Most Epic Gear Fails!

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Just posted in faction chat

epicol.jpg

/facepalm

enjoy!
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol I guess somebody has a lot of spare money on them to +6 some completely worthless armor. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Actually they said they did a test... they wanted to refine a weapon couldn't get it past +0, and then got that with 6 mirages.... go figure.

+105hp. b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    EPIC LEVEL ONE! o_o
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Maybe they can chienkun it over to the weapon now? Rofl
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Actually they said they did a test... they wanted to refine a weapon couldn't get it past +0, and then got that with 6 mirages.... go figure.

+105hp. b:chuckle

I can understand that it was a test and I take back what I said about "having a lot of spare money on refines" since I almost forgot that all the TW pay is mirages. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Literally speechless b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    105 hp.. not bad for lvl 1 gear xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wanted to post that +11 mirage sword from someone on my server but yeah... I don't have it rofl.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've seen better, just not in this game.

Cash shop joke weapon. Attack power of 1-1. People would make them max refine then actually kill people with them in the pvp arena.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2010
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That doesn't surprise me. Low level armor or weapons have better change of refining. Probably he was also using an officer, so it was even easier.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so what...
    i once +4 lvl1 fist for my EP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That doesn't surprise me. Low level armor or weapons have better change of refining. Probably he was also using an officer, so it was even easier.
    Nope, and nope. Low level items have the exact same odds. Also, refining at an officer has the exact same odds. (Tested first by using ~1000 Mirages, and then confirmed by examining the exact odds themselves by using debugging tools. Granted, this was on a non-PWI version of the game, but after tons of refines in PWI I can vouch for the fact that nothing appears to have changed.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Thats from a private server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2776/20100821005603.jpg

i think it was +8 in the end, no more screen ;/
    i like potato
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2776/20100821005603.jpg

i think it was +8 in the end, no more screen ;/

It got to +9 and he was using it for bufffer for fails, but it never failed. Only his TT99 gear failed b:chuckle
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just posted in faction chat

epicol.jpg

/facepalm

enjoy!

So michael... why did you screen shot Yulks armor b:chuckle
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i kind of have all of you beaten.

LA/Arcane hybrid BM...... nothing more to say. btw this isnt my assassin, just a former guild mate's.

2010-010-1.jpg
    2010-011.jpg
    2010-012.jpg
    2010-013.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Tinaaaaaa - Lost City
    Tinaaaaaa - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Nope, and nope. Low level items have the exact same odds. Also, refining at an officer has the exact same odds. (Tested first by using ~1000 Mirages, and then confirmed by examining the exact odds themselves by using debugging tools. Granted, this was on a non-PWI version of the game, but after tons of refines in PWI I can vouch for the fact that nothing appears to have changed.)

Actually higher grade gear has worse chances. b:bye
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    some one in our server added some expensive stones to the HA legendary wrist 95+ cant remember the name right now but it was pretty fail and they were trying to sell in ah for over 20mill lol.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    some one in our server added some expensive stones to the HA legendary wrist 95+ cant remember the name right now but it was pretty fail and they were trying to sell in ah for over 20mill lol.

I've seen either LA or AA 9x mold wrist with VIT and citrine gem and then perfect turq or something here.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    There's a set of lvl 98 Mold fists that are +7 with two Garnet Gems in them... I don't have a screenshot, but someone actually wasted the gems and +7 on them. lol
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    There's a set of lvl 98 Mold fists that are +7 with two Garnet Gems in them... I don't have a screenshot, but someone actually wasted the gems and +7 on them. lol

Hmm... sounds much like that BM on LC that has (or had) average elemental shards on her armor. She also has plenty of PK kills which makes it even funnier.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    One night I refineded a Bodhi Wand to level 5 or maybe 6 by mistake while I was drunk. I think I still have it and an alt is using it. I'll check later ...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sadly I don't have the screenies of the cleric with a 90s self-made glaive & .... Garnet Gems in it...
    I cried...

With refining you can atleast just get lucky... or by accident... but this... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Sadly I don't have the screenies of the cleric with a 90s self-made glaive & .... Garnet Gems in it...
    I cried...

With refining you can atleast just get lucky... or by accident... but this... -.-

Maybe he has pure fox veno alt?

I've seen plenty of fail CSed gears too. Like this one hero who +6'd and 4 socketed his 79 HA plate with 4x perfect cits. While it's not 'fail' in the normal sense, it's still not a good idea.
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hmm... sounds much like that BM on LC that has (or had) average elemental shards on her armor. She also has plenty of PK kills which makes it even funnier.

well the kills don't really mean anything because it dosnt take much to walk into a lowbie area and just start picking them off
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Actually higher grade gear has worse chances. b:bye
    Sorry, I know that's the standard rumour, and I can even understand why it would make sense, but it's not true.

During my experiments with the non-PWI version of the game I refined a Grade 12 magic weapon and a Grade 1 starting wand and kept track of the results. About ~2000 Mirages later and the results were identical.

However, since this was taking forever I then figured out how to enable debugging info, so that I could actually see the chances directly as refining was happening. The chances were exactly the same no matter what item I was refining, where I was refining, what time of day, whether or not I'd just failed/re-logged/closed the window, etc..., etc..., etc... Even using the Territory Officer NPC turned out to have no effect, and I'd thought for sure there must be some truth to that one, but there isn't.

The only things that change the odds are the current refine level and what refining aids you're using.

Now, again, this was on a non-PWI version of the game, but that version did have the same set of false rumours for Duke Blacke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2010

No, you are completely wrong. A while ago I got a level 0 bow "for test" to +4 using only 8 mirages, and when I tried with the grade 9 magic sword (HH80) it didn't have that luck. A guildie got to +7 a rank 4 cleric top (i think thats grade 8) using 7 mirages. On the other hand I always heard people trying to refine nirvana saying that it was hard to do. So from my own expirence and from other's expirence I can say that low level items have better change for refining, but of course this has less benefit.

About the officer not working, you couldn' be more wrong on this. I never got anything to +3 before using an officer. Now I got all my armor to +6 for 1/4 of what it costs doing it with orbs thanks to the officers. Also, if when you use officers you just put an item and click refine until you get the refine you want, then you are doing it wrong.