My pet cannot be a higher level than me?

wasei
wasei Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Venomancer
i have a level 26 Riding wolf which has been with me since...day 2 (yes levelling was fun) and i'm also level 26. However, my pet's EXP level is 100% and will NOT go any further, until I LEVEL.

so is it a in game glitch or is it deliberate? since otherwise i'll just attempt to get a glacier and make his loyalty 999 from now on...

PS-glacial walkers. tried to tame it with level 1 tame pet...IT HAD 10 HP?!?!/ WHY STILL RESIST?!?! :rawrb:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by wasei on

Comments

• Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Its deliberate. They wouldn't want someone running around with a level 100 pet, being level 20 themselves. As for the tame pet, how about leveling the skill? I'm sure that would help you. Or else you can buy an egg from someone else for like 10,000-20,000 coins if even that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • wasei
    edited September 2010
    Its deliberate. They wouldn't want someone running around with a level 100 pet, being level 20 themselves. As for the tame pet, how about leveling the skill? I'm sure that would help you. Or else you can buy an egg from someone else for like 10,000-20,000 coins if even that.

Ah, thnaks ^_^

btw-i already caught him, it was kinda funny when my friend and i was trying to catch it, and it wouldn't budge. we gave up after 10 minutes, then, after i got tame pet level 2, it finally worked.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Tame Beast is not worth leveling just for a Glacial Walker, or any number of common pets. The time wasted leveling it could be time used to try again. Tame Beast has another use as a free luring aid. By leveling it: you are adding to the amount of MP it cost per use. Even if you get a luring genie: you still have CD to wait for, and Tame Beast combined with Earth Flame allows you to lure 2 select mobs at once (very sweet).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The reason you weren't able to tame it originally is probably because you didn't damage it enough. If you want to tame something, get it to under half hp first. If you do that the success chance is significantly higher.

As for leveling tame, just don't do it. It's not a matter of using spirit elsewhere or that it's expensive or anything like that. The reason you shouldn't level tame is that level 1 works exactly the same as level 10. The only difference is that the mana cost goes up by leveling it and tame gets pretty costly mana wise.

Just about everyone who has level 10 tame would happily pay coin/spirit to delevel it to 1 again. It's just something that should never be leveled.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The reason you weren't able to tame it originally is probably because you didn't damage it enough. If you want to tame something, get it to under half hp first. If you do that the success chance is significantly higher.

They said in the first post that it had 10hp when they tried to tame it. That's real low, I'd say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They said in the first post that it had 10hp when they tried to tame it. That's real low, I'd say.
    Yeah, there's a hidden chance for the tame to fail even if the mob has 1 hp. I'm pretty sure leveling tame lowers this chance (no data to back it up, just a hunch). But in no way is reducing it worth giving up the 150 mp lures.

DO NOT LEVEL TAME PAST LEVEL 1. Just don't do it. If you do level it, when you get to high level, you'll go to sleep every night to visions of a chorus of forum members pointing and laughing at you and saying "Told ya so." That's how stupid you'll feel.
  • wasei
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, there's a hidden chance for the tame to fail even if the mob has 1 hp. I'm pretty sure leveling tame lowers this chance (no data to back it up, just a hunch). But in no way is reducing it worth giving up the 150 mp lures.

DO NOT LEVEL TAME PAST LEVEL 1. Just don't do it. If you do level it, when you get to high level, you'll go to sleep every night to visions of a chorus of forum members pointing and laughing at you and saying "Told ya so." That's how stupid you'll feel.

...oh **************************

tame pet is level 3.b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry my Tame pet is level 10... I lure with my pet or myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2010

It depends, really ! I have it leveled always, because I like to tame rare pets ( for myself, mostly), and when the -chan lvl 80+ ppl show up, you need to have at least your tame leveled up to be able to stand a chance .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Rare pet camping is a very specialized activity. If you want the rares for yourself it isn't worth it to loose the future advantage of better mp management when pulling for a squad at higher levels. I was able to catch my own rares with level 1 Tame, which i still mantain. It took teamwork. This is an often overlooked strategy and IMO the best way to stand a chance against the high level tamers with -chan gear. Make friends with the people at camping spots, not everyone is out for themselves...

Solandri is right, unless you want to devote yourself to farming rares, and at high levels this is more trouble than it's worth considering there are better returns for placing the same amount of dedication elsewhere, leveling Tame is wasteful. Regular pets level 1 tame is certainly adequate for at all level ranges. Rare camping is too much of a niche for leveling Tame to make for good advice to the majority of venos...
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Indeed, MANray, you are right, I was thinking from the perspective of the server I am on, 2 months ago it was only me and 2 lvl 80 venos, mostly, so I needed the most advantages I could get my hands on( still managed to catch my rares, yey ) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]