Dictatorship of PW on forum?

Options
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
frankieraye:
Since your post involves some inappropriate content (certain imagery), this thread is getting locked and depth'd.

Wow. So for opinion is thread locked? I lived in communism country in east Europe and exactly this what you said frankieraye I saw every day. The punishment for opinion was prison. Freedom was gone and I see some parallels with this forum. It's sad that instead of arguments you lock the thread for some1 opinion especially if this opinion has BIG point.
Interesting where forum goes ...

As you locked this thread.
Be happy With What You Get" Question For The PW Company
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sowwy Mumintroll, but the OP of that thread be a moron.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Far from a Dictatorship b:embarrass
    NOTE: Threads Directed to Perfect World Staff Members

The forums are not the place for you to address your inquiry to PW Staff Members. Any and all inquiries should be made through our ticketing system. Before contacting customer support, please use the search function and look through our FAQs located in the Support section of our website for account and billing related inquiries. A general FAQ regarding gameplay can be accessed from the main page.
    Profanity filter dodging and filtered words/statements with clear vulgar intent will also be considered outright violations.

^ Those I believe if you want to get technical with this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sowwy Mumintroll, but the OP of that thread be a moron.
    x.x'
    It's doesn't matter if you agree or not or is he is right or not. What matter is, his right to write opinion. And that was not just this thread I saw(locked) it on lot of uncomfortable threads. Freedom of speech I though is the most appreciate and valuable in democracy. Not freedom of act but speech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is an internet forum. You do not have rights here, you do not have free speech here. The moderators can and will decide what they want discussed or not. You have no choice in the matter. Your participation here is voluntary and a privilege. That privilege may be denied or revoked or censored at any time..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's doesn't matter if you agree or not or is he is right or not. What matter is, right to write his opinion. And that was not just this thread I saw(locked) it on lot of uncomfortable threads. Freedom of speech I though is the most appreciate and valuable in democracy. Not freedom of act but speech.

Bashing the PWI staff is not allowed here. This is not USA or some other country, this is a forum 'ruled' by PWI staff.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's doesn't matter if you agree or not or is he is right or not. What matter is, right to write his opinion. And that was not just this thread I saw(locked) it on lot of uncomfortable threads. Freedom of speech I though is the most appreciate and valuable in democracy. Not freedom of act but speech.

These forums are not public areas; they are the property of official company with payed employees and paying customers. They reserve the right to enforce whatever rules they please, so long as they do not conflict with federal law. If anyone could do anything with anyone's property without restriction or penalty, anarchy would ensue.
    They don't HAVE to provide forums or even a game. Be happy they provide these forms of entertainment to you apparently otherwise meaningless existence, and follow their actually fair rules. They don't demand taxes, bills, rental, or other charges for using their forums or game(s). So grow up realize how well you have it. If you REALLY lived in a communistic community, you would know this is not communism here. Fail moar plz.b:bye
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

Freedom of Speech does not mean you can say whatever to want whenever you want b:surrender

There are certain applications too it and it is commonly mis-defined...b:surrender

Freedom of Speech is different from having Freedom of Thoughts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You do have an right to an opinion, but you have to present it in a civil way, if its full of cuss words, flamebait, or shaming someone, it will be deleted/locked.

Seriously, why make a thread on this? I think for the most part, these forums are not that bad....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    These forums are not public areas; they are the property of official company with payed employees and paying customers. They reserve the right to enforce whatever rules they please, so long as they do not conflict with federal law. If anyone could do anything with anyone's property without restriction or penalty, anarchy would ensue.
    Do you think he abuse rules of this forum? I really don't think so.
    If PW cannot handle criticism they deserve to die.(game of course)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

Criticism =/= bashing PWI staff.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

The rules of the forums was already quoted above b:surrender

Also, they get PLENTY of criticism...it is more in how you do it. That poster could have written it in a much different form. Heck, look at some of the Stickies...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sure they can enforce any rules they wish, nobody's gonna stop them.

It doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and rather uptight on PWE's part though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and rather uptight on PWE's part though.

This forum is actually quite lenient compared to many others.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This forum is actually quite lenient compared to many others.

This is SO true...hell some of the ones I Mod and Admin are very tightly controlled...same for you too Michael b:chuckle

These forums give ppl a TON of slack imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sure they can enforce any rules they wish, nobody's gonna stop them.

You should compare it to a company office; if someone start calling people idiots and stuff, I would throw them out instantly without even thinking twice.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Criticizing is allowed and can be seen in many parts of this forum. Player criticism is one of the reasons why the forum is here in the first place-- so that we can have an open channel to what you guys think about PWI.

That particular thread was moved because of its content, as noted in the closing post.
This discussion has been closed.