lunar claw question

Options
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
I want to ask a question to the players who own the decide lunar claws. I know that they have good damage and refine potiential. However i was wondering what all you guys thought of the skill of lowering maxium hp???? Is it just a feature that kinda works. or do u notice its benifits? If you guys could also maybe give me example of how it works against a mob would be nice. I was wondering if you all liked it, even compared to maybe 2 or 3 to crit might be better...give me your thought about that skill pls :)
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's nice for TT since it'll save you some time. PvP it's ok, they'll tick with less HP. But TBH, I'd rather have Revenge on claws, or purge b:cry.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Soul Shatter on claws would be so broken. That would just be amazing.

As for Soul Infect... it's nice on high HP mobs. Reduces maximum HP by 10%. In PvP, it doesn't really matter except for really high HP classes, and it most likely won't proc before you've lowered their hp by that amount anyway.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Soul Shatter on claws would be so broken. That would just be amazing.

As for Soul Infect... it's nice on high HP mobs. Reduces maximum HP by 10%. In PvP, it doesn't really matter except for really high HP classes, and it most likely won't proc before you've lowered their hp by that amount anyway.

1) Give all physical weapons the same unique add-ons
    2) Get praised by BMs for giving them Soul Shatter
    3) Hear some heavy QQ from all non-archers since now they got Berserk on their Nirvana bows.

b:shocked

On topic: most people still want to have venos/archers for TT to reduce the boss HP since they think Soul Infect doesn't always proc fast enough and it's only 10% HP. It's good for duoing/soloing though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Stilleh - Raging Tide
    Stilleh - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

On topic: most people still want to have venos/archers for TT to reduce the boss HP since they think Soul Infect doesn't always proc fast enough and it's only 10% HP. It's good for duoing/soloing though.

Really?! I have Deicides and 2.22 aps / 2.86 sparked and I see the debuff on bosses and mobs all the time. Haven't done any calculations on it, but I'm pretty positive it's up a majority of the time. Of course it's a benefit for the squad to be able to kill the boss quicker as the boss has lower HP when the debuff procs.

One thing though. I've been told that you get a little less XP if the boss dies while having the debuff on him. So if you run FC with hypers it's a good idea to switch weapon when boss has about 200k left so the debuff can tick off and you get max XP... b:victory
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Really?! I have Deicides and 2.22 aps / 2.86 sparked and I see the debuff on bosses and mobs all the time. Haven't done any calculations on it, but I'm pretty positive it's up a majority of the time. Of course it's a benefit for the squad to be able to kill the boss quicker as the boss has lower HP when the debuff procs.

One thing though. I've been told that you get a little less XP if the boss dies while having the debuff on him. So if you run FC with hypers it's a good idea to switch weapon when boss has about 200k left so the debuff can tick off and you get max XP... b:victory

most people --- since they think Mostly non-claw users though. I always thought that is procs 5% of the time, not sure.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well i do not own them yet but iv looked at nirvana TT100 and Lunar

From what iv seen lunar claws pretty much waste but i think they refine well(Desides one)

TT100 OWNS Striking dragon FTW its very very good but requires a ton and for TT90 of one the fist need GBA so might take awhile to get these

Desides are good if can't get TT100s i would get this for sure but imma check how much cost get TT100 if not much dif im getting TT100 and its my end game fist then on to nirvana axes(not looked at them at all)

This is all just my opinion
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1) Give all physical weapons the same unique add-ons
    2) Get praised by BMs for giving them Soul Shatter
    3) Hear some heavy QQ from all non-archers since now they got Berserk on their Nirvana bows.

b:shocked

I want pushback on my fists b:laugh.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want pushback on my fists b:laugh.

I want the stun proc. b:sin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want the stun proc. b:sin

Sorry, not nearly as annoying as pushback >_>. Pretty sure I will kill myself within the first 5 minutes of using those on mobs.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Desides are good if can't get TT100s i would get this for sure but imma check how much cost get TT100 if not much dif im getting TT100

TT100 costs 2.5x more than Deicides.

If you own a highly refined pair of Deicides it's probably better to just cast Nirvana or refine them even more.
    Mine were only +5 because I knew I wanted TT100. Damage output is pretty sickening as it allows me to compensate for having only 4 aps, and mine are only at +6. Debating whether to +10 them first or get a -interval tome first. b:surrender
    Sorry, not nearly as annoying as pushback >_>. Pretty sure I will kill myself within the first 5 minutes of using those on mobs.

What other use is there for pushback other than on mobs? :o
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My plan is to recast my claws so I spent 75 mil on a pair of 2 socketed lunar claws. TT100 is better than the first recast but the recasted lunar just looks so awesome b:shocked. I'll probably keep first recast at around +5 and then work towards G15 >_>.

What other use is there for pushback other than on mobs? :o

It was a joke because pushback on fists will drive you insane while questing b:chuckle.
    edited September 2010
    Options

One of my friends has gold OHT fsts with stun... too bad they don't have any interval on them.

And yeah, you should just ask for Nirvana fists with God of Frenzy on them. 5% health gone each time it procs, with 2x the chance to proc. I'd like to see someone tank a boss in HH with that. lol
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think TT100 fists are cheaper in the long run if you're making them your end game weapon. It guarantees 2 sockets and you won't need to refine transfer anything.

Deicides are cheaper initially, but if you're going to make the Nirvana version your end game weapon then it's going to be a hell of a lot more expensive for the 100 raptures. Refine transfer isn't too bad, but 2 socketting is a ridiculous fee to pay to stay on par with TT100.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Refine transfer isn't too bad, but 2 socketting is a ridiculous fee to pay to stay on par with TT100.

The 2 sockets aren't too expensive to transfer over tho. TT100 is the "right" way to go but meh. Lunar claws recasted look too amazing http://i48.tinypic.com/1iegsk.jpg b:dirty
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Realistically G15 Nirvana fists/claws are endgame. That's pretty much been proven on LC.

For G13, considering both Striking Dragon and Deicides, the Striking Dragon will still out DPS the Lunar... however at +11 or +12 I'm pretty sure the Lunar would be better. I haven't checked pwcalc on that and it's been a while since I looked though...

But G15 Nirvana with one -0.5 interval and compromising your defenses somewhat to get the Ashura bonus to compensate, you do far greater damage.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options

But G15 Nirvana with one -0.5 interval and compromising your defenses somewhat to get the Ashura bonus to compensate, you do far greater damage.

Ah well, I'm already using Ashura boots and bracers since I'm sharing them with Sin b:chuckle.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Realistically G15 Nirvana fists/claws are endgame. That's pretty much been proven on LC.

For G13, considering both Striking Dragon and Deicides, the Striking Dragon will still out DPS the Lunar... however at +11 or +12 I'm pretty sure the Lunar would be better. I haven't checked pwcalc on that and it's been a while since I looked though...

This is true. I would only consider getting G15 nirvana fists for PvE though. I'd get wrecked in PvP if I was using LA orns. b:surrender
    The 2 sockets aren't too expensive to transfer over tho. TT100 is the "right" way to go but meh. Lunar claws recasted look too amazing http://i48.tinypic.com/1iegsk.jpg b:dirty

Yeah refine and socket transfer are cheap. It's just the 8K socket stones for G13 2 socket is the pain.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is true. I would only consider getting G15 nirvana fists for PvE though. I'd get wrecked in PvP if I was using LA orns. b:surrender

For PvP, you would have to get rid of your event boots and go LA and refine one mdef ornament really high.

Then again if you can afford +12 Nirvana claws, you're probably going to be pushing 15k hp anyway. A little less mdef won't hurt you much at all.
  • Nytia - Dreamweaver
    Nytia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Those claws are SEXY o.o b:dirty
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Those claws are SEXY o.o b:dirty

IKR! b:dirty
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have a bm of my own and i've never experienced so much fun in playing melee class.
    my entire life gameplay i was wizard/sorcerer/mage. first time i am trying melee class and i must say i love bm. bm is on lvl 86 now and doing great. didnt go to ff with it cuz i am still learning how to play it. i always find out something new in the playing process. leveling with BH, dailies in general is fast already.
    i have bought deicides with 2 sockets 2 garnets inside with +5 refinement for 130mil. i practically got 2nd slot for free. so my question is...whether or not to go nirvana with them or try sell at 100 and go tt100.
    cuz where i am...i can get them to +10 when i get to 95. + nirvana look of deicides is just...sick.

p.s. i must give shoutout to michael from lost city. i've been reading bm's threads for some time and i am pretty sure you're one hell of a bm. :)
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have a bm of my own and i've never experienced so much fun in playing melee class.
    my entire life gameplay i was wizard/sorcerer/mage. first time i am trying melee class and i must say i love bm. bm is on lvl 86 now and doing great. didnt go to ff with it cuz i am still learning how to play it. i always find out something new in the playing process. leveling with BH, dailies in general is fast already.
    i have bought deicides with 2 sockets 2 garnets inside with +5 refinement for 130mil. i practically got 2nd slot for free. so my question is...whether or not to go nirvana with them or try sell at 100 and go tt100.
    cuz where i am...i can get them to +10 when i get to 95. + nirvana look of deicides is just...sick.

p.s. i must give shoutout to michael from lost city. i've been reading bm's threads for some time and i am pretty sure you're one hell of a bm. :)

+10 the lunars tt 100 and 1st reast nirvana are not worth it

once claws are +12 and you have 4 base aps its worth going for 2nd recast nirvana and not till then
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Refining lunar claws is always worth. At lv100 you can always sell them for almost same price you payed buying and refining them.
    TT100 are just better then lunar. If you want to go nirvana, just make the tt99 fists, add second socket and then use it for nirvana. It's a lot cheaper than using lunar.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

+10 cv is pretty nice, I ended up getting them to +11, however I've given up any thoughts of going G15 Nirvana... TW is dead, my claws do decent damage, and there's no real need to keep upgrading from where I am due to the way PWI currently is. Maybe if they actually release +12 orbs I might have some incentive, but eh. I stopped farming at G13 fists. I don't really feel like spending much more time farming Nirvana.

TT100 isn't end-game if you're actually shooting for the new definition, G15 Nirvana is. TT100 isn't really significantly worse than it, but CV can be refined and isn't bound... so you can later sell it.

At +11 or +12 the difference between Lunar and TT100 is insignificant really. TT100 better for pvp, lunar is better for pve. Your call. Either are effective at both.

Anyway, fist/claw is pretty insignificant... they don't even compare to 5aps Daggers.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea i compared the dmg at pw calc...tt100 is better, but not THAT much...
    since i like PvE i think ill refine my lunar claws it to +10 maybe +11 who knows.
    thank you guys
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    however I've given up any thoughts of going G15 Nirvana... TW is dead, my claws do decent damage, and there's no real need to keep upgrading from where I am due to the way PWI currently is.

You are not really giving me motivations here. b:cry
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea i compared the dmg at pw calc...tt100 is better, but not THAT much...
    since i like PvE i think ill refine my lunar claws it to +10 maybe +11 who knows.
    thank you guys

TT100 is better than Lunar at +10, but at +11 and higher, there's not much of a difference. Converting TT100 to Nirvana is a waste, so if you're not going to get Nirvana TT100 is fine for end game. I don't consider CV to be end-game... however I do consider it to be good enough.
    You are not really giving me motivations here. b:cry

Thank PWI...

I got my 99 gold fists, 2 socketed them, then transfered it to G13... was gonna go G15 and then refine/shard... but what for? Unless I get really lucky with adds, I'll have to gimp my defense (unless I'm willing to drop a ton of cash)... as I am now, I'm 3.33 with decent defenses, below average refines (everything but rings +5)... and the build works well. Restat to full str as TW isn't a factor anymore... just... what's the point. My gear by any standard will always be 'acceptable'... so just playing the game for friends is fine.

And even though I'm just 'average' in terms of bm, I decided I wasn't going to be the next Zerhee/Nykage and I didn't need to break the 15k hp unbuffed mark. 8.1k unbuffed is fine for anything I need to do. Tanked nearly a dozen world bosses earlier, no problems.

So I don't really see what I'd need to upgrade for. Kinda sad, because I *did* want to upgrade, I just no longer see the purpose other than e-peen rights, which frankly, I don't care about.