Drummer in 1-3

Sanctam - Dreamweaver
Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed an increase in difficulty for TT1-3's drummer? He easily wiped out my party of four 90+. The 91 cleric was spamming IH the whole time, while the 91 barb tanked. When this failed miserably, (after hitting my poor archer for 7.4k), we tried tanking it with the 97 veno's herc. He even wiped out that after only a few hits. This is definitely not right for the difficulty of 1-3, which is meant for upper 7x or low 8x. Anybody know what's up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sanctam - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i have seen another thread about this somewhere so ya o.o

Edit: here
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Ahh, I figured that was just lower levels talking about the difficulty. But I still don't think that this difficulty matches for level 90's. Know what I mean? It means different things coming from them and coming from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well yea btu it was hard for both so it was definetly nerfed xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    we tried tanking it with the 97 veno's herc. He even wiped out that after only a few hits.

I was under the impression that 1-3 Drummer was one of the few TT bosses that a venomancer's Herc cannot tank, even at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I was under the impression that 1-3 Drummer was one of the few TT bosses that a venomancer's Herc cannot tank, even at higher levels.

Ah, I didn't know that actually. I heard that it was tankable, with a cleric for bb for the aoe. But then again, I assume you know more than me. Either way it was weird wiping so easily with this squad. We were all kind of confused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    have no problem at 100 but yes that magic can hit up to 3.5k
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Did you check the gear of the barb and cleric? If the cleric had pretty bad def/hp it's still possible he could die to the aoe. I've seen it happen before with people before they get their TT90 gear and have below average equips. Drum can also crit rather unluckily-this might be one of those times. If it was nerfed I'd expect to hear more people posting, so you might have just had an unlucky squad.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Did you check the gear of the barb and cleric? If the cleric had pretty bad def/hp it's still possible he could die to the aoe. I've seen it happen before with people before they get their TT90 gear and have below average equips. Drum can also crit rather unluckily-this might be one of those times. If it was nerfed I'd expect to hear more people posting, so you might have just had an unlucky squad.

It's possible I suppose, they hadn't gotten their tt90 gear yet. I guess we just weren't prepared for the difficulty we encountered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Most important about drum and soulbanisher to btw in TT1-3 is to cancel his darn magic atack at the first 50% of his hp thats when he replaces magic atack with aoe atleast if hes tanked from melee range
    The reason to cancel it is the following on my old barb back on HT I tanked him quite alot at high 7x and those magic atacks could spike up to 9k on him, if I failed to cancel
    Note:There were stil bless boxes back then meaning i got 10% less damage due to 10 def levels
    And my barb wore up to date equips
    With 1 pro cleric even then it was close if there was no BB the whole fight

Now take a **** geared barb, that doesn't cancel
    And a cleric with a crappy m.atack and a 9x squad could easily fail
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Drum has always been a hard hitter. It's primarily due to the fact that he does a "double" attack. He'll attack with his aoe then immediately follow up with his melee.

I haven't tanked him in a while, but in my lower 90s he used to make me sweat a little when he did that.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I was doing 1-3 several days ago with some friends (Trying to get mats for my sins future gear)
    Had a 9x barb with about 17k HP in tiger, easily getting taken down without spamming pots/food/ToP.
    At first I thought it had something to do with my gear or his, but after looking, nothing seemed wrong.
    Normally the squads I go with can easily take this boss down, but somehow, we continued to fail.
    It does seem as though this boss has been changed, though I wont complain now.
    Got my mats I needed. b:chuckle
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've never noticed any boost in difficulty. Drummer boy has always been pretty beastly in 1-3. Stronger than 2-1 Wurlord as a matter of fact. =O
    Physical Attack
    3229 - 9685

Magic Attack
    4842 - 14527
    Physical Attack
    3098 - 9293

Magic Attack
    4646 - 13939

Despite that...neither are all that difficult if the tank {or someone else in party, in the case of, say, a Herc tank) is proficient at canceling. Which really isn't difficult, since both of them follow rigid patterns and take a few seconds to channel. Not to mention the swirly aura of death that shows up during the channeling phase is a good warning sign too, assuming you can stop staring at his crotch long enough to notice... b:embarrass

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    assuming you can stop staring at his crotch long enough to notice... b:embarrass

LMAO!

Is that a cannon in his pants, or is he happy to see you? b:shocked
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LMAO!

No, no...thats where he wants you to...'beat the drum' b:spit
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LMAO!

I won't debate if it is, and I won't debate if it isn't...

All I know is when I see him turn around and start'a chargin' his lazar...I'm running like a little @#$%. b:shocked
    No, no...thats where he wants you to...'beat the drum' b:spit

*Insert perverse readings of Little Drummer Boy lyrics here*
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    Has anyone else noticed an increase in difficulty for TT1-3's drummer? He easily wiped out my party of four 90+. The 91 cleric was spamming IH the whole time, while the 91 barb tanked. When this failed miserably, (after hitting my poor archer for 7.4k), we tried tanking it with the 97 veno's herc. He even wiped out that after only a few hits. This is definitely not right for the difficulty of 1-3, which is meant for upper 7x or low 8x. Anybody know what's up?
    btw a 97 veno cant really tank all the time. even at 100 my herc died sometimes from that double max attack but plenty of times i was lucky to not get that
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Zzzz... The easy solution to this is to bring two clerics. It's not a sin to bring two of them and it doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer. It's better that it take longer and go smoothly than to die repeatedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010

If you remember WhatHizzle, you would know he would tank drummer with a rock. I think he was lvl 87 at the time.

Something is wrong with IH updating hp though. That or im extra lagged lately.
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    Zzzz... The easy solution to this is to bring two clerics. It's not a sin to bring two of them and it doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer. It's better that it take longer and go smoothly than to die repeatedly.
    i do it without clerics at all, why do you need 2 of them? id better invite a sin that know how to use rib strike, its quite useful at bosses
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you remember WhatHizzle, you would know he would tank drummer with a rock. I think he was lvl 87 at the time.

Something is wrong with IH updating hp though. That or im extra lagged lately.
    My friend has been having strange IH updating too >_>..
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I did 1-3 with 8x cleric and barb few days ago and it went just fine. About 2 weeks ago i did it without a cleric(i was the healer), with a 94 barb with good gear and also went fine. So unless anything changed in the last few days, you were just unlucky :(