Chineese Problem?

nick1776
nick1776 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
Okay so,Im trying to get in the game and...When i click start something pops up with NON-English letters,Im trying to solve this but i cant.Can atleast the PWI Community help?Thanks. b:pleased
Post edited by nick1776 on

Comments

• cobar22
    cobar22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How play the perfectworld to begennin.
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think the solution was to install the east languages pack, but not 100 % sure. I`ll dig some of the old threads to check out.
  • nick1776
    edited September 2010
    Thanks,Grim.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2010
    Can you post a screenshot of the message you're seeing?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    "When I click start something pops up with NON-English letters"

This is going to be a wild guess, but it looks like yet another without video drivers.
    (The increasing frequency of this makes me curious.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Thysia - Raging Tide
    Thysia - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey I have been having the same problem as previous user even since this patch was updated too. Which is like today. For the record, never faced such a problem b4 today and I could even play for awhile after patch was updated so not sure if its problem with the patch. The problem just suddenly occured like just a warning box appearing out of nowhere. When I clicked the ok button the game just closed down. I have tried restarting game over and over but same problem still exists.

errorkt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope someone can help me with this problem D:

P.S When this warning box appears, I can still hear the sound going on in the background and the game is still moving normally like i can see guildies chatting but just can't click on anything ><
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Page breaker~

Your problem is different than the OP's. Your client loads, but when it loads everything around you, BAM! I only say this from experience, when there's something wrong in your client that error will appear and close the game. I could be wrong though.

Best course of action should be running a verify from the patcher. No guarantees though. b:surrender

@Surtur (or any other staff): What are the chances of having these error dialogs translated in the (distant) future?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • nick1776
    edited September 2010
    Meh,Dunno how to make screenshots.My friend suggested that i install PWI into another folder,Imma try that.b:pleased
  • nick1776
    edited September 2010
    Didnt work. .0.
    Oh and i mean In the menu when i have to click start somehing pops up .0. b:shocked
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Copy and paste the top half of your dxdiag into your forum post (that means 50% of the text). If you have Vista, please take out the (TM) (the trademark symbol) out of the text file, as the forums will cut it off and won't display the rest of the text.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file. This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

We'll take a look at it, and offer our advice (or our super cool and helpful community might beat us to answering things for you).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera