It's Long, It's Boring, It's World Quest.

SovereignVis - Sanctuary
SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Some people do it, and some people don't. I do world quest everyday. If I didn't do it I would never level. :( I know many people don't do it cause they think it's a waste of time. Well do it or not we all know World Quest is a long and boring quest, but just how long is WQ, but you can post how long it takes you if you want. I'm not asking how long it takes you to do WQ. I'm asking how long is it in distance. b:sin
So tell us do you do WQ?
How long does it normally take you to do WQ?
And how far do you think WQ is from vol.1 to vol.30 in distance, if you get no skips and you don't teleport.
Post edited by SovereignVis - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When there was no bh and any of those leveling aids I did world quest everyday (back than no autopath either, so I would sometimes come back from afk on the corner of the map).

It took about 3 hours to do fully afking the whole thing on a 3 speed fly mount. It was pretty awesome exp for basically doing nothing ingame.

And just guessing without looking at the map the whole quest is probably around 5 full map lengths.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I do WQ everyday yes.. well not cos its fun.. but cos' i got so much free time. might as well just do it xD.

like 50-70 mins..

probly 15-20ishworld maps length total.. i dunno lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I do WQ everyday yes.. well not cos its fun.. but cos' i got so much free time. might as well just do it xD.

like 50-70 mins..

b:chuckle Do you know how long the world map is?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No. Never. Ever...
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I stopped here at 100.
    The exp is really not worth it. I can grind more exp in the same amount of time it takes to finish it.
    Not only that, but I did it only to watch a movie or something.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Only if I have homework to do and I can't help but keep PW openb:shutup.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    It's good for collecting mats. Even though they're kinda worthless now, but it's free wines/subs. Takes only an hour with a 3+ fly and 11ms land mounts.
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I never do it cause its like you said long and boring. I die inside everytime I did it so never ever again.
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • safadinha
    safadinha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Takes me about an hour to an hour and a half if I'm flying everywhere. If I feel like porting on wq 90% of it... 15-20 mins?

I usually use my wq time to catch up on anime and episodes of whatever airs on fox that I missed.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thank gawd not anymore b:shocked

Mostly ported a lot during it, so it went pretty fast but still... meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I did it but i stoped doing it at 100. The exp from it is not great anymore , was nice at level 80's - 90's , but now it's not b:chuckle , i'm not rushing to level anymore anyway xD
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I stopped doing it and crazy stones on my main when I hit 102. I used to do them relgiously... from about 9x+ I would teleport most of them... I actually enjoy riding from 22-29 on my land mount.

On my alt, I teleport from 1-5, rpk along the way as I fly to 11, port 12-18... fly 19-20/21, port to 22... fly or ride the rest... then to south teleporter to port to 1k.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used to do WQ sometimes while watching a movie, but now rarely even then. Only if I really need spirit or have an alt very close to levelling or something (and have a movie to watch). If I had faster flyers it might not be so bad, but my main's is the fastest at +2.5 and it usually takes her at least an hour so it is even more painful for my alts with their +2 or less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When it could often beat the xp gain of crazy stone, and was similar xp to cube, it was great. Once they boosted xp in cube to 1 million for finishing room 50, that WQ xp isn't really worthwhile. Cube and 10 hypers a day would be plenty of xp.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2010

like 50-70 mins..

could spend that much time AOE grinding, you people are way too desperate for exp... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    could spend that much time AOE grinding, you people are way too desperate for exp... b:bye

What if you can't solo aoe grind, and get this, I can do this afk. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What if you can't solo aoe grind, and get this, I can do this afk. b:bye

Oh, amazing, I suppose you can pull mobs while your AFK too? I'm so sorry, I didn't know that cause I'm level 49 with a bunch of 5x chars... *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I believe he is saying that some classes cannot solo aoe grind during the levels when exp is most needed [LIKE WIZARDS MAYBE]. And that wq can be done afk, so you can spend your time doing real life activities while it is going on.................

I don't get why you're making fun of him.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sometimes I do it, not a lot because of the tedious factor. But I guess I'll end up doing it a lot in my higher levels.

Takes me about an hour+ to finish WQ.

Last question, IDK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I do WQ, and never teleport besides the first few volumes where you have to port to starting cities where it's cheap.

I do first few volumes in south of archo normally.

Then the north ones up to Misfortune and going into west to Sumor Camp and then to Sundown, while eating dinner.

Then the path to Dreamweaver / Swamp of Wraiths / Sanctuary while I check forums.

Faction tele to near the last volume, cube from 1k > archo > finish.

takes me ~10 min of being active in game for 300k exp... not bad b:chuckle
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i think im still able to count on fingers how many times i have done wq in past 2 years..only few of them...used to do them when i had homework...now instead of wq i do tt. money seems more important to me than wq
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    WQ used to be one of the only ways to get good exp in your 80s if you were lazy. I did it every day out of habit. Also I looked forward to my very first one, but all my friends who were high 7x at the time told me I'd get sick of it very very quickly. They were right b:surrender
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used to do it but I don't have the time.

I do BH's on my alts and then Market hunt for sales that I can make a profit off of.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used to fly a good chunk of it. Then in the mid 90s and higher I teleported the whole thing to get it over with in 15mins (only takes like 100k). Nowadays if I want XP I solo+hyper FCC for about 11million xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i used to do wq a lot but like said it gets to boring after a while, it always took me like 3-4hrs i was afk for a loooong time xD i still do wq maybe one a month but mostly when i try doing it im getting spammed for rez. or other stuffs so not rly time for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I only ever did it when I reaaaalllyy wanted to get to the next level as fast as I could
    and on my psychic I never do it cos she only has the default wings and..that'd just take foreverrrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If it's so boring, then don't do it.

And next up on schedule, someone asking the devs to change WQ into a "talk to NPC, get 1 level/day" quest.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i rather spend time farming herbs to sell than wq..so i never do wq cause its kinda useless these days.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Dont mind yulk. Hes pretty clueless most of the time.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh, amazing, I suppose you can pull mobs while your AFK too? I'm so sorry, I didn't know that cause I'm level 49 with a bunch of 5x chars... *facepalm*

*facepalm* no, I can do WQ afk, where as aoe grinding is not something I can do afk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]