How do you get your coin?

Sarieanna - Raging Tide
Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
Skills are expensive [sage heal is like b:shocked], where do you get the coin to keep up?
I love my sister, Alex <3
Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
Post edited by Sarieanna - Raging Tide on

Comments

• XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    dont bu pots or charms or fash dont buy oracles and save save save! sel all DQ and other items if u haz fash dont buy moar plz and u should have some small amount of money my cleric from 1-30 made 1.7 mill coins....b:bye
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    Albaj - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For starters...

Don't do Bounty Hunters if you're concerned about making money. They give huge exp/spirit, but unless you get a really lucky boss drop you'll get **** all for money.

Do your quests. Not only do they help you level, most will give you coins as part of the reward. A few give soulgems and equipment as well... they aren't high quality or anything, but they're fine at your level if you're on a budget.

Don't have high levels help you with mob quests. Item drop rates are based on the highest leveled member of the squad. The higher their level compared to the monster you're fighting, the lower the drop rate. Bosses are another story; although I advocate tackling them with a similarly-leveled squad in order to better learn the game, having a high level help won't diminish the tangible rewards.

Don't teleport. Or, at the very least, be wise about where you teleport to. Teleports to starter areas and between the small towns in the starter areas are cheap. Teleporting to Archo is relatively expensive, and it only gets worse after that. By the way, you can get a free "teleport" to Archosaur from any starter city by going through the Cube of Fate, accessed by talking to the nearby Khatru Pup.

Apothecary. For the price of 15 crane herb and 10 salvia root, you can make 5 focus powder. This increases your MP regen by 50 per second for 10 minutes. Put another way: 25 grasses that you can harvest for free will earn you 50 minutes of not having to worry about your mana, without charms, and only needing potions in dungeons (if even then). Apothecary can make many other potions as well that do a variety of things.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Apothecary. For the price of 15 crane herb and 10 salvia root, you can make 5 focus powder. This increases your MP regen by 50 per second for 10 minutes. Put another way: 25 grasses that you can harvest for free will earn you 50 minutes of not having to worry about your mana, without charms, and only needing potions in dungeons (if even then). Apothecary can make many other potions as well that do a variety of things.

it's not free, it takes time.

@OP
    imho, questing is inefficient exp and money.
    do your bh and then go to tt

edit: oh, you are 45 so no tt. then quests/farming it is xD
    but I still suggest to do bh to speed your levelling and then go to tt
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I get most of my money from my OHT daily. Which is about 30-50k coin per day. Sometimes more if I'm lucky during bh or FCC. XD

Doesn't sound like much, but my cleric is by now my cheapest char. I seldom use expensive teleports, buy pots (because I use them so slowly), or repair, so while my income is low, I have expenses to match. My skills are lvled high enough for me to function, and I level them as I need to - very slowly.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I get it from my cashshopping husband. LOL jk. (Jk about jk.)

But yeah, I spam TT runs. TT1-2 or higher I'll do just to sell the drops. I don't have the patience to farm anything, so that's pretty much the only way I make income.

I also port into the cube of fate every time I need to port to Arch. Saves a lot of money in the long run.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I pimp out three hookers on the corner in west Arch, one buys low the other sells high... another sets a price to make the other look like a better deal.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sell gold b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I would spend your free time, farming herbs and materials all over the map- then set up catshop selling them. That's what I did for a long time until I was able to farm TT... which now went to all hell xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    mm... if you have a PC that you can keep on for a few hours a day, try merchanting. You can gradually earn money and increase what your selling or you can charge like invest 20$ on pwi boutique to get a boost start, and then buy/sell from there on. Keep a note on the sales they do and you can partially predict whats next
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    dont bu pots or charms or fash dont buy oracles and save save save! sel all DQ and other items if u haz fash dont buy moar plz and u should have some small amount of money my cleric from 1-30 made 1.7 mill coins....b:bye

Clerics need to buy pots, moron.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Where do you get the coin to keep up?

Personally, merchanting has been my best friend for a long time now. I have purchased lots of endgame gear through profits from merching. The hard part is not spending it all when you can finally afford that +10 and re-investing so you can still merchant after you get it b:cry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Thank goodness someone said it b:shocked

Anyways, at lower levels it can be more difficult to earn coins...best advice to make some start up $$ =

While questing, farm any mat/herb around you and sell them in a shop or sell them to shops. Bank that $$ until you have enough to start the merchanting game. Also, like others said, resist buying **** you don't need b:surrender

Side Note --> You do not have to lvl all skills, there are more then a few you can definately skip for a long, long time. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    OOOOOOHH. I'll keep those in mind ;)

Hard part about it is not spending the coins...but then again. I lived without res for the longest time until I remembered that I had 200k tucked in the bank b:chuckle

Thanks again!!
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I Never bought a single mp charm or mp pot during my entire game life besides Herb Yuanxiao for keeping BB up. All the ones I had were from drops while questing/grinding.

Apothecary stuff can keep your MP bar filled during questing, running instances and boss fights. They are practically free if you are willing to spend the time gathering the herbs.

The low levels (1-30) are the most dificults for a cleric due to high demand mp and low mp regen. Here patience is the key. Meditate often, kite (hit and rum) while killing mobs and try to administrate your mp usage and pots wisely so you don't need to waste coins on buying pots. At this time, Apothecary lvl 1 Life powder can be used to save some mp by not having to heal yourself after every fight.

After lvl 30, when you can start manufacturing Jade powder, you'll have more freedom to use your mp at your leisure (but don't forget to meditate).

After lvl 40, when you can start manufacturing Focus Orbs, you'll have an almost unlimited amount of mp (for a limited time tho). Meditation can boost it effectiveness too.

Also at this lvl (40+) your HP/MP regen buff will be high enough to make meditation faster, coin-free and your main source of MP, letting you save the Focus Powders for more important things, like spam healing the tank on a boss fight.

Keep this in mind and you'll see how your income will be greatly increased b:victory
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010

hey moron its called MP regen powders from apoth and HP regen from powders im not the moron you are for being so dence
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hey moron its called MP regen powders from apoth and HP regen from powders im not the moron you are for being so dence

im gonna be nice about this... but when you get up in the higher levels- those regen apoc and powders do not cut it... the amount of mana you are burning is greater than the amount being regained.... soo... just an fyi :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skanaus - Heavens Tear
    Skanaus - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Mana pots are relatively cheap for lvls below 50. 100x lvl 40 mana pots = 57k or so, lower are way cheaper even. And, knowing the fact I spend those 100 pots in like 4-6 days, earning up to 600-800k, this is not really expensive.

i would suggest (for lvl 30-40): go to Silver Pool and farm hays! I have made great income on those.
    And now I just do solo armies, can't find any better for now, but i have enough coins and spirit for my skills, and gaining reputation at the same time b:pleased
  • SolSong - Heavens Tear
    SolSong - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I get my coins from the hard work of the 101 main char...along with all her old gear...which saved a ton of money. Luckily my main also farmed my TT90 before the TT went nuts. Merchanting is a huge help.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im gonna be nice about this... but when you get up in the higher levels- those regen apoc and powders do not cut it... the amount of mana you are burning is greater than the amount being regained.... soo... just an fyi :/

Focus powder keeps my mp bar maxed during all boss fights if I'm healing the tank. Conentrate Orbs does the same in case boss spams AoE frequently (thus sending me into combat mode), allowing me to recover mp faster once I get out combat mode.

And in case even mp regen pots can't keep my mp up, Jade powders, Soothing & Artics Orbs gives more mp than a regular pot, and can be made for free.

For regular grinding/DDing both cuts meditation time in half or more.

If you enter into combat mode, no mp pot or mp regen will be able to keep your mp up (unless your char has a HUGE amount of mp/sec regen stat).

As I said. patience is the key. kill mobs till your mp bar is empty, then meditate 30 secs - 1 minute and start again. Or kill a mob, wait till mp regens, rinse and repeat.

The imaptient will try to go into a non-stop mob killing using all his pots, expecting to gain more coins than the ones spent on mp pots.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know that me starting april of '09 is considered a late start and that lvl 86 is now considered a low lvl noob but....I have never bought a single potb:surrender.

I meditate while grinding or grind around mats..kill, kill.... ---> farm while mp regens ---> repeat. what pots i get as drops use in dungeons if i need. yea I have bought a few herbs....1-2 sets of 50. I can heal Any FB boss my lvl with a squad of similar lvls on almost a single mp bar maybe using a couple pots i had gotten as drops. TT is a bit different yes but thats why I save the pots i get as drops. I have a few hundred lvl 70 - 80 pots I can use for BB and if i am out of BB i can use Arctic orbs and whatever the other ones are called. (regain 6000 or 9000 mp depending on what u use)

You just play smart, use ur time and resources to their potential and not just spam pots. on alts in bhs or fbs or whatever i see clerics using pots when their mp is well above 50%. even when healing I watch my mp barb and click to the boss every once in a while to see how long it has left. I'll pot when I have abt 1000-1500 mp left and even then only if the boss wont die by then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amestario - Harshlands
    Amestario - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    all i gotta say is Sage Ironheart. the mana burn on that is ridiculous (400 per cast rather than the usual 100), especially if im at a boss where spam healing is a must, i.e. the Lochmur 10 quest. that boss isnt horrible, but gotta keep up heals on everyone which burns a lot of mp
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hHig lvl or at least 70+

1 token 11k

3 tokens 23k = 50 mana crab meat(5000mp reg).

Now is this hard????
    b:bye
  • stripboekenfan
    stripboekenfan Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hHig lvl or at least 70+

1 token 11k

3 tokens 33k = 50 mana crab meat(5000mp reg).

Now is this hard????
    b:bye

Fixed for you, but we know what you mean b:mischievous. Those are really very nice in everything I do in PWI b:pleased