TT100 mats

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
So why is heart of nature still less expensive than twilight scepter when they're so against aps bms from demolishing their instances, that they make it impossible for average people? Maybe time to switch them around? b:question
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Because devs hate the magic classes.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Obviously, that's why mages are the top TW class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    who really tries in TW anymore though O_o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Nice statement too bad it has no substance and isn't true anyway...

...actually it may be, depending what 'top' means.

But then again, snipers are the top class against people who refuse to run and walk instead, for example. The issue is that people don't want to waste all their energy on 1 target, you see, they want to kill more than 1 person before they die -- that naturally means the opponent is crappier doesn't it? (unless it was assisted by someone else from your team)

Focus on a wiz and you'll get him 100% unless he's better geared. /argument
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you're able to get close enough to a mage to focus on him in a TW then:

A) You fail because you're running to the front of of the fight

B) You fail because you're sitting there letting them hit you

C) Your guild fails at gaurding their DDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    You not thinking outside of the box. :P

If they have guards protecting/controlling attackers of their DDs, you have twice as many attackers or as many replacing their DDs. 2 barbs going against 2 wizards and 2 guards is unfair. Now, 4 barbs going against that is a different story and fair. And not like you don't have anti-stun skills to avoid getting stopped from reaching that.

But of course this will not happen. Not saying it will or anything. The advantage of wizards and ranged classes in general still lies in the opponents not being coordinated, not mechanics, but rather player skill.

And yet the price of Twilight Scepter is a GAME MECHANIC???
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    replace those barbs with bm's and let an open slot for base buffer barb...
    there are your guardians

about the price of scepter vs heart... after tt patch i can still solo like half of minister on my veno and need a cleric for next half while illusion lord is impossible now.
    then take a look at pw agent, 150mil for heart and 300mil for scepter in tokens
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You not thinking outside of the box. :P

If they have guards protecting/controlling attackers of their DDs, you have twice as many attackers or as many replacing their DDs. 2 barbs going against 2 wizards and 2 guards is unfair. Now, 4 barbs going against that is a different story and fair. And not like you don't have anti-stun skills to avoid getting stopped from reaching that.

But of course this will not happen. Not saying it will or anything. The advantage of wizards and ranged classes in general still lies in the opponents not being coordinated, not mechanics, but rather player skill.

And yet the price of Twilight Scepter is a GAME MECHANIC???

Just because people get ***** by wizards, does not necessarily mean they're not coordinated, not well-disciplined or possess insufficient reflexes.

Because I lack sufficient TW experience to actually make an anecdote, I'll relate it to a basketball game, because this often happens to me.

While it is easy to make judgements and formulate "sound" tactics from the side, once you step on the court, it's way different. What seemed to have been an easy drive all of a sudden closed off. What seemed like an easy shot is all of a sudden so much farther away.

It's easy formulating plans here and telling everybody they suck and can't press absolute domain in the span of 4 seconds to negate an ultimate, but if you join a real TW, you'll see it's not what it seems. Even in my limited TW experience, I can tell that much.

TW is not 80 1v1 pk matches. It's a group effort, and that's where wizards shine, because they're able to channel off their powerful spells while other people like BMs take the heat for them. You can of course always say "anti-stun, rush to wizard and kill them", but once gagain, real TW isn't so simple.

tl;dr: TW first, then judge. I'm not going to say too much, because likewise, I don't have enough TW experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Nice statement too bad it has no substance and isn't true anyway...

Two other people here basically calling you an idiot, because... you are. My job has already been done.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I can't remember which, but 1 orange mat is cheaper than the other because of best luck tokens. One costs 20 best luck, one costs 40 I think.

Also from a barbs perspective: I fear Psys 1000000x more than a wizzy. One crit me 25k today, beats a nirvana +12 wizzy hit b:cry

Edit: I didn't read everything, in TW a wizzies aoe ... I think I'd get off
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I can't remember which, but 1 orange mat is cheaper than the other because of best luck tokens. One costs 20 best luck, one costs 40 I think.

Also from a barbs perspective: I fear Psys 1000000x more than a wizzy. One crit me 25k today, beats a nirvana +12 wizzy hit b:cry

Edit: I didn't read everything, in TW a wizzies aoe ... I think I'd get off

Scepter 60 bl....Heart 30 .....