Frighten.Am i missing something here?!

genmix
genmix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
Hello everyone,

Im a newbie barb and i have a little problem with the Frighten skill.My experience in dungeons is very limited but what i have noticed is that with a very very few exceptions every time i use frighten in a dungeon all i get is resist resist resist.....it drives me crazy..

So can some of the most experienced barbs out there plz explain to me how that skill behaves?

ps: im lvl 58 and i have it at lvl 1 so i thought that maybe i should lvl it up a bit. but then i remember it being resisted right of the bat when i first trained it :/

ty for ur time.
Post edited by genmix on

Comments

• HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The reason of the resist are the monsters in instances when they are champions.
    You can't reduce the speed of champions or bosses. That explains the resist.
    But as you know does frighten has another debuff: Reducing their physical attack.
    When you check the debuff icons at the mobs you will notice that frighten does work though.
    IMO the only reason to use frighten is the attack debuff and that works always.

You will need frighten in FCC runs, so better take it.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frighten is a good generalized aggro skill for AOE grinding, as well as a good chi generator. Damage reduction is the main reason for using it, but speed debuff is good too, I suppose.

Level it when you can, IMO, but don't make it a priority over important skills like Flesh Ream, Devour or any of your buffs/passives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You will need frighten in FCC runs, so better take it.

lol. Since when?

I forget I even have it 90% of the time. b:chuckle
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frighten causes a physical attack debuff - which means the mobs hitting you don't hit as hard. Which means in Frost, while their is a pile of mobs pounding on you, they dont do as much damage, but you still gain as much chi from the hits.

Then you can use that chi for sunder, or arma, instead of invoking.

Demon Frighten has a chance for stun as well.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol. Since when?

I forget I even have it 90% of the time. b:chuckle

They do hurt lvl 80 kittys
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i use it cause i liek the color blue.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.