing constantly to adapt to the community and the voice of those who play. As such, it will operate very much like a democracy, with a majority rules condition for any changes the community wants to make. I will however retain full veto power over any change to ensure that no one party monopolizes the competition.

MAJOR EDIT
It is clear that there is not enough support for the main prize to be an ultimate weapon. I have reformatted the race to be a simple lottery and the rules have changed accordingly. The race will continue to run under the current name. Because of the enormous amount of hate mail that was received by various parties, I would like to state that this game is not sanctioned or endorsed by any person other than myself. This is a one man operation and absolutely no one besides me will be able to answer questions regarding me or the game.

That being said here are the first rules of the game;

1. I am ineligible to participate in the main competition, and under no circumstances will I be able to declare myself the winner.

2. All players who wish to participate will register via the registration discussion. Its quite simple, just post your characters name exactly as it is spelled in PW, and you are in.

3. All pledges must be received in person or via the in-game mail system. I will keep records of each transaction via screen shots. Now you might be thinking, "I am not gonna send my money or my items to this guy!", but let me assure that I am of the highest quality character. I am honest and I do not steal. This game will only work on trust, so if you cant find it possible to trust me, you need not play.

4. For all non monetary donations (i.e. items, mounts etc.), a total value will be placed upon the item based on a static average price. I will create a price list for all semi-valuable and highly valuable items, which will be based on the items average price. These prices will not change with the economy of PW. I will be excluding most low-value items and they will not be accepted or counted towards your final total, unless you provide an obscene number of these low value items. I'm talking like 10000 of them, in which you will be awarded double the value you would receive from selling these items in a NPC shop. Otherwise do not submit them, they will be returned.

5. Players will receive 1 virtual lottery ticket for every 1 mil that they pledge. At the specified time, I will draw 1 lucky winner of the total amount of all pledges including coins and items. This player will be given everything that was pledged during the course of the race.

6. The first race will run for three days following the first pledge. After three days I will draw a random ticket. The holder of that ticket will be shouted for and then mailed a winning notice following which he/she will be required to contact me to receive their prize.

7. In the event that a player wishes to withdraw from the race, he or she will be free to do so at anytime. All money's and items will be returned and the player will be ineligible to participate for a period of no less than 1 week. All virtual tickets will be null and void.

Well that's all I have so far, if you have any suggestions please drop them in the suggestion discussion.
Post edited by Messenger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes, let's give enough money to get a warsoul to one person. I doubt many people would be up for this. Besides, what's the appeal of somebody like me putting in money, when I know that there are sooo many more with craploads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm sure people will be happy to entrust $30000 worth of mats to some complete stranger.

Good luck!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sanctam has 153 posts, and Ranfa has 351. [As of this moment anyway]

I think that's awesome. b:laugh
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sounds, and looks like a scam.

"The player who donated the most wins the grand prize of 1 Ultimate Weapon of their choice!" Gonna say your alt donated the most?

How does it work? Basically players pledge an amount of coin or other valuable items to the cause of creating an Ultimate Weapon." Taking items/money from innocent players...nice.

" I will keep track of who has donated what, and tally the totals."
    Meaning you'll keep all the items and money for yourself?

"The rules and regulations of this game will be changing constantly to adapt to the community and the voice of those who play. As such, it will operate very much like a democracy, with a majority rules condition for any changes the community wants to make. I will however retain full veto power over any change to ensure that no one party monopolizes the competition. That being said here are the first rules of the game;" Yea, it's a democracy but i'm still a dictator that'll steal it all.

"3. All pledges must be received in person or via the in-game mail system. I will keep records of each transaction via screen shots. Now you might be thinking, "I am not gonna send my money or my items to this guy!", but let me assure that I am of the highest quality character. I am honest and I do not steal. " You're level 77 and haven't even been here long enough for people to account for you. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and with you holding that much power, you'll end up stealing.

"6. The race will run until we reach a total value of 6.75 billion coins." See you can't even do the math. They cost a third of this value. Tokens are 10k each not, not 15k each. Warsoul mats can be bought with gold mats, mysterious chips, those sort of things cheaper than that formula you followed.

To me, this 'contest' seems wrong and as if you're about to rob a ton of people.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • deameaon
    deameaon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I So Have To Agree with Dsholder on this one
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely and with you holding that much power, you'll end up stealing.

.-.
    That be a lie.
    Me alone hold more power then all of humanity has had in their entire existence but me am not corrupt at all.
    x.x'
    Mayhaps they should revise that into absolute power in the hands of a human corrupts absolutely.
    (>.<)'

Also yesh this sounds like very shady.
    o.o
    Even if it were legit everyone except one person has any reason to do this.....it be merely a waste of money to everyone else who participated in this.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Complete total fail of a scam.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver
    Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just ask mommy to buy you warsoul wep.
  • Messenger - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am not surprised at how many people view this as a scam. I am OK with that. This idea is just a game played within another game, both of which have no bearing on real life. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and honestly I expected as much during the early stages of my game. I will do my best to clarify any concerns and answer any questions.

@Sanctam
    I am aware that the vast majority of PW players would not participate in this game. It was never about getting everyone to play though. This game would really only be for the 1000's of players who would be able to part with 5 mil or so if it meant they would possibly get a Warsoul weapon. The idea is that it creates a bidding war for an item that would otherwise take a very long time to acquire. It is reasonable that there are at least 500 people who would put their time and effort into winning this game at the expense of some pixels and time. Essentially its a lottery, where the person who buys the most tickets is guaranteed to win and the odds are a billion times better than if you tried to farm alone. I will also be instating 1st and 2nd place prizes using any excess funding. Hope that clears it up.

@Ranfa
    Complete stranger? Most likely, but I have several friends who would testify of my character and while it may not mean anything to you or anyone else, I know that I am an honest man. $30000 worth of mats? Only if your wallet is big enough to actually purchase all those mats and then you wouldn't need to play anyway. Otherwise the only thing you lose is time spent in a game you play regardless. The trust thing is definitely the biggest issue here. The problem is that if players only promise to give the money, everyone would pull out when they lost. Allowing a third party to mediate and collect the funds prevents people from pulling out at the last second. Of course that is where the trust comes in. It will obviously take time, but eventually people will see that I am honest and we will gather more support. I do appreciate the luck though, thank you.

@Dsholder
    Worried about my alts? Would a screen shot of my character selection screen showing that my only alt is an assassin that I started two days ago satisfy that concern? Worried that I will be stealing inanimate objects based in a computer simulation? I honestly really hope that there are no people out there who would be sad enough to do this, I know I don't, but like I said trust will take time for most of you. As most of your concern is based around a trust issue, I can really say no more than to ask around for people who know me, I don't steal. The democracy idea is so that I am not a tyrant, just as the President of the United States is not a tyrant. Where would the fairness be if an entire faction and there alt faction and there alts came together to instate a rule that guaranteed them to win? It would be non-existent, which is the only reason I can repeal a majority vote. As I will continue to point out, I am honest and as I pointed out earlier, if the funds are not collected there is no accountability for the losers to pay up when the goal is reached. While I may only be level 79, you will see that i have been playing since Jul 2009, while you have been here since Nov 2009. Point being I may look like a noob, but I am not one. The thing with absolute power is that it corrupts the corruptible, which I know am am not. This trust issue is really the theme of these concerns. I am glad you took the time to read the info rather than just shrug it off, and as I said if you have a verifiable formula that is more accurate than the one I found, please put me onto it and changes will be made. Until then the goal remains the same.

@MagicHamsta
    As I said, and no doubt will say many more times, the trust is the biggest obstacle here. As far as your statement that only one person would have a reason to do this and it being a waste of money, let me again point out that my odds are still better than if you farmed alone, there will be 1st and 2nd place prizes, anyone who has previously won will be ineligible to win again. So you lose 5-10 maybe even 50 mil, but think of what you would have saved if you won. If you only ever played my game instead of trying to raise the billions you need alone, you would have a better chance of acquiring a Warsoul.

@Healing_Hand
    I suppose you are implying that I am either a young naive boy or a sheltered middle aged man living in his parents basement and that this is my attempt to acquire an otherwise extremely difficult item. I can assure you that I am neither and I am not trying to scam anyone. I only hope that people will reserve judgment until after they have searched and asked around for an actual reason not to trust me and then searched and found out why they can trust me. Anyway thanks for the input.

I am sure there will be more questions and concerns as time goes on. I intend to see this through until I either succeed or fall gloriously short. Again thanks everyone for taking a look.
  • Mictain - Dreamweaver
    Mictain - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh look...even I have so few posts. Well...best to not let that stop me.

It always amazes me when people say "Chill, it's just a game...it's not real...." and try to downplay the fact PWE is a quite successful company on the NASDAQ. Granted as of late their stocks aren't doing as well ($24.68/share last I checked)...they're still a company, and any abnormally expensive items purchased within the game can easily be seen as an indirect investment into said company.

The fact is, people **** account all the time for all this "not real" stuff. That's the reason they have rules about it. So lets take a hypothetical shall we?

Imagine...this was real. Every gamers fantasy. In REAL LIFE there were a such thing as a Warsong weapon, and you decided to open the same kind of contest. Do you really think without any sort of credentials or licensing, ANYTHING to show that you are going to be held accountable aside from "your word"...that anyone would be willing to partake in such a game? Okay...I'll admit, you could keep it within the context of the game and that situation would still work...I just wanted to sound like a nerd b:laugh

In the end, your intentions may very well of been in the right place, but the only way anyone is really going to go along with something like this were to be if PWE themselves set it up, and I highly doubt you'd see that anytime soon from the simple fact they make more profit in the items needed to COLLECT the Warsong mats, than the mats themselves are worth ^^;
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Each player would need to "donate" 6.75m each if DW even has 1k players in it. Most players don't even have 1m at any given time. How do you expect this to work?
  • Messenger - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have updated the rules and regulations to reflect the change from a "highest bidder" system to a virtual lottery. In short each player will receive 1 virtual lottery ticket for every 1 mil pledge. When the goal is reached, there will be a random draw with 1 player winning the Warsoul weapon and two players winning runner up prizes, which will be announced at the draw.

@volst
    See above.

@Mictain
    It all comes down to trust. I may be just a naive, overly trusting, good Samaritan of a person to believe that people want to be honest and that a man's word still means something, but yes I do believe I could set up something like this in RL, if it were not illegal to do so.
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hey..
  • spytfyre
    spytfyre Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sry dude i am agreeing wit the others albeit warsoul weaps are awesome but ive never paid more than 3 mil for anything in this game but if u just wanted to sell a weapon use the in game auction house that's why it was put in for people to get rid of the things they dont need and sell to other players instead of selling to npc and it being gone forever

and another thing nothing in this game is worth over 6 bill in coin not even a warsoul weap and i will not be surprised if the gms ban u for this scam

IN THE DARKNESS LIGHT WILL SHINE NightMist quote 09-01-10
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if you know it is illegal to set it up in real life, just because it is being run in a virtual environment why do you believe it is any more legal?

just asking. not particularly interested in warsoul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Mourey__ - Dreamweaver
    Mourey__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I did my own math long time ago ....
    6 750 000 000 is just total fee to get all mats you need for warsoul weapon. Other than this money, you need 315 300 mysterious chips! I was doing this some time ago when tokens were worth a bit more than now (10k is current price), so I took chip price of 11k each. At 11k a chip that is total of 3 468 300 000 coins to get all chips. So chip price + fee = 10 218 300 000 coins for one warsoul weapon.
    If you buy with real money at 400k a gold it will cost 25 546 $. Oh and I forgot to include fee for gold trading, so it is more than that ..... b:sweat b:faint
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I did my own math long time ago ....
    6 750 000 000 is just total fee to get all mats you need for warsoul weapon. Other than this money, you need 315 300 mysterious chips! I was doing this some time ago when tokens were worth a bit more than now (10k is current price), so I took chip price of 11k each. At 11k a chip that is total of 3 468 300 000 coins to get all chips. So chip price + fee = 10 218 300 000 coins for one warsoul weapon.
    If you buy with real money at 400k a gold it will cost 25 546 $. Oh and I forgot to include fee for gold trading, so it is more than that ..... b:sweat b:faint

@.@ Warsoul shmarsoul HELL NO b:shocked I prefer my lunar weap rather than spending so much cash on some pixels b:surrender
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't really think anyone would want to invest in Warsoul after the Rank 9 and with the game slowly dying that way it'll be just a loss situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Elve - Dreamweaver
    Elve - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Honestly, If PWE was running this, it would be a great idea o.o Turn in items like tokens and mounts for a set value [anyone for 5k tokens?] and run a giant lottery. I think that would be better than packs for sure o.o
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Honestly, If PWE was running this, it would be a great idea o.o Turn in items like tokens and mounts for a set value [anyone for 5k tokens?] and run a giant lottery. I think that would be better than packs for sure o.o

5k tokens will never happen D=
    10 tokens = 1 wine
    trade 1 wine for triumph money
    npx that for 99999 coins? :O
    or what kind of tokens are you talking about ? ._>
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My two beautifuls are above me.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And I'm under you. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Closing this for now, CM can make a final call about it tomorrow.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Players are free to plan and participate in their own events like this, but please know that the event itself is not sanctioned, sponsored by, or overseen by PWE. As with all player-to-player transactions, you would be participating in this player event at your own risk.

That said, I'm re-opening the thread.

Good luck :)
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So, this whole event doesn't even seem the least bit like a scam to you?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    by making the above post, Frankie has officially removed PWI of any responsibility for any future outcome of this "venture" (let's not call it a scam until the pile of money becomes too much of a temptation and organiser disappears off to a well funded alt somewhere). You pays your money you takes your chance.. personally I think the chance of anything good coming out of this, makes the chance of getting a scroll of tome out of a pack now look downright good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I still call this to be a scam.
    And what Shulkie said.. You take your chance with your money.
    I have no intrest in this event. I dont want to waste any of my broadland bow funds ><.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this be the worst competition i have seen in looong time. b:surrender

thats all
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think Frankies call on this is the only right call PWE could possibly make.

If he had tried to shoot it down, it'd reek of censorship / tyranny on PWE's part.

At the same time he hardly endorsed this either. There's a steep warning to be mined in Frankies post, that is, there is a big risk you will never see your money again.

That said, I would love if PWE did some official lottery like this though. With a set entry fee and the prizes distributed purely by odds, not by who has the most money to throw at it.