Archer endgame

CCS - Harshlands
CCS - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Archer
b:surrender
hey everyone is talking about archer sucks at endgame
is that true? b:sad

i really like to be an archer ....like to shoot from far......but is true that at endgame i will cant defend myself form PRK's?

i need to know ......i have other class char..like BM and assassin lvl 70+ both ..so...tell me is better to lvl up them ...more than my archer?
Post edited by CCS - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it's not that we suck end game, we just need a little more money invested in refines for our characters than other classes to compete with them since light armor sucks and we're super squishy xD
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Unless you enjoy getting 1 shot by fail pvpers in invisible sins, i suggest trying another class.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Unless you enjoy getting 1 shot by fail pvpers in invisible sins, i suggest trying another class.

You can take steps to deal with assassins.

First: Do not go out alone, have a good squad with you.

Second: Failing that, stay on the move and watch for signs that an assassin might be near.

Third: Expel can help survive an assassin attack (but so can alacrity -- telestun is kind of useless when you are immune to stun and moving too fast for melee).

Fourth: when fighting assassins, use skills, not normal attacks. Your channelling time means you can often kill them after they vanish.
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    Second: Failing that, stay on the move and watch for signs that an assassin might be near.

Please elaborate.
  • CCS - Harshlands
    CCS - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    =/
    yeah Sins really are hard for me
    b:shocked they just appear and //.....bang im dead
    by now only have been pked by endgame sins (and others class pkers of all lvls)...thats why i cant defend myself
    b:victory but is fun when no sins are in the way
    you know vs Bm , venos, barbs, wiz, psy
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Once you hit 9x(which happens before you know it these days) and start to get a through understanding of pker classes and their tactics, pking gets easier. With archer's exceptional range, accuracy, crit rate, and flexibility of physical and magic attacks, we become a decently formidable force.

Needing lvl7 apo and farming your heart out is something to expect though >>
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Please elaborate.

Ok, well... first off, if you are near monsters that AoE, try and move into their AoE. AoE cancels assassin invisibility when they get caught in it.

But also, you can watch for signs that they were nearby recently. Coins on the ground or absence of monsters and that sort of thing means someone was there. And if you do not see anyone, its possible that you had an assassin grinding there (or maybe it was someone else that just left, but if you are being cautious you will not assume that that is the case).

But also, check T regularly. Assassins are not always invisible. (This works much much better on PvP servers than PvE servers.) If you see a red named assassin, and then you do not, you should assume that the assassin is stalking you.

But also, many assassins will not attack you the instant they see you. They are going to want to get close to you and check out your gear and your genie. If they know you well, this might change, or if they are aggressively foolish this might change, but they need to anticipate your tactics to defeat you, if you are competent. And all of this takes time. And, meanwhile, if you are moving, they have to work to catch up with you, which may or may not be worthwhile to them (and if they holy path to catch up with you that means their genie will not be so combat ready).

Anyways, you can gain a fair bit of relative safety just by not staying in one spot for very long. This will not guarantee safety, but lowered odds of ambush are still lowered odds.

But also, when an assassin starts learning about you, you should also start learning about that assassin -- the hours and locations he tends to favor, his opening attack, and that sort of thing.

Are these enough hints?

Keep in mind that this was just one tactic from my original list of tactics, and it certainly is not the best approach.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    Ok, well... first off, if you are near monsters that AoE, try and move into their AoE. AoE cancels assassin invisibility when they get caught in it.

But also, you can watch for signs that they were nearby recently. Coins on the ground or absence of monsters and that sort of thing means someone was there. And if you do not see anyone, its possible that you had an assassin grinding there (or maybe it was someone else that just left, but if you are being cautious you will not assume that that is the case).

But also, check T regularly. Assassins are not always invisible. (This works much much better on PvP servers than PvE servers.) If you see a red named assassin, and then you do not, you should assume that the assassin is stalking you.

But also, many assassins will not attack you the instant they see you. They are going to want to get close to you and check out your gear and your genie. If they know you well, this might change, or if they are aggressively foolish this might change, but they need to anticipate your tactics to defeat you, if you are competent. And all of this takes time. And, meanwhile, if you are moving, they have to work to catch up with you, which may or may not be worthwhile to them (and if they holy path to catch up with you that means their genie will not be so combat ready).

Anyways, you can gain a fair bit of relative safety just by not staying in one spot for very long. This will not guarantee safety, but lowered odds of ambush are still lowered odds.

But also, when an assassin starts learning about you, you should also start learning about that assassin -- the hours and locations he tends to favor, his opening attack, and that sort of thing.

Are these enough hints?

Keep in mind that this was just one tactic from my original list of tactics, and it certainly is not the best approach.

I like you. You're not stupid.b:cute
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Archer 79 skills seem to be more useful when ya pking or dueling so get them

elven alacrity-prevent them from stunning or putting you sleep and etc only dowside is the cooldown period 3mins also it cost 1 spark, this skill is base more on timing..also forgot to mention it reduces damage and give you the same speed as holy path but last longer than lvl10holy path

blessing of corridor raise your evasion 1000% for 8 secs-basically you are untouchable....I use this skill dueling my sin friend he got **** b/c he kept missing. cd period also 3mins good side it only cost 300mana and no spark/chi

@fulgida good post : ) i learn something new today
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    id have to say, unless you take the time to invest quite a bit to keep up with the jones', archers are pretty mediocre for their end game stance. if you do want to fully experience what an archer can do, you'll have to be dedicated if its the character you are sure you would like to play. as for BM and assassin, they both can be effectively played, even with the most basic of investment. it really depends on how much you really want to dedicate yourself to your character, and how much time/coin you're willing to put into said character.

i'd suggest getting them to at least 80 before finally deciding on one to carry on past 89.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • A/B/C/D/E/FG - Raging Tide
    A/B/C/D/E/FG - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well heres a good tip on sins....KEEP JUMPING.

if u keep jumping and they tele stun u well ur in the air and there on da ground which gives u a little time to think
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Archer's aren't as terrible endgame as some would lead you to believe. However, I would say we are at a disadvantage in 1 vs 1 PvP. That doesn't mean you can't kill people with gear similar or even better than your own and playing an archer can still be very fun. You should know that most players with high level characters spend a considerable amount of money on this game and if you want to be competitive in PvP be prepared to spend at least a little money (or play for 10 hours a day). Archer's get more and more squishy compared to other classes as they journey toward end game. By level 100 expect to be 1 shot (or in some cases 5 shots that happen in 1 second) by all the other classes. Be prepared to get slaughtered by assassins. There are ways (that have been mentioned already) of dealing with them but most of the time they are still going to pop out of stealth and kill you in only a few quick hits. Of course it's not like you are going to be one shot on every or even most attacks by other classes. Be sure to always have PvP pots and be charmed. All classes get great ways of boosting survivability except archers. We were made to rely on evasion which doesn't work anymore because items in the game that boost accuracy and are very easy to get. We do have a good amount of both physical and magical attacks that we can use to our advantage along with our range. While other classes get ways to increase their survivability, Archers don't get a way to increase their attack. Because our Metal Attacks aren't based on a percentage of our attack, (they are just weapon attack + flat amount of damage) they see their greatest power when they are first maxed out and slowly lose power as archers reach end game. By lvl 100, they do way less comparatively than at lower levels. The good thing is or crit rate never stops going up and if you go demon (which 95% of archers do) then an archer can get 40%+ crit which somewhat makes up for our attack. Archers are very powerful in mass PvP such as territory wars. All in all I think being an archer is very fun. I would say as long as you are having fun playing your archer there is no reason to worry that other people say we suck endgame. It feels great killing people with gear that is similar to your own or significantly better (I don't really get enjoyment out of killing lower lvls but hey, that's just me) and when you die just try to learn from your mistakes.
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Archer 79 skills seem to be more useful when ya pking or dueling so get them

elven alacrity-prevent them from stunning or putting you sleep and etc only dowside is the cooldown period 3mins also it cost 1 spark, this skill is base more on timing..also forgot to mention it reduces damage and give you the same speed as holy path but last longer than lvl10holy path

blessing of corridor raise your evasion 1000% for 8 secs-basically you are untouchable....I use this skill dueling my sin friend he got **** b/c he kept missing. cd period also 3mins good side it only cost 300mana and no spark/chi

@fulgida good post : ) i learn something new today

Elven Alacrity - Doesn't reduce damage

Blessing of Condor - Magic attacks never miss. a character with 2 50% rings = you're gonna die anyway. plus, there are attacks that never miss such as:
    Barb: Mighty Swing, Sage Beastial Onslaught, Demon Stomp of the Beast King, Ancestral Rage.
    Blademasters: Mage Bane, Flash.
    Archers: Demon Lightning Strike, Blood Vow.
    Sins: Rising Dragon Strike

Also, once blessing of the condor is over, it also takes off your wings of protection buff.
    :)

When an archer pops Blessing of the Condor I tend to hit them most of the time anyway.
    I used to use it... until I realized how bad it was. My friend is a all weapon BM, he has two lunar rings and lunar poleblade that adds another 30% accuracy... He never misses even with blessing of the condor... Sure, it's alright to have it.. maybe itll save you once in a while but im only saying this cuz u said we're "untouchable" which is definitely... not true.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    where did he say it reduced damage in that quote O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010

/10 chars
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Blessing of Condor - Magic attacks never miss. a character with 2 50% rings = you're gonna die anyway. plus, there are attacks that never miss such as: ...

Also, once blessing of the condor is over, it also takes off your wings of protection buff.
    :)

When an archer pops Blessing of the Condor I tend to hit them most of the time anyway.

You left out some skills which never miss, but +50% rings mean nothing for blessing of condor. And if blessing of condor does not help then your wings of protection buff means nothing.

Meanwhile, your hit rate with skills that can miss, on someone with blessing of condor active, is in the neighborhood of 30%. Sometimes that is every hit (because of luck) but only sometimes.

Still... I think they should reduce its cooldown.