Plz answer

Options
Bmpersonbm - Sanctuary
Bmpersonbm - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
Plz tell me i keep reading bout stun lock cant find anywhere how i do stun lock??
Post edited by Bmpersonbm - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A "stun lock" is when you time a series of skills that stun your opponent. It may or may not be always successful. You can't really appreciate stun locking until about lvl 29 when you get drake bash.

An example of stun locking is:

Roar of the Pride --> draw blood --> Aeolian Blade --> Tiger maw --> Drake bash --> draw blood --> Roar, etc.

This is assuming that all of the stuns connect. All moves (except for Drake bash, which is always 100% stun) have increased chances of stunning when you level them. I chose draw blood and tiger maw because they're very quick attacks that can fill in the gap between each move so you can damage your opponent while they are stunned.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Roar of the Pride --> draw blood --> Aeolian Blade --> Tiger maw --> Drake bash --> draw blood --> Roar, etc.

Is that for lower level stun locking? Because Aeolian would be used when Roar is still stunning...
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Stunlocking is an art -

First thing you need to know is stunning does not stack, if you cast roar on someone who is already stunned, the stun will have no effect.

Which means you have -1 second to stun the opponenet as soon as your previous stun wares off.
    Fan of flames should be used before roar/drakes bash due to it's exteremly fast casting time.

My personal stun lock goes like this:
    Aeolian > 1 normal attack > Roar > highland cleave > drake sweep > drakes bash > drakes ray > any attack > smack > Aeolian > repeat.

Aeolian is only a 50% chance to stun, so don't rely on it too much. But I have killed 9x BMs who had 7khp with a stunlock whilst only taking about 1k dmg myself. If you need guaranteed stun, skip straight to roar/drakes bash
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Using skills inbetween stun skills kills your damage potential, and it just becomes a drag in PK when you just can't get that blow in to finish off a charmed target. Learn to time your stuns and you can truly appreciate how OP BM stuns are.

My stunlock:
    Roar -> fist -> Drake Bash -> fist -> Roar -> fist -> Drake Bash -> fist, etc.

Lvl 11 stuns ftw.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Switching in between fists and axes would be very inconvenient.

Roar - casting time + channeling time = 2.4 seconds
    Id like to see how much damage you can do with fists in 3.6 seconds, also note that drakes bash has .4 seconds channeling.

So in other words,

Switch between weapons whilst doing damage in a time frame of 3.2 seconds

or find a nice pair of Zerk axes and stick with them, hm? and btw who starts with roar when there's drakes bash b:pleased
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Not really. 7.5 seconds of stun is well worth the quick switch, IMO.

Roar + Drake Bash + Occult Ice are the only stuns I rely on. Aeolian Blade is not worth putting in a stunlock anymore. The damage is **** and 50% chance to stun is not worth the gamble.

Occult Ice is useful for moving targets. Roar has a slow cast time and a good mage or BM with jump out of the way, best suited for a follow up in group PvP when you have other targets near or approaching. DB is best suited up as a follow up in 1v1 pvp... nice damage and long stun... good after a charm tick to help finish someone off.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Occult ice is a 30% chance? you would need 40 str points just for the chance to match Aeolians.

Don't try to lop this into a demon BM stunlock, the OP asked about stunlocks in general. Sage drakes does not last 7.5 seconds.
  • Bmpersonbm - Sanctuary
    Bmpersonbm - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thank u all

now what stats should use 4 axe or hamer as dd

6 str 3 vit 1 dex ok?

i want b of use in squads
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Occult ice is a 30% chance? you would need 40 str points just for the chance to match Aeolians.

Don't try to lop this into a demon BM stunlock, the OP asked about stunlocks in general. Sage drakes does not last 7.5 seconds.

There are BMs with Occult Ice genies that don't have 100 or more str?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Ummm what the ****? Occult Ice has a 30% BASE proc rate. Most people who use it put it on a pure STR genie. My genie has 116 points of STR so I have an 88% chance to proc.

Ok, won't make it about demon. DB is 100% 6 second stun if you don't miss. Aeolian Blade is 50% chance for a 3 second stun, IF you don't miss. You do the math, which is better?

With Occult Ice, DB and Roar you don't even need Aeolian Blade to keep someone stunlocked until they either anti-stun or Occult Ice misses.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Roar - casting time + channeling time = 2.4 seconds
    Id like to see how much damage you can do with fists in 3.6 seconds, also note that drakes bash has .4 seconds channeling.

So in other words,

Switch between weapons whilst doing damage in a time frame of 3.2 seconds

or find a nice pair of Zerk axes and stick with them, hm? and btw who starts with roar when there's drakes bash b:pleased

What? How long does it take you to switch weapons? You can even switch in the middle of a Drake Bash which is the only time you need to switch. I don't see what's so "inconvenient" about it. Also I can throw in about 10 punches in 3.2 seconds which is way more damage than multiple AoE skills.

Using fists also allows you to gain endless supply of chi to keep up the stunlock indefinitely. How long does your "stunlock" last with axes? Sure you can relax and let your opponent's HP run its course in duels but in PK environment, it will become a drag and you'll just keep wasting your chi trying to beat his charm.

I start with Roar so my target can't kite and demon version is a guaranteed stun. Roar -> AoE range, Drake Bash -> melee range.

I keep Occult for when I miss DB or when the target is about to die and don't want to let his charm tick by wasting time casting another stun, or just catching a kiting target. And yes Aeolian is unreliable in stunlock chain. I only use it when I have nothing else available or have no chi, which is rare.
  • A/B/C/D/E/FG - Raging Tide
    A/B/C/D/E/FG - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There are BMs with Occult Ice genies that don't have 100 or more str?

i believe a pure strength giene gets the job done...ToP occult ice TE maybe some vit in there if you want but ya most bms should have 100+ strength on there gienes end game