Game read error

Options
Hestelle - Heavens Tear
Hestelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
after i download pw it goes to the verify/skip screen i click verify and it stops at like 1% so i open my docs and choose install again then i click skip instead and itll start to run the program but then it says GAME READ ERROR!!! how do i fix this ive downloaded this game 6 times each takin 4hrs plz hlp
Post edited by Hestelle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Verifying takes a bit of time.. Just leave your computer on for an hour while it verify's.. Go watch TV or somehing. then come back.
    OmgPwnage
  • Hestelle - Heavens Tear
    Hestelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    well what i did was re downloaded the game using the previous data and it said that data pack 1 wasn't fully installed so i did that and now that i have the launcher up ill click start and an error pops up that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006)" so how do i fix that?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It sounds like your downloads were corrupt.

If you're having problems with corrupt downloads, you might want to try downloading the program from a torrent instead of doing the direct download. Grab uTorrent (or some other BitTorrent client), if you have a router set the port forwarding to match the port your BitTorrent client is using, download the torrent file from the PWI downloads page, then use the BitTorrent client to download the installer. The BitTorrent client verifies the pieces as it download the program, so you shouldn't have any corrupt download problems.

The file you get from the torrent is RARed, so you'll need something like 7-Zip to open it and extract the installer.

After that, you'll just need to update the patches and you should be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)