Best grinding pet? (Unable to use search function)

Options
Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary
Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Venomancer
If you search for 'Best grinding pet' he claims he need to take out the words best and pet because they are to short, so I cannot search for this. So I make a new thread.

What is the best grinding pet for land (I use a sawfly for airgrinding)? I use a magmite now, but it moves soooo slow... I was thinking about a wolf or something, any suggestions? Or should I just stick with my magmite?
Post edited by Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    get a Dark Wanderer for land grinding seeing as they shred mobs wich is niceeee but a glacial walker is by far better then a magmiteb:shutup

but yes i have a dark wanderer and he does take 1-2 more heals teh other but he hits 1.2K at level 30b:laugh
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A DW is never able hit to 1.2K at lvl 30 oO

My Glacial Walker lvl 48 hits about 800-900. Due to the DW having lower damage it can never outdmg him oO. Well considering dmg per hits not seconds =).

DW lvl 35 has 615 dmg at full loyality.
  • XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    was going by dps it gets about 2 hits in by the time GW gets 1 in xD and me sorry me no good at maths >.< b:shutup
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Depends on the mobs you're grinding, and you should ignore the blue text above.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well tweakz I think I stated nth. wrong.
    800-900 dmg indicates dmg difference oO meaning varies between mobs...
    And dmg per HIT should be quite obvious... not dmg per sec oO (in this case I'm not going to say DW is worse than GW... its the otherway)

and LVL 35 DW with 615 dmg is referring to the dmg that's listed in his Petstats.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DW has .8 atk/sec, GW has .6 atk/sec. That's 4 attacks by the wanderer for every 3 the GW gets in (diregarding skills), not 2-1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The magic ham....
    o wait no, the magic hamster be not the best grinding pet.
    x.x'
    Gets hungry, bored, sleepy, etc, and wanders off.
    (>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Depends on the mobs you're fighting. Some mobs are just too much for the dps pets and you'll be healing more than doing your own dpsing - which will kill your xp/hr. Test it out and see if they can handle it, and go from there.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry Dream_Kiss for not actually giving a straight answer.
    But as you may have found out already, the DW is a really nice Pet for grinding, though some might prefer the Scorpion. However, as Brael, Desdi and MANray_ (and many more obviously) have already stated in several threads regarding the matter "whos the better grinding Pet", pick the one you like more (simply said b:laugh)
    However, at the moment I am not using one but thats only due to insufficient Pet-Slots.

@Silest
    Is fighting with a DPS Pet in you level range against some (specific) mobs truly that hard?
    Can you tell us more about that and a little more detailed if possible, because I am quite interested.

Up till now I have only been fighting against mobs around my level +/- 1 or 2. and I need about 5-7 seconds depending on the range to the mob. I hope that my current grinding speed will not drop too hard in a few levels when I actually hit 70+b:laugh.
  • Ryum - Dreamweaver
    Ryum - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    whats the difference between the scorp and this DW?
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • idgaf1
    idgaf1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just because 50% of the population chooses not to search any threads period. b:chuckle

I can tell you from my short experience with a DW vs GW, I find I can't run through a dungeon or kill mobs fast enough with a GW more then I can with a DW, I almost use the DW most of the time on land and in dungeons. I do however kept lvling the GW for future challenges whatever lies ahead for me that isn't already posted in these forums. b:pleased
    Only thing that would make my DW more useful is if i can stop feeding him or find one of those mystical tomes they talk about. lol and he/she is right about DW for dps and GW for tanking.
    My DW isn't lvl 30 yet but i can't wait to see the dps when it gets there.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think as far as it goes, Christmas Tomes are the cheapest.
    At least thats what mentioned in several Threads b:laugh. Experienced Players estimate them to cost about 1m coins.
    Raging Tide price for the Christmas Tomes is 1m. (Well, that's what they wan for it :P)