Creative Characters

Options
manstar1
manstar1 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I'm talking about classes used for something original, such as Blademasters having a major amount of dex to use both bow, fists, etc...

Or clerics that can can use axes, etc...

Know anyone?
Post edited by manstar1 on

Comments

• Lakera - Dreamweaver
    Lakera - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'd love it if that were possible. But apparently creative builds in most MMORPGs would render you weaksauce. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    manstar1 wrote: »
    I'm talking about classes used for something original, such as Blademasters having a major amount of dex to use both bow, fists, etc...

Or clerics that can can use axes, etc...

Know anyone?
    Brb rolling axe ep.
  • manstar1
    manstar1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ouch,

I just remember hearing about this unique Bm a while back that was so hard to hit, and used a bow to deal most of his damage.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there is a veno on the forums who is 90+, brandishing axes and heavy armor.
    tons of BMs have enough dex to wield TT70-80 bows, this is all too common.
    creative builds do exist, people just dont brag about their ventures due to fear of the communty's backlash; where most of the tards here think everything has to be cookie cutter or it isnt worth using.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Lakera - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If most skills let you use any weapon, especially most skills that physically don't need them(like buffs), creative characters would be more viable. But the way it is now, it seems like the developers of the game don't want diversity in PWI. The only thing we'll get is 4 types of BMs(according to weapon) and different armor types on some classes.

Hopefully this will change soon, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i used a dex build pure polearm bm once. yes yes i know a single path bm is pointless, noobish ect but i only played him for fun and no other weapon path really appealed to me. i got him to 50 before i got bored of him (never last long on physical characters always prefered a caster)
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a pure dex archer. The only one of my kind.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a pure dex archer. The only one of my kind.
    Woah, those still exist?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    :o Well my barb is LA cause it's sexy & runs around with a purge pole cause I'm too cheap to get the 100 skill. That count?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My sin uses daggers, bow and lunar claws, but i think most of the sins use these 3 weapons, most creative and flexible class having high dmg on any weapon b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i wanna make fisted LA Bm >.> idk what will happend , but ill get alot of -interval
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I played an HA Axe cleric till about 80, then quit it because I could never get into squads for anything.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fist/claw BM? That's ridiculous!
  • Yahtzee - Raging Tide
    Yahtzee - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've got my mage veno and I've started another Veno who's HA/Robe and planning on doing a full melee Veno too... if any of that counts these days? =/

EDIT: If you know your EQ you can tell from my siggy that I was once an LA Veno. I know it's common I'm just pointing it out :P
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I know a guy with a HA psy in 7x that is practically unkillable and great at pk. Considering trying it myself...
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I know a guy with a HA psy in 7x that is practically unkillable and great at pk. Considering trying it myself...

HA Psychic? Unkillable? Okay d00d.
    Lemme just test my wield thunder out, kay?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    :o Well my barb is LA cause it's sexy & runs around with a purge pole cause I'm too cheap to get the 100 skill. That count?
    LA is sexy enough. Now you put it on a barb with a pole? OMFG EPIC WIN
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a level 81 axe veno >.> Don't let people fool you into thinking that some builds aren't viable. I've tanked up to 59 without a cleric and up to 79 with just a cleric in squad ^.^ I've been known to pull aggro from axe bms and it doesn't make them very happy either. Just please I don't want to start a fight with anyone, I've been through it a dozen times before.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    HA Psychic? Unkillable? Okay d00d.
    Lemme just test my wield thunder out, kay?

Good luck, let's just say that psy wasn't made with skillb:surrender

aka $$$$$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The best creativity in this game comes from tweaking one's characters to be more unique within the established rules. i.e., you can still use the weapons and armor assigned to your class, but you can do things with your gear, build, and pets (in the case of venos) that few others do. Veno is probably the best choice for doing so if you decide to tame various uncommon pets and beef them up with very good skills. :P Normally you'd want to forgo getting a herc or nix to make this viable.

Also: inb4 Bowbarians ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    saw for the first time, probably 3 years ago on MY version, a LA veno with a +7 bow or so... was doing pretty good damage for that time. since then, the only time you see this, is probably at snowmans or hands/heads in frost.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want to make a 5 aps fist Veno after that MY video I saw... lolwut?

I've seen a 90+ Veno with 23k Physical defense (Sage Aura of the Golden bell + Cleric buffs) *___*

I was like "....I wants... Can I has? x_x"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In an 8x frost on my assassin the other day >_> and of course we had to have the best kind of barb... the bowbarian b:shocked

He had enough dex at lvl 89 to use the HH70 Unicorn bow b:cry

Needless to say, in true form + HP buff he barely managed 9k HP b:surrender

We did manage to do the run... it was iffy though
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, my cleric is LA with almost all skills maxed, and at level 65 I just recently solo tanked Rankar for a while as the rest of the squad rezzed. Long story short: 3 clerics including me, 2 psys, and a low level BM. Psys too weak to survive aggro for long, so party wipes except for me. Twice. Second time, I cast Revive on a cleric, move Rankar out of AoE range, and then self IH + Plume Shell and attack while the rest get rezzed, and then hold aggro until he's dead. (picture)

LA clerics aren't so rare, I suppose, but once I hit the 90s or 100s I plan to roll a HA veno and an evasion based sin, just for kicks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I always wanted to see a Heavy Armor Wiz who's very capable of using the magic sword to melee.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

HA Psy would be a one-shot for every caster. :U

It'd also kinda defeat the purpose of Psy will...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a level 81 axe veno >.> Don't let people fool you into thinking that some builds aren't viable. I've tanked up to 59 without a cleric and up to 79 with just a cleric in squad ^.^ I've been known to pull aggro from axe bms and it doesn't make them very happy either. Just please I don't want to start a fight with anyone, I've been through it a dozen times before.

Eh nothing wrong with that.. and if you have your pet out along side you, thats incredible dps ~_~.
  • Lakera - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I always wanted to see a Heavy Armor Wiz who's very capable of using the magic sword to melee.
    I want to see a robe BM who can use Magic Swords with their sword skills. It's theoretically possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want to see a robe BM who can use Magic Swords with their sword skills. It's theoretically possible.

Except the magic swords don't count as swordsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    HA psy in 7x

HA sin, HA/LA axe veno, LA psychic (lol), HA archer, and I thought I've seen 'em all... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]