What should I spend my level up points on?

nakedizabela
nakedizabela Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
So, I'm a level 94 Cleric with the worst gear in the world. I only have my 9x HH weapon all my other gear is 7x-8x (if that because everyone is too busy to help me but I always help them). Anyway...I've got like 2800ish hp unbuffed and I keep wanting to put points to vitality but 1 point gives me 10hp so everyone always says not to add to vit. I caved and have about 20 vitality but I have nothing to spend my points on AT ALL. I have almost 9k mp which is almost the most I've seen a cleric have so I don't wanna have even more magic (its at somewhere around 350 right now) I have 55 strength to wear my gear, and a random 40 dex that I for some rason put in the lower levels but w/e. So I have 20 extra points to do absolutely nothing with. I've seen clerics with over 6k hp and I'm super jealous, I partially don't anna believe that it all comes from shards and high refines.
Anyone got any advice for me?
Post edited by nakedizabela on

Comments

• Rgae - Sanctuary
    Rgae - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry about other clerics to much. If you find yourself dieing to much then try adding something into vit. If not then go for magic. Also, gear help quite a bit so try to work on that once in a while. =)
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    enough str for armor (1 str every other lvl), no dex. the debate is then wether you add to vit and how much. Personally I think that debate is highly dependent on what kind of gear you have. If you have amazing gear go full mag, personally I'm very pro vit. since our heals are strong enough even with high vit builds. And clerics are the the class most needed to not die in an instance.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    imho you should restat your dex into vit if you want hp.
    also, unless you arent arcane you only need 54 str max for gears
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When it comes to stat points, I'd say enough strength to wear your gear and nothing more, craptacular dex (the 5 dex you start with, do not add more), everything else into vit and magic. I have my base vit locked at 40 and I'm happy since I get a lot of hp from my gear... Everything else is in magic. I love having high mag attack and high mp as long as it doesn't compromise my survivability. The higher the better. It helps at the higher lvls to save mp. ^^
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got close to 11K mana, so don't even worry about having too much magic/MP.

Also, you shouldn't be jealous of other clerics because they have higher HP than you. The way I figured, more HP can only help so much when you're a squishy char. So think of them as having to get hit 1 time more than you before dying. Would you rather be able to take one extra hit before dying or hit a teensy bit harder with magic attacks? Doesn't matter. Do what you want.

But personally for me, I kept my char with base 5 vit/dex, minimum str, and everything else pounded into magic. I like to kill things before they get a chance to even touch me; this includes PvP. KILL OR BE KILLED! (My huge mana pool helps tank plume shell attacks.)