Weapon Progression Guide

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but... ehem... does it hurt to pay 1 mil for the swiftwind? I mean im not in such a high lvl faction and I dont know when will my friends help me farm TT.

I dont see any Swiftwind for less than 1mil in AH though. (Once saw one for 500k buy it now. I was such a fool for not buying it god damn)

Well, I believe that I paid 250k for mine.

And yes, paying 1 million for Swiftwind is a huge waste, you'll only use it for 10 levels and then decompose it.
    the Penetrator reffed to +4....... Did this because of how long I used it
    Solarslayer reffed to +4.... same here I used it for so long
    TT70 Thundercrack reffed to +4....... Better resale value if reffed and hit harder
    TT80 Chained Jail reffed to +5...... and again resale and harder hit and use for so long
    TT90 Blinding Radiance currently reffed to +5

Penetrator and Solarslayer are extremely expensive. Also, everytime you refine an item for "resale value", you're doing something wrong. For one, you will never be able to sell the item for the exact price that you paid for it, not to mention that you will still need one of the earlier TTs to create the next, unless you buy them. Also, you're talking about 3x +4 and 2x +5, that's a total of 320 1-star Dragon Orbs. If you count 40,000 coins each, that's 12,800,000 that you've spent on the refines alone. If we only count the first 3, it's 120 orbs at 4,800,000. That's a huge load of money on those levels. Not to mention the amounts of coin that you must've paid for them in the first place.

Honestly, I did very well 42-60 with a +2 Sinister Shooter, which cost me a grand total of 751k. 60-70 I did well with a non-refined Swiftwind Crossbow, which I paid 250k for. From there, I've been using a +3 Wind and the Clouds, which counts for a total of about 1.45 millions. All of that added together isn't even half of what you paid in those levels.

Also, crossbows are slow and have a huge damage range, which makes them better for skill usage, but in PvE you mostly use normal attacks, so you get a higher DPS from using slingshots, especially the likes of Wind and the Clouds.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Those 250k for the Swiftiwind sound a bit too enthusiastic.

In Harshlands each Broken Drum sell for 180-250k no less lol so Ive never seen one for less, so I assume it's fair 1mil for the Swiftwind refined and with 2 sockets.

I will keep checking prices as me and my wifes archer reach lvl 60. like I said, we wont be able to farm TT 1-1 for a while lol and we wont fight back well with the General Crapper Bow. Subs sell for 50-65k although those are easy to get now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmmmmm lets see......... Xbow all the way. I did use The Penetrator for the mods of the 1% crit... thats it if at all possible use Xbows they are good for both PVE & PVP hit harder and shoot faster. List of Xbows as for what I used..... Forgive me if I left out any, been so long cant remember.

TT90 Blinding Radiance currently reffed to +5....... Will use this till 100 and currently debating on Bow or Xbow TT99 Gold. Will most likely go with Xbow for harder hits and crit mod and I think it has Vit mod too. Most archers go with Lunar Bow but there u hit slower and lower than with TT99 Gold Xbow. Also u would have to use -to interval gears. MMMMM Gears theres something else to get into but Ill leave that for another day.

Please correct me and add any other comments or flame me if wish.b:victory

xbows do not shoot fast.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    xbows do not shoot fast.

And you cannot hit lower either, as crossbows have the largest damage range, e.g. the smallest minimum and the highest maximum.
    In Harshlands each Broken Drum sell for 180-250k no less lol so Ive never seen one for less, so I assume it's fair 1mil for the Swiftwind refined and with 2 sockets.

I will keep checking prices as me and my wifes archer reach lvl 60. like I said, we wont be able to farm TT 1-1 for a while lol and we wont fight back well with the General Crapper Bow. Subs sell for 50-65k although those are easy to get now.

Well, I sure as hell did buy the bow for 250k. And paying 1 million at that point is a waste of time as anything extra that the bow has, such as refines, 2 sockets, good gems, will be useless after just 10 levels, even more so if you decompose it.

And for the record, I have yet to do a single TT run in my life, and yet I've done pretty well so far.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This reminds me of something.

NO ARCHER SHOULD EVER USE THE UNICORN (hh70 bow) EVER

Go ahead tell me why it would be a good thing to use. I see so many archers with it and yet it sucks.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    This reminds me of something.

NO ARCHER SHOULD EVER USE THE UNICORN (hh70 bow) EVER

Go ahead tell me why it would be a good thing to use. I see so many archers with it and yet it sucks.

Well... It looks archer-ish. And it's totally cooler than some pansy slingshot!

/sarcasm

edited September 2009
    I have seen ppl with Unicorns +3 +4 and once +5 im like WTF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I laugh at archers with refined unicorns.

I made a unicorn once, you know what I did with it?

I let it sit in my bank until soon when it is needed to be decomposed so I can craft my soulsmasher.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I've seen +5 Unicorns with Flawless Garnets in them before. Such a waste of dragon orbs.

I've also made a Unicorn, for the same reason as DarkSniper. Except I don't waste my bank space on it, I parked it in my mailbox.

Got a question regarding Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher though. I've got a +6 W&C that I bought already sharded and refined. I already picked up the two Golden Spirits from the AH, and the Iron Bars shouldn't be too hard to buy or farm by the time I get to 80. How does it compare to the 88 crossbow or the TT90s though?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I've seen +5 Unicorns with Flawless Garnets in them before. Such a waste of dragon orbs.

I've also made a Unicorn, for the same reason as DarkSniper. Except I don't waste my bank space on it, I parked it in my mailbox.

Got a question regarding Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher though. I've got a +6 W&C that I bought already sharded and refined. I already picked up the two Golden Spirits from the AH, and the Iron Bars shouldn't be too hard to buy or farm by the time I get to 80. How does it compare to the 88 crossbow or the TT90s though?

Haven't looked at 88 xbow but I did a comparison with CHS and DB.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4436842&postcount=13
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i like the returning squal for HH80 gold..crossbow
    edited October 2009
    I have a question >.<

uhm. I PvP every once in a while or hunt reds. Im pretty sure the W&C is not enough for that right?

So Ive found a TT70 Thundercrack for 1.5 mil (and refined). Is it ok if I buy it?

Please dont tell me you bought yours for 100k or something like that. I regularly sell Swiftwind TT60 for 1mil. And that is the reg price in Harshlands. Ergo, the TT70 should cost a bit more. So its a fair price
    But...
    dO i NEED it? or I should stick to my W&C (already crafted, sharded and +2) ?

Thx for any replies

OR HOW ABOUT A UNICORN +12 :D with 2 sockets added and 2 shabby garnets ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anything wrong with Hurricane Spray TT70?
    The -interval (0.05) makes it as fast as the unicorn bow.
    Ive seen lots of poeple talk about the thundercrack but hurricane spray looks good.
    Thunder crack has +10dex, hurricane spray has -0.05 interval and with a crossbow shooting as fast as a normal bow i think that would get more DPS than the thundercracks +10dex and +130max phys damage.
    (I was thinking Wind and the clouds for PVE and Hurricane spray for PVP though, and a unicorn for random stuff..ie the souledge for the soulsmasher.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anything wrong with Hurricane Spray TT70?
    The -interval (0.05) makes it as fast as the unicorn bow.
    Ive seen lots of poeple talk about the thundercrack but hurricane spray looks good.
    Thunder crack has +10dex, hurricane spray has -0.05 interval and with a crossbow shooting as fast as a normal bow i think that would get more DPS than the thundercracks +10dex and +130max phys damage.
    (I was thinking Wind and the clouds for PVE and Hurricane spray for PVP though, and a unicorn for random stuff..ie the souledge for the soulsmasher.)

1) No, Hurricane Spray is not as fast as a Unicorn / Normal bow. The Archer Attack Speed Basics guide (which I know you've read) shows a speed comparison.

2) You can see a Weapon Comparison here. While Hurricane Spray is not on there, you can click any of the builds (such as Unicorn or Thudercrack) and put a +5 Hurricane Spray w/ 2 Flawless Garnet shards in the build. Compare the Average Damage-per-Hit as well as the Average Damage-per-Second.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1) No, Hurricane Spray is not as fast as a Unicorn / Normal bow. The Archer Attack Speed Basics guide (which I know you've read) shows a speed comparison.

2) You can see a Weapon Comparison here. While Hurricane Spray is not on there, you can click any of the builds (such as Unicorn or Thudercrack) and put a +5 Hurricane Spray w/ 2 Flawless Garnet shards in the build. Compare the Average Damage-per-Hit as well as the Average Damage-per-Second.

Thanks for clearing that up. (I read that 4 months ago and dont exactly remember it =S)
    And yeah, Thundercrack has a slightly higher DPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anything wrong with Hurricane Spray TT70? ....
    (I was thinking Wind and the clouds for PVE and Hurricane spray for PVP though, ....)

If you are looking at having both, then you don't really want them to be strong on the same point (DPS in this case). You want one to excell at DPS and one to excell at expected damage per hit. You can put both weapons on hot keys and switch relatively instantly (not as fast as the BMs can because you also have to do this with ammo types, but fast enough). Wind and Clouds is already great for sustained regular attacks. What you need is a weapon to switch to for situations where you are using lots of skill attacks (which means high damage per hit since your weapon will not change skill timing intervals).

Hurricane Spray is not really a good complement to Wind and Clouds.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Squeakz - Heavens Tear
    Squeakz - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im approaching level 80 and i wanted to know. how GODLY is the tt80bows effect?
    would it out damage tt90 dragon bow?

trying to see if the tt80 gold would be able to last me till 95+ or so...
    so far...

tt80gold has higher top end damage, faster shots + gloom
    tt90green has higher low end damage, 2% crit

just weighting my options here...
    edited October 2009
    Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher can last you to 95, if you are not serious. If you are serious, aim for Blinding Radiance, Striker: Glare, Frostlands or Lunar (in order of least to best).

Reference: Weapon Comparison for 70+

Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher triggers 5% of the time, lasts 10 seconds, and adds 100% of weapon damage to attack.

Reference: Archer Case Study
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Any opinions on the TT90 gold crossbow, Heaven Shatter: Chained Jail? I'm farming Belial atm for the 2 Ancient Devil Souls, I really like the Darken/Seal effect and the range bonus is always nice. I haven't seen any1 on HT with this bow yet ^^
    edited October 2009
    So, will my Thundercrack be enough PvP wise through my 70s ??? All I see here is PvE wise

I already have a W&C +3 for grinding effectively. The Thundercrack I'll keep for regular PvP, is it worth refining? I think I can go as far as +3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you said the swiftwind crossbow is inexspensive and easy to get. i have to disagree. it is only easy to get the materals from HH and then you craft it if you havethe blacksmith skill but for those of us who dont have any blacksmith skill...i just spent 1mil for it!!
    edited October 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    you said the swiftwind crossbow is inexspensive and easy to get. i have to disagree. it is only easy to get the materals from HH and then you craft it if you havethe blacksmith skill but for those of us who dont have any blacksmith skill...i just spent 1mil for it!!

You can usually find someone in your faction or Friend's list who has the Blacksmith skill.

Otherwise, find a high level world-chat celebrity who is not an idiot. Usually they know someone dependable.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »

I bought my Swiftwind Crossbow for 250,000 quite a while ago.

• System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited January 2010
    @_@ does anyone think Returning Squall is worth getting?
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    @_@ does anyone think Returning Squall is worth getting?
    Costs more than a Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher (same mats, more expensive souledge), and does less damage. No thanks.
  • vassilnaiol
    vassilnaiol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    where does one get the sinster shooter?? can it be refined or upgraded??
  • vassilnaiol
    vassilnaiol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    does anyone know where i get the sinister shooter from? im almost level 42 and if its a quest id like to get started on it.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    does anyone know where i get the sinister shooter from? im almost level 42 and if its a quest id like to get started on it.

You can buy it from the AH, or buy the mold. Other than that, the mold drops from Calcid of the Flame.

And you cannot get it from any quest.

• saphirerain
    saphirerain Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In looking at bow's through the database and the forges in arch, There in a bow called Moonlit Bow it's level 22 legendary bow but not a single person i know has seen it or its mold. where do you get it because i would like to have it. Is it tradeable, refinable, etc. My assassin had a quest at that lvl for a legendary lvl 22 weapon called weapon ticket 1. Does the Moonlit bow come from the same quest (weapon ticket 1) and was added with the tideborn expansion?
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No, you don't get that from any form of quest similar to tideborns' weapon ticket.
    However that bow can be obtained under very lucky circumstances : if you get the mold for it in your FB19 as a drop from Poinsontail Occultist. Maybe you will even find it for sale, but since is rare, it will be very expensive and totally won't worth using it just for a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]