edited September 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Carth Onasi?

this pleases me.
Post edited by Bastilla - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    youd be surprised how nerdy our CM is, if you havent figured it out, frankieraye = nova from silver surfer. bet hes full of nerdy surprises
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We have CMs? Since When?
    @ OP: How did you come across this "information?"b:scorn
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Anyone playing an MMO is usually in the Top Percentage of nerd. Myself included, though I might not be the top of the tip I do know my far share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Cool story, bro.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Anyone playing an MMO is usually in the Top Percentage of nerd. Myself included, though I might not be the top of the tip I do know my far share.

Hey man, i resent that. Some of us are more geek than nerd, the main difference being we actually get to go out with the cute chics that cosplay...

As for the Silver Surfer it wasn't a bad title, although unfortunately i only got to read it once i was already into the work of Bob Burden and Peter David which means i wasn't that much into that comic book type at the time...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It was also one of my characters he was talking about, since apparently it looks a lot like Carth Onasi which I didn't even model it after.

My cleric looks even more like him...

Very observant of him though b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It was also one of my characters he was talking about, since apparently it looks a lot like Carth Onasi which I didn't even model it after.

i should have stayed on HT and made you my ingame husband. but you need the name carth onasi. too bad the proper spelling of Bastila was already taken......
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2010

RAWR o.o'
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The force be weak in this one.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey man, i resent that. Some of us are more geek than nerd, the main difference being we actually get to go out with the cute chics that cosplay...

As for the Silver Surfer it wasn't a bad title, although unfortunately i only got to read it once i was already into the work of Bob Burden and Peter David which means i wasn't that much into that comic book type at the time...

Pics or it didn't happen. b:chuckle
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Pics or it didn't happen. b:chuckle

Yeah, i'm going to post pics of my ex just to make a point... That would surely earn me the forum's respect... Nerds are good at math, geeks skip class to smoke pot... There's a difference man.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm not a geek D: I hate star wars O_o I'm a nerd only a little... more of a grammar nerd than anything.. and a bookworm but me no like a lot of sci fi stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, i'm going to post pics of my ex just to make a point... That would surely earn me the forum's respect... Nerds are good at math, geeks skip class to smoke pot... There's a difference man.
    pfft, geeks are those creepy people obsessed with collection of paraphenalia, and trivial knowledge of their prefered subject. AKA basement dwelling trekkies. nerds are smart, and can be attractive to hot girls, nerds > geeky neckbeards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
    Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    who remembers the films as they were before they added emo anakin at the end?

who remembers the films before george sold out.?

who remembers han shot first?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I like this one better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQbpODYuM4

(it's mostly dutch jokes, so you undutch people might not get all of it)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like this one better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQbpODYuM4

(it's mostly dutch jokes, so you undutch people might not get all of it)

They probably won't get any of them b:chuckle

en ik moet ook heel nodig schijten
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikkai - Sanctuary
    Rikkai - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pfft, geeks are those creepy people obsessed with collection of paraphenalia, and trivial knowledge of their prefered subject. AKA basement dwelling trekkies. nerds are smart, and can be attractive to hot girls, nerds > geeky neckbeards.

Omigosh o.o you have noticed the neckbeards too??? there is nothing worse than a neckbeard x......x scares me....but hey at least they help me with my hw b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Lol dont you just love those random stalkerish guys~b:shocked
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Im not a nerd, or a geek. In fact, far from it, although I'm somewhat asian b:shocked
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    MOST asians = Nerds b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    MOST asians = Nerds b:chuckle
    no most asians = people with cameras around their neck, wearing a hawaiian button up shirt, straw hat, and shorts. they go 'onry in america, can i see wonders rike dis.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

If we are going to get technical i'm more of a stoner than a geek myself. And some of us get into creative fields. My prefered subjects are history and literature btw, not that i couldn't hold my own on a sci fi discussion...

Not saying nerds can't be succesful themselves, but MMOs attract very different people. And sorry, no, nerds are socially inept by definition. Succesful nerds have got money, not smarts, on their side when it comes to seduction. Geeks on the other hand grow up to be sofisticated adults, do you think i bring up the fact i play MMOs in parties? No, i actually love dancing (and since we are bringing up stupid stereotypes, being latin does help). I had friends of the garden variety nerd type back in the days of tabletop RPGs. They grew up to either come out of the closet or become shut-ins. The nerdiest guy i've been close to actually grew up to become a game designer however, he's pretty succesful. Still, he's got a mullet, can't really talk to women and still can't hold his liqueur. Most of the people i used to go to raves with ended up succesful in fields like film making or graphics design on the other hand. Some became musicians and those are probably the ones that struggle the most, still they've probably had the better lives when it comes to fun and experience.

Being 32 years old i would say nerds have a much bigger chance of ending up basement dwellers...