3-1 GBA Boss Guide

Options
Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Edit 7/5/2012 ~ Formatting/readably hopefully improved, lol.

This guide is made to stop the QQ. No other reason.

This guide is written with people 8x/9x with average refines in mind. You can obviously change this as you like if you find you don't need a second cleric or two tanks or whatever.

~~~

Attacks~

1. Extreme Poison ~ Exactly like the the genie skill. This is an amp and is casted on whomever has aggro at that moment. Purify this ASAP. He says "Ignorant mortals! You're just killing yourselves." when he uses this.

2. AOE sharptooth ~ Sharptooth. Clerics need to puri this off of the tanks ASAP. He says "Only death can enlighten you with the truth of life." when he uses this.

3. AOE seal/debuff ~ This can cancel blue ball. Seal is random like sleep boss in FC, but he usually does get the clerics. Get BM, barb, sin, and the cleric's pdef/mdef/magatk buff back up as soon as possible. He says "Soon, you will be one of us." when he uses this.

4. AOE phys break/damage ~ This can cancel blue ball. Puri off of tanks ASAP. This can be canceled by the barb. If you find yourself not surviving this, use pdef charms to halve the damage. He says "Anyone who dares to challenge the might of the heaven, dies!" when he uses this.

5. Random stun/random aggro ~ This seems to randomly hit one of the DDs, veno/mystic pets included. He says "You are meddling with the fury of the stars." when he uses this.

Party Set-up~

IMPORTANT: It's recommended that you have at least 4.5k HP buffed minimum for doing this boss.

Get one or two competent clerics depending on squad composition. If you have/need two, have one cleric bb and the other spam-heal+purify. Switch if bb gets knocked down.

It is also recommended to bring two tanks if you're in the 8x/9x range. Barb and BM will do.

Last two spots are up to you. I prefer either a veno for chi switch/amp or a sin for bloodpaint/DD.

If you're some overpowered sin, you can pretty much just ignore this section and go to town with whatever.

P.S. Clerics should bring res scrolls. A genie with Absolute Domain and Cloud Eruption (if you're one of the clerics) is also very good here. Phys defense charms should be used as well if your party is having problems surviving the AOE phys break/damage.

So how do I kill this?~

First and foremost...it's recommended that you do not kill time boss over there before you kill GBA. This is so you can hit him and use his buffs. If you did kill him though, lure GBA out of the room into the hallway. This is in case something goes wrong and you need to res.

Now, at the start, one cleric needs to blue ball. Everyone MUST be in blue ball range. If BB is canceled, the other cleric needs to put it up ASAP and the first cleric takes over healing/purifying/buffing. If you are out of bb range, it is no one's fault but your own if you die. If you're a random 8x/9x squad and have two tanks, they should probably play aggro ping-pong. By that, I mean one should aggro then the other aggro and repeat.

After his HP goes down a bit, he'll start randomly using the attacks in the above attack section. He has a fondness for extreme poison though. Cleric not BBing needs to purify immediately or tanks can die very fast. This is also where the ping-pong comes in. For example, if the BM gets this on him, barb can flesh ream the aggro back to give cleric extra time to puri.

Beware of his AOE seal/debuff and his AOE phys break/damage. It cancels blue ball. Also, if BB is not up when he uses his AOE phys break/damage, everyone can very easily die. Keep BB up at all costs. Yes, venos. That means you should be chi switching to the clerics here. Not the tanks.

And if you can do all that, then you should really not have a problem with killing GBA.

~~~

Thanks Section

Thanks goes to:

~The party, obviously. XD

~~~

...I have just shot myself in my non-existent balls, haven't I?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nicely done! Kudos for the guide!
    tyvm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nice guide, I hope PvE servers carebears get this guide right otherwise they will increase the current sea level with their tears.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nice guide, I hope PvE servers carebears get this guide right otherwise they will increase the current sea level with their tears.

Or we just rush him with 1 cleric...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Or we just rush him with 1 cleric...

As I stated in the guide, it's meant for 8x/9x people. You can obviously change this as you wish, but the basic strategy is intended for 8x/9x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The last two times my group tried it (83-92 level, I was on cleric), whenever the boss said "Anyone who dares to challenge the might of the heaven, dies!" he did a phys aoe that wiped our lower level cleric (before the kill count fix it wiped the whole party but at least that has changed). Not a stun. I then proceeded to stack tank with heals and res her quick and get back on track... but as we progressed he hit harder and harder. We didn't make it to half hp before this aoe finally wiped me too at 5k. We do plan to try again with Absolute Domain since this was our only real issue, but I am just pointing out that apparently he was different for us than for you in at least the talking issue.

Also, when he purged, it wasn't combined with seal for us, and didn't cancel BB. Our BB was only canceled once by a random seal, the rest of the time only by the phys aoe. The purging did come regularly though.

So apparently he varies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    To make the killing easier, get 2 fist bm to keep the boss under perma myriad sword stance. This skill will reduce the damage from the boss to half for 15 sec and can be used every 30 sec. NO INTERVAL GEAR IS NEEDED. This way even if bb goes down, the boss will still do half damage and then there's still absolute domain if anything goes wrong.
    A good weapon for the bm is the lv70 mold claws. They have a chance to heal 5% hp and REMOVE ALL DEBUFFS. Oh and they're so cheap anyone could afford them.
    Also if you want to keep doing aggro ping-pong (not needed), myriad sword stance is a very high aggro skill (combined with fist good dps even without interval gears)
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this guide looks pretty good and will probably help a lot of people
    i am lucky that i already have my 90 gear so i don't need to farm this but i did try it out to see what all the fuss was about, and although what my squad did was pretty much what u apparently do on this boss, the aoes and the seals and all that can all be dealt with with a good cleric or 2, the thing that got my squad wiped was not as u say it, random stun, but random hate agro, we were doing fine and at some point the boss just freaked out and started attacking our dds and cleric one after the other till it kill them all, it was wasn't just one hit and move on to the next person it hit someone till it killed them, how do you deal with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    can his attackes be canceled like normal skils?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The last two times my group tried it (83-92 level, I was on cleric), whenever the boss said "Anyone who dares to challenge the might of the heaven, dies!" he did a phys aoe that wiped our lower level cleric (before the kill count fix it wiped the whole party but at least that has changed). Not a stun. I then proceeded to stack tank with heals and res her quick and get back on track... but as we progressed he hit harder and harder. We didn't make it to half hp before this aoe finally wiped me too at 5k. We do plan to try again with Absolute Domain since this was our only real issue, but I am just pointing out that apparently he was different for us than for you in at least the talking issue.

Also, when he purged, it wasn't combined with seal for us, and didn't cancel BB. Our BB was only canceled once by a random seal, the rest of the time only by the phys aoe. The purging did come regularly though.

Thank you for the quote fix. I was wondering if it was the wrong one since he did those two attacks quite close to each other that time and I didn't quite see which one was first.

And the seal didn't seem to hit everyone when we did it, but usually always the clerics. Kind of like sleep boss in FC. >:

I encourage you to try again since they seem to have fixed the random aggro.

@Candydrop ~ If this was before a couple recent patches, then yes, he did random aggro then, but he shouldn't be doing it anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• cloudy2001
    cloudy2001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    We tryied this and was looking like we can do it, but when he was at 25% HP or something like that, he cancelled the BB, unbuffed us, and whiped out all squad in a second. I was the only one left alive cause i've just used Invoke the Spirit. One of the clerics used a scroll to ressurect, but when she tryied to heal me she died again by the next aoe wave.

Anyway, seems to work this way, good tutorial!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    cloudy2001 wrote: »
    We tryied this and was looking like we can do it, but when he was at 25% HP or something like that, he cancelled the BB, unbuffed us, and whiped out all squad in a second. I was the only one left alive cause i've just used Invoke the Spirit. One of the clerics used a scroll to ressurect, but when she tryied to heal me she died again by the next aoe wave.

Anyway, seems to work this way, good tutorial!

Unfortunately, it's a matter of luck about him not using his AOE phys break/damage right after the AOE seal/debuff. He usually won't do that, but that's not to say he never will.

Nice to see people trying this out. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bumpeh for Great Justice and for smexy Harshland Cleric Eo 8D
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's a matter of luck about him not using his AOE phys break/damage right after the AOE seal/debuff. He usually won't do that, but that's not to say he never will...

This is the problem for squads around level 90, because they will take significantly longer to kill him there is more chance that several of his "random" aoes/attacks will happen in quick succession. If there is a half chance for a squad wipe every time at level 100 then at level 90 it's pretty much guaranteed.

No boss should "need" 2 clerics, a barb and 2 BMs to complete at the level of gear it drops, there are 5 classes in the game and this squad configuration leaves only one spot for them.

Thank you for posting a guide though, if it's possible at all I guess that's something. Although PWI could be reminded again that it still needs to be fixed.
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No boss should "need" 2 clerics

Most instances used to be run with 2 clerics before people got used to them. Even now, it's still preferable to bring two clerics for instances like 3-2/3-3 and Lunar.

And you can still bring other classes in...I remember bringing in barbs just to buff for 3-2/3-3 since we usually had archer tanking most everything. Usually didn't bring BMs into old 3-2/3-3 either beyond buffing.

((Above comments based on experiences in MY server where they still don't have Tideborn. You guys here have this phobia of bringing two clerics into certain instances for some reason. Even when it'd make things a hell of a lot easier.))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    - the effort was good.. But It's still pretty imposible to do, and most importantly , THERES NO freaking reazon for this boss or the others for the lvl range specified to beheave like Hittler - So on the back of that.. no thanks! **** 3x TT b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    - the effort was good.. But It's still pretty imposible to do, and most importantly , THERES NO freaking reazon for this boss or the others for the lvl range specified to beheave like Hittler - So on the back of that.. no thanks! **** 3x TT b:bye

It's not impossible. I've done Behe about 8 times now and he's honestly easier than Belial if you know what you're doing. Pdef charms help too, actually...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want 2x EXP to end, no one doing TT
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want 2x EXP to end, no one doing TT

No one does TT without it -_- why think people so poor
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    did my first 3-1 since patch yesterday, a member needed gba's for plate to decomp.
    was on my archer..

first run took the bm on his barb, to look first. the enxt 5 runs he was on his bm with like 5,9 unbuff hp. 2 cleric and veno.

im dissapointed, thought it would be hard, as ppl whined on forum. tanked the runs on my archer with no barb buff just fine, uncharmed. so dont see why a barb lower lvl should have probs. im only 8,2k hp unbuff. only time hp can go below half is when bb dropped. p debuffed and it cast EP and hit before bb up -_-
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    did my first 3-1 since patch yesterday, a member needed gba's for plate to decomp.
    was on my archer..

first run took the bm on his barb, to look first. the enxt 5 runs he was on his bm with like 5,9 unbuff hp. 2 cleric and veno.

im dissapointed, thought it would be hard, as ppl whined on forum. tanked the runs on my archer with no barb buff just fine, uncharmed. so dont see why a barb lower lvl should have probs. im only 8,2k hp unbuff. only time hp can go below half is when bb dropped. p debuffed and it cast EP and hit before bb up -_-

b:victory Congrats!

See people. It isn't that hard. Just need to try it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    can his attackes be canceled like normal skils?

Yes, though my experiences are 2 weeks back, just got internet on my new apartment soo havent been playing lately. For me, he went normal pattern for ~5mins, easy to cancel, then he went on rampage, before my alacricity was from cd, he did aoe STA->aoe p.def curse-> aoe dmg, killed all but me who went in invoke on that STA, kinda reflex.
    It's not impossible. I've done Behe about 8 times now and he's honestly easier than Belial if you know what you're doing. Pdef charms help too, actually...

I haven`t logged in for 2 weeks or so but last time I tried behe, he did that one shot combo to 9x squad, where I was lucky to live. Belial I have done several times and compared to behe, he is a joke. I had my own theory of he going rampage after ~5mins have passed, making it possible for high lvl squads to kill him before he does any of that kewl stuff. And yes, he does use those attacks before going totally crazy, those just are possible to cancel quite easily. With 9x-10x squad he is doable with that quide if he does go in rampage, 8x squad? Nope, clerics just wont live aoe, even with BB on.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Guide has been updated a bit. This should be the final version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    your guide is accurate but not entirely thought id let you know that the phy def debuff is also mag based as well the amp skill comes at 60% hp and btw this boss is soloable expensive as hell but possible i will write a guide for veno's how to do this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was soloing GBA boss on 3-1 about a week ago after the rest of the squad wiped from random aggro AoE. Lasted 5 minutes till my shoddy supply of crab meat ran out. Uncharmed. Had only about 12k HP at the time in true form buffed. My method?

when not having to ream to hold aggro just normal attacks, alacrity to cancel, build two sparks for Invoke -> solid shield a few seconds after cooldown, next two sparks sunder Rinse and repeat while eating crab meats. If charmed its laughably much easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was soloing GBA boss on 3-1 about a week ago after the rest of the squad wiped from random aggro AoE.

You didn't kill enough mobs. You have to kill 16. He will only do that constant random aggro AOE if you did not kill enough mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no eoria even after killing mob since 2 or so week he keep aoeing that why people say 3-1 s now impossible

in fact 3-2 is easyer then 3-1.... even lv 100 party have chance to wipe in 3-1

more infos can be foundin that post http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835522
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no eoria even after killing mob since 2 or so week he keep aoeing that why people say 3-1 s now impossible

in fact 3-2 is easyer then 3-1.... even lv 100 party have chance to wipe in 3-1

If Behe is doing a CONSTANT AOE without talking, you DID NOT kill enough mobs. If he is AOEing while talking, he is normal.

It's not hard. You should not be getting one shot unless your HP is below 5k buffed. 4.5k buffed is okay, but 5k is the safe side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and in order for me to get that 5k HP i havta have my 90 armors (b/c i'm not refining hh80's that much lol), which kinda defeats the purpose of doing HH to farm those armors, and makes it mandatory that i CS or buy from those that do CS in order to do so.

its f'd up they need to put it back the way it was.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    and in order for me to get that 5k HP i havta have my 90 armors (b/c i'm not refining hh80's that much lol), which kinda defeats the purpose of doing HH to farm those armors, and makes it mandatory that i CS or buy from those that do CS in order to do so.

its f'd up they need to put it back the way it was.

This is my build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b56b722bc2b69c89

As you can see, I only have one piece of TT90 currently and that's the pants. It's not hard to have 5k buffed HP by the time you're 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ehhh-you said 90 youre 93 (according to the stat calculator). Isnt HP buff percentage based? You have 15 points unaccounted for when I dropped the lvl to 90 ><

Im not gonna bother putting my build because first off I have a Lunar top so its a bit of an unfair comparison as well as a warsoul helm and some p.def stuff for ornaments. But even with pure mag I can barely hit 5k-I have to have sage HP buff to get 5.1.k-5.2k and I still manage to get one shot by his random AOE. I have yet to go in there with my CV top so I'll have to run another damage test. (Yes, for being Pure mag my p. def is rather low but with BM and my own cleric buffs I only manage about 2.2k ish p. def.) Im not saying he's impossible or boo hooing anything because Ive been in a successful squad-but the tank has 32k in tiger and the secondary cleric had about 9k HP buffed. Sooo yeah XDD
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute