LA BM? Fail or Not? Prove me wrong.

Options
MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
Heya guys/gals... i got a serious question regarding this build. Typically i play an archer which uses, ofc, LA. And i got to thinkin, what if it was possible to build a BM in a similiar fashion. Since i started here i got to know some of the classes, one being the Blademaster. The most common build i see is an axe build. Im not really keen on using axes. For some reason i love adding dex to my melee toons. I love critting and the occasion "miss, miss, miss".

So atm, im rebuilding my BM using what i believe is a good mix of str and dex (all base vit/no mag) I can roughly say that the stats being distributed is 1str/4dex. But i make sure that the minimum req (fist being the heaviest item using) for my str is there. Now i know that the damage isnt going to be high but if i build her correctly...

Now i been reading alot bout dps/-interval. And i come to think hmmm, ima try this and see how it plays out. So atm its working out fine, well at least to me it is cause im able to tank bosses w/o any huge problems.

Over time i managed to accumalate the necessary items for -interval. 1.Bloodmoon Bracers 2.Love: Up and Down. Those add -interval. Currently im lvl76 with 6.1hp (8.1hp buffed) I do have the Wings of Cloudcharger cape with 4xSavant Stones. All my items atm are legendary ranging from Flawless to Immaculate HP shards (some/most are refined from 3-6) Well my cape is refined to +6 and my Warsoul helm is refined to +6 as well with Perfect shards. I do however have to work on getting certain items yet. Id like to use the FC Gold fist with -int followed after, Deicides for when i hit 95.

For my skills, well i dont have alot, well in the beginning i invested in some just to get me by until i was able to punch faster. My real basic skill is using Roar of the Pride, just something to hlp me get the upper hand when i start of my atks on mobs. Cyclone Heel is one i need to work on cause i just realized it temp increase atk speeds. So thats on my list of skills. I do have some genie skills to hlp me as well, Occult Ice, Impact, Tangling Mire, and one more but fails to come to mind atm b:surrender

Now another skill im still debating is HF... yes yes i know the benefits from HF and this is something i really need to debate on. From what i understand the damage is based on ur weapon too, and for the most part, people use Cala Axes -.- 200 str? ffs im not really keen on pumpin to 200 str... it would defeat the purpose of my dex build. What im trying to build is mainly a dps crt build. And for the most part i truly believe its working out for me. Believe or not, i tanked the Quillhog King at lvl65 w/o a cleric aiding me. (at that time i wanted to test my skills at handling something tough).

So what do you guys/gals think? Is this fail or has some usefulness?

Your input is greatly appreciatedb:thanks
Post edited by MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only build a WR should ever use is 3vit. 3 magic,200-220 Dex and all the rest into strength(Talking about EG ofc.) Don't ever use LA on a WR, it's the worst Armor in the game.

If you want more crit get CV rings
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pretty terrible, in that if it reachs a point it doesn't quite suck so badly, it will suck for an entirely different reason.

Damage end game with demon fist mastery would be roughly 73% of a 3-2 build. The extra crit will not make up enough to beat that, even taking accuracy into account. Simply because end game gear has many crit adds, that waters down the benefit of 150 str being moved to dex. For instance, a 20 crit vs even 28 crit would only give dex a boost of 6.7%. Taken together, you'd deal 78.2% of the 3-2 build for no real gain.

Perma-spark changes it, by diluting the effect of strength on over-all damage. Here you'll be doing 94.5% damage with the above crit rates as a 3-2 when in perma-spark. Thing is, if you're tanking, you better have CSed alot to refine rings to make up for the crappy defenses LA gives. Doable, but never be as good as 3-2. And if crit is boosted, whether from DB or better gear adds, it reduces the dex builds damage comparison even more.

End result: weaker survivability, weaker health, weaker damage. Absolutely no point where it doesn't go down to the last donut.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DEX =/= DPS for BM. Might as well go Sin if you wana get one shot by everything while wearing LA.
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Heya guys/gals... i got a serious question regarding this build. Typically i play an archer which uses, ofc, LA. And i got to thinkin, what if it was possible to build a BM in a similiar fashion. Since i started here i got to know some of the classes, one being the Blademaster. The most common build i see is an axe build. Im not really keen on using axes. For some reason i love adding dex to my melee toons. I love critting and the occasion "miss, miss, miss".

So atm, im rebuilding my BM using what i believe is a good mix of str and dex (all base vit/no mag) I can roughly say that the stats being distributed is 1str/4dex. But i make sure that the minimum req (fist being the heaviest item using) for my str is there. Now i know that the damage isnt going to be high but if i build her correctly...

Now i been reading alot bout dps/-interval. And i come to think hmmm, ima try this and see how it plays out. So atm its working out fine, well at least to me it is cause im able to tank bosses w/o any huge problems.

Over time i managed to accumalate the necessary items for -interval. 1.Bloodmoon Bracers 2.Love: Up and Down. Those add -interval. Currently im lvl76 with 6.1hp (8.1hp buffed) I do have the Wings of Cloudcharger cape with 4xSavant Stones. All my items atm are legendary ranging from Flawless to Immaculate HP shards (some/most are refined from 3-6) Well my cape is refined to +6 and my Warsoul helm is refined to +6 as well with Perfect shards. I do however have to work on getting certain items yet. Id like to use the FC Gold fist with -int followed after, Deicides for when i hit 95.

For my skills, well i dont have alot, well in the beginning i invested in some just to get me by until i was able to punch faster. My real basic skill is using Roar of the Pride, just something to hlp me get the upper hand when i start of my atks on mobs. Cyclone Heel is one i need to work on cause i just realized it temp increase atk speeds. So thats on my list of skills. I do have some genie skills to hlp me as well, Occult Ice, Impact, Tangling Mire, and one more but fails to come to mind atm b:surrender

Now another skill im still debating is HF... yes yes i know the benefits from HF and this is something i really need to debate on. From what i understand the damage is based on ur weapon too, and for the most part, people use Cala Axes -.- 200 str? ffs im not really keen on pumpin to 200 str... it would defeat the purpose of my dex build. What im trying to build is mainly a dps crt build. And for the most part i truly believe its working out for me. Believe or not, i tanked the Quillhog King at lvl65 w/o a cleric aiding me. (at that time i wanted to test my skills at handling something tough).

So what do you guys/gals think? Is this fail or has some usefulness?

Your input is greatly appreciatedb:thanks

To be completely honest, a LA BM build is probably as effective as an HA Archer. You take away so much of your damage potential. A 1str/4dex build is just horrible. Even if you +12 the highest fist you could use at that point, you would still have a sad attack score. People go axes/fist because it is the best build, you can use all weapon types, and you have the nice HA defence. A bm that doesn't go HA will most likely get destroyed anywhere in pvp, even with the higher evasion from dex, it still wouldn't be hard at all to destroy that build in pvp.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All BM weapon paths increase damage with strength. If you want to roll a pure dex class, roll a sin. Dagger damage is dex based. End-game sin makes an end-game BM look pretty weak comparing the damage output alone.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LA is essentially **** defense on both physical and magical. You'll be in frontline taking hits while dishing out pea damage because you lack the str to do any real damage.

Even if you utilize ornaments, using protection ones will only increase your physical defense by a margin and using elemental ones will only increase your magical defense. If you use mix, your defense will still be ****, only less slightly **** than before. Demon marrows skills can't save you either because your base defense is weak to begin with. Using elemental ornaments with all HA works because you can cover both aspects, whereas LA you need to choose to cover only one aspect or choose to be a squishy.

Like others have pointed out, what you are looking for is Sin. BM is str/dex mix class, not one of either.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes you need LA to be a proper BM and not get 1 shoted by weak ole mag mobs but in my opinion ONLY 2 LA TT 99 Gold Gives you -int and helps with mag def

If want more mag Def try find a good mag belt/neckless with +Str/Vit/HP/Dex anything you would need as a BM and you will not have worst mag def in the game lol
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It has been discussed so many times now already, geez -.-'

Endgame BM does wear some parts of LA (2 at most i guess) but I would NEVER go full LA. As a melee fighter you will mostly fight other melee fighters. There is no point in having high crit and dps if other players rip through your armor like butter.

But if you like you LA BM, play it and enjoy =).
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes you need LA to be a proper BM and not get 1 shoted by weak ole mag mobs but in my opinion ONLY 2 LA TT 99 Gold Gives you -int and helps with mag def

If want more mag Def try find a good mag belt/neckless with +Str/Vit/HP/Dex anything you would need as a BM and you will not have worst mag def in the game lol

LA is only useful for the interval. It's more effective to refine Mage def orns as the defense increases with more refine, whereas the magic defense from LA armor is a static number given. Not only does LA significantly reduce your Phys def, but it also reduces your HP refine wise. Your overall survivability index decreases when you use LA. You lose more than you gain essentially.

Of course there are other options to get close to the same results defense wise, but the ideal gear set for BMs is to use magic marrow and HA armor with Mage Def Orns to balance their Phys and Mage defense.. The only time I'd ever use LA is to get 4APS base in PvE.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

lol so fail.

If you wear LA, you're only gimping both your mdef and pdef. If you want additional mdef, refine your ornaments and shard for mdef.

Don't gimp your pdef for an insignificant amount of mdef. Especially at endgame. You'll be owned by everyone.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the main loss when useing the 4 aps base setup is about 2k hp 50% acc and 9 def levels to the 3.33 and almost 1.5k base phys attack to the 4.0

at endgame the phys and mag def of 3.33 full HA and 4.0 la wrist+boot is small enough to be nonfactor

the main benifit of 4.0 = nivrana claws can be used at 3.33 base and cheaper to hit 5 aps+ can use far more gear swaps while keeping 5 aps as long as your willing to swap between -.1 and your -.05 fists basicly the offensive setup has to use coa ring to hit truely balanced def

benifits of 3.33 base are higher static def, cheaper in the long run, HA refine wrist boots,can always have a g 13 sharded chest on, not many ways to swap gear w/o loseing 5 aps can use 2 lunar rings due to mag def from belt consistant def option

figure out the actual setups here and you get a cookie^

but yes a pure LA bm will suck horrificly compared to a = gear HA bm just the way it goes
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heavy Armors BMs actually survive better than Light Armors BMs, even if LA BMs r fighting w/ mag attker, they still get 1-2 shots