End-game weapon.....

Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
It seems to Fuzzy that me read alot of barbs saying the Calloused Lionheart's be their end game axe. There seems to be nothing at all wrong with this idea as a very credible option. Fuzzy has a set and can't think of a bad thing to say...

However, everyone likes to have a nice shiny new weapon to **** things to death with.

Looking around at the different forges there are however a number of weapons Fuzzy has yet to see in game or even hear talked about in the forums as end game gear.

So with that in mind, for now, Fuzzy is choosing the Ashura of Purgatory as the next goal. With the packs being a more or less permanent feature now, the Golden Mask mat (need 10 best luck to obtain) really isn't out of reach, and the 4 souledges needed are not exactly hard to get. No gold mats needed, just need to work each weapon chain an decomp as you go.

Fuzzy finds that there is enough free time if wanted these days to try an achieve a weapon like this. Setting weapon/armour goals and working towards it be most of the fun me can find in end game. Besides, the option to make them just sits there in the forge options mocking Fuzzy... how can me not be tempted to make em.

So.....

Any barb actually have 1st hand experience using this weapon? Is it really as good as it sounds and worth the investment?

b:question

(btw, when me say the souledges be easy to get, me just mean all it takes is the time investment to TT for em which honestly isn't a big deal if you not in a big rush to forge a weapon like this by next weekend)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ashura of Purgatory is the TT100 Poleaxe or? All what i know about is that i got onehitted of a lvl 101 barb with a 17k armageddon Hit which didn't include a critical Hit. But that should be also possible with the double damage of a TT90 Gold Dual Axe.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    TT100 Gold Poleaxe... (Gold Mask be the only required "gold" mat)

G13 Poleaxe
    Phys Attack 565-1694 (top end on gx axe be 1508)

Adds:
    Phys Attack +84
    Vit + 16-17
    Crit Rate +4%....

Sounds pretty badass to Fuzzy (nevermind if refined) and it can also be upgraded through Nirvana to a G15 so......

sounds worth it to this barb but would be nice to get a 1st hand review by someone who actually has em.

edit: It would also be nice to get rid of the gx's so they can be used to craft a life everlasting tome... so Fuzzy need to replace em with something anyway..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos has one.

Go for grade 15 nirvana axes with zerk.

Can be upgraded to G15 nirvana but needs 230 crystals which is only 20 less than to get a TT99 gold weapon to grade 15 nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Thanatos - Raging Tide
    Thanatos - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The weap is good as it is in both pve and pvp if u want a change from GX.

In pve its more superior because of the 4% crit and faster attack speed, helps me DD alot more in TT for example, i can DD more than some archers now btw b:laugh.

In pk, I cant really tell which is better because I can only afford to +6 my ashura atm, and its base damage is about the same as a GX +10. But ofc zerk plays an important part here. So unless u can +10 the Ashura, GX is still a better choice.

TT99 gold is a cheaper way to upgrade to G15 Nirvana axe for advanced zerk. But TT100 weap always pays off coz it automatically comes out 2 sockets.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the reply Thanatos, thats what Fuzzy was looking for. b:thanks

Guess that settles it. The 99 with zerk may be something Fuzzy decide to pursue next but that remains to be seen. For now Ashura be the plan. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It seems to Fuzzy that me read alot of barbs saying the Calloused Lionheart's be their end game axe. There seems to be nothing at all wrong with this idea as a very credible option. Fuzzy has a set and can't think of a bad thing to say...

However, everyone likes to have a nice shiny new weapon to **** things to death with.

Looking around at the different forges there are however a number of weapons Fuzzy has yet to see in game or even hear talked about in the forums as end game gear.

So with that in mind, for now, Fuzzy is choosing the Ashura of Purgatory as the next goal. With the packs being a more or less permanent feature now, the Golden Mask mat (need 10 best luck to obtain) really isn't out of reach, and the 4 souledges needed are not exactly hard to get. No gold mats needed, just need to work each weapon chain an decomp as you go.

Fuzzy finds that there is enough free time if wanted these days to try an achieve a weapon like this. Setting weapon/armour goals and working towards it be most of the fun me can find in end game. Besides, the option to make them just sits there in the forge options mocking Fuzzy... how can me not be tempted to make em.

So.....

Any barb actually have 1st hand experience using this weapon? Is it really as good as it sounds and worth the investment?

b:question

(btw, when me say the souledges be easy to get, me just mean all it takes is the time investment to TT for em which honestly isn't a big deal if you not in a big rush to forge a weapon like this by next weekend)

Go Fists Fuzzy b:victory

I'd keep your Gx's until you get nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    btw, when me say the souledges be easy to get, me just mean all it takes is the time investment to TT for em which honestly isn't a big deal if you not in a big rush to forge a weapon like this by next weekend)

Wooops, guess Fuzzy was wrong... Soul of Relics FTW.. Fuzzy now has the Ashura sitting in the bank just begging for refinement. b:thanks

Fuzzy had no idea 1 item could provide all 4 needed soul-edges but hey.... it was for sale, me needed and wanted it, bought it an now Fuzzy just need make 100. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wooops, guess Fuzzy was wrong... Soul of Relics FTW.. Fuzzy now has the Ashura sitting in the bank just begging for refinement. b:thanks

Fuzzy had no idea 1 item could provide all 4 needed soul-edges but hey.... it was for sale, me needed and wanted it, bought it an now Fuzzy just need make 100. b:pleased

Traz thinks fuzzy should stop referring to himself in the third person and use "I" more because to Traz it makes him look very arrogant and self-absorbed.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Traz thinks fuzzy should stop referring to himself in the third person and use "I" more because to Traz it makes him look very arrogant and self-absorbed.

Mizuoni thinks traz needs to stop being a meany before Mizuoni one shots him with triple spark BIDS b:kiss
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mizuoni thinks traz needs to stop being a meany before Mizuoni one shots him with triple spark BIDS b:kiss
    ZoanoAce lol'd at this, TRAZ RUUUUUUN!!b:laughb:shocked
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Baalbak posts from his archer alt and says: what be a soul of relics?b:puzzled
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My dream weapon -- ☆☆Force of Chaos - Earthquake

seems easy enough to make with tt 90 polehammer > tt99 gold polehammer >
    ☆☆Chaos Impact-Nirvana and ~ 250 rapture crystals
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
    edited April 2010

If you want the 90 polehammer Linc (assuming you don't have it already), just say the word.. somehow Fuzzy ended up with one in the bank....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Fuzzy I appreciate the offer, I already have one or I would take you up on that :] I only use it mostly for grinding (like once a month, lol) but it's a nice PVE wep.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010

That's my Dream Weapon tooooooooob:victoryb:dirty
    If you want the 90 polehammer Linc (assuming you don't have it already), just say the word.. somehow Fuzzy ended up with one in the bank....
    Fuzzy.....b:sad....if only you were on my server, I'd LOVE TO HAVE IT....Not fairb:shedtear
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • dangerfield
    dangerfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Can someone tell me the psy att if tt100 is upgraded to grade 15 and changed for dual axes?
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:victory lvl 100 nirvana duel axes with zerk only thing better is warsoulb:bye
  • _TricK - Raging Tide
    _TricK - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2010

This one makes Nirvana with zerk?

I have this axe too now, only +3 but way more then a +10 GX. Pretty good for pve, also PK for a BM I'm up to 21% crit now and I gotta say I have pretty garbage gear.

I just want to know the chances on forge/reforge, or which one to make for my TT100 for a Nirvana with Zerk.

Merci.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:shocked Necro alert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
    edited September 2010
    Can someone tell me the psy att if tt100 is upgraded to grade 15 and changed for dual axes?

If using the Nirvana forge to upgrade the TT100 Ashura to the Wheel of Warfog dual-axe set (Fuzzy assume this the one you mean) it will have base phys attack of 927-2163 once you have reforged.

...Fuzzy can't wait to complete collecting Rapture's to do just that! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gruffalo
    gruffalo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Unicorn Nirvana axes are lush and with zerk are great. I only wish I could get the raptures together to sit there and keep reforging trying to get the SUPER zerk on them b:laugh
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Best endgame weapon: http://yfrog.com/5d20100906161337p
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010

wow...ive never noticed the texture on the 1k streams floor...

best graphic ftw b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2010

That is very nice to, either way I wouldn't mind having either of them. But thats over 200 hp b:surrender
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender