Do u let ppl die xD?

Alyyy - Sanctuary
Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
Do you let ppl die by "accident" in instances if they dun listen to u or just annoy u <.<

>_> i do

im interested how many dont do thsi lol...im preety sure most do
Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alyyy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arvoy - Dreamweaver
    Arvoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yes its part of the game
  • HealMayhem - Dreamweaver
    HealMayhem - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you had warned them before hand of what to do, and they did not listen, and because of that, they caused a party wipe, then the answer is yes.

I believe that the most important person in any squad is the cleric. Simply put, without them, you would die. Everyone else is expendable (except maybe the tank). If the tank dies, a min tank can take over for a short time, but if the cleric dies, you all will end up dead.

As such if you warned a person in the squad about what to do, so that a squad wipe will not happen and they do not listen, then you leave them dead, or you don't heal them.
    Want a signature? Request one at Mayhems Consignment Shop
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Do you let ppl die by "accident" in instances if they dun listen to u or just annoy u <.<

>_> i do

im interested how many dont do thsi lol...im preety sure most do

no. and i have not had a completely fail party wipe so far...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i let someone die when it s in party wipe situation and i know i wont be able to keep alive 6 ppl

i let weakest person or 2 die to keep me and rest alive

but that happens really rarely - like in warsong after fail pull when u get all mobs + 2 brown guys as sac or increased attack and their aoe hit for 1/3-1/2 hp constantly..

normaly i try to heal ppl b:chuckle

just for being dumb i let someone die maybe few times since i play (i think..)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    On my cleric I allow people to die if they rush ahead. Sins mostly do this, thinking that because they hit hard they can also tank. They agro a bunch of mobs and expect me to chase their rapidly deminishing HP and get myself killed because of them but guess what? I don't bother. I just let them die over and over and over til they stay the hell back.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Depends on the situatation. On a random squad if letting them die will save a party wipe, then yes. Odds are they shouldn't have drawn aggro in the first place anyway, and there's a reason I have level 11 res.

On a familiar squad I run with often, I'll absolutely let people die - I'll go so far as to tell them I am doing it while it is happening :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If they don't hit everything they aggro and I cant handle the heal aggro, i let them die. If they tell me rudely what to do, I let them die. If they are total morons who cant learn to work together, I let them die.

Other than that, as long as I am sure I wont die from it, I will do all i can to keep them alive. Only ever had one almost-party wipe (from all the examples above put together) so I am pretty sure I do a decent job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I only let people die if I warned them about holding off on aggro and then they sit their blasting at everything in the instance. Usually the DD's know when they go wrong but very rarely I'll get people who yell about their death-not my fault that they draw 5 mobs in FC because they ran ahead of the barb and want heals b:shocked
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Nuallan - Raging Tide
    Nuallan - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Do I let people die on purpose? No
    Why?
    The only time I can see someone doing so is if the person is acting like a noob/being arrogant or such. If that's the case, I just leave squad. No one dies, they have their exp, they get a new, fail-er cleric in a few minutes.
    If it's just a person who happened to get aggro (and I know that this person is not being n00b), I -always- try to keep him/her alive. I like to keep my reputation as a competent cleric, and letting people die when I could've saved them doesn't help that.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If they are being stupid in chat or pulling aggro off of everything and causing me to have to spam like a mad man, i let them die, it usually calms them down and makes them hold their dd at a resonable level for the rest of the run.

I've let barbs die afew times too when they run into a group of mobs and only attack one, not realizing the evils of heal aggro...that was mostly in lower levels though, most people realize they need to take aggro before they get heals now lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Never! :D

Because... everytime I get to rez an dummy... they think I got their backs and I do. But, if they keep dying, my level 3 rez will still make them lose xp! puwahahah! xD

Non-dummies never die in my squads! >:)
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I try not to but sometimes I over extend myself which sometime results in mine.This is something I am pondering right now.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sometimes.. maybe lol depends on the plp mostly they hope i run after them and heal them, i do that sometimes but tell afterwards im not gonna run again so dont try suicidal action xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i have few times, mostly i do it on veno tho, easy to let pet die and say i got lag or smth XD just don't constantly party invite me and order me to do stuff for you...thats aint gonna happen if you are not nice b:chuckle
    there was one barb who i had in bhs, who agroed tons of mobs and never hit any of them, healing him would kill me so i just let him die and asked others to not help him so mobs would reset instead of killing them too. i just make sure no1 else dies except those arrogant walking disasters...
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I let people die if they run off and do their own thing, like that barb yesterday who kept running ahead of the rest of our squad. I'm not going to save that idiot at the expense of the lives of four other people doing the right thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yes, if they're being stupid

also if i'm bored in nirvana and some DDs who i know are uncharmed and with no angels will die for my entertainment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I let a BM die on purpose once. I was just helping him out with some random kill X amount of whatever which was 3 levels below him so yeah. When I had to go afk for a couple of minutes I thought he would be perfectly fine without me healing him it being a easy quest and well, I did tell him I left for a bit before I left and that if he thought he needed my heals he should wait for second till I got back.

Needless to say, he didn't wait and he died. And yelled at me for killing me, which led me too. DUDE I told you I went afk. First thing he does when he comes back was aggroing half of the mobs in the area and eh, pissed as I was I didn't heal him on purpose. Then I just left the squad.

I felt really bad about it afterwards though. b:surrender So well, I usually don't, but I don't take **** from people when I'm not the one to blame. I'd understood it if it was an instance or whatever, but yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    no. and i have not had a completely fail party wipe so far...
    try it with a random squad o.o''
    Do I let people die on purpose? No
    Why?
    The only time I can see someone doing so is if the person is acting like a noob/being arrogant or such. If that's the case, I just leave squad. No one dies, they have their exp, they get a new, fail-er cleric in a few minutes.
    If it's just a person who happened to get aggro (and I know that this person is not being n00b), I -always- try to keep him/her alive. I like to keep my reputation as a competent cleric, and letting people die when I could've saved them doesn't help that.

why so serious xD

btw...yea i meant if theyre bein stupid/not listenin to u/run ahead
    also if i'm bored in nirvana and some DDs who i know are uncharmed and with no angels will die for my entertainment

ur name suits u lol xDDDD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Depends on the situatation. On a random squad if letting them die will save a party wipe, then yes. Odds are they shouldn't have drawn aggro in the first place anyway, and there's a reason I have level 11 res.

On a familiar squad I run with often, I'll absolutely let people die - I'll go so far as to tell them I am doing it while it is happening :D

^ This sounds like me.

Although, I have told people to just die. Since I have level 11, there is nothing to be worried about...also, if it will save me a doll and a res scroll, I have no issues letting one or more die so that I can live.

The funny thing is that when running with friends and such they often ask me if they can go all out since I have lvl 11 res...my response = Sure, but if I die because of your ninja **** = I won't res...it is funny to watch them though b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LadyHalo - Raging Tide
    LadyHalo - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I let people die...usually DDs....most the time sins..(what a shock.) When they run way ahead of me and start pounding on a mob when I'm way back...trying to catch up. They should wait for the cleric to be in healing range. Also...if a squad is getting mobbed at all angels...I will only heal the tank if he has the most mobs on him. You gotta keep the meatshield alive. The other party members can suck it. It's much easier to res them then letting the tank die and/or me. xD Otherwise...not so much. I try not to get an ego. ;x
    "The clerics are the kingmakers, the peacemakers and the war-makers. People are marching by order of clerics and stopping by order of clerics." - Ismael Zayer
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I let people die. Not often, but I definitely do it. One time in BH69 (not wined...) the BM kept rushing ahead and agroing like 4-5 mobs, and only agroing like 1 or 2. 1st time it caused me to die, and I told her if she did it again that not only would I not heal her, I wouldn't res her either. Immediately after got back she did it again, she died, then started QQing about how fail I am for not healing her. I told her to have fun going to town, and she left squad. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Katsu_Hikari - Lost City
    Katsu_Hikari - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So far from my experience, the only reasons that someone in my squad dies is that I'm just not able to heal on time, or they're being dumb-dumbs and start getting way too far ahead of the group.

I remember my first fb experience. It was with a member of the first guild I joined and her friend. Both were psy. and the friend was.....I think 60 something, guild-mate was 4x. and it was the fb 29 boss. Qinzi or something like that. At the time I was lv. 18. (the only reason I was there was b/c I was the only cleric in the faction online) When we finally get to the boss the two of them are attacking away while I'm desperately trying to keep them alive. First guild-mate died, then eventually so did her friend. The moment he died, the boss threw a big rock at me and I got one shotted.b:laugh ah the memories.
  • __Hysper - Sanctuary
    __Hysper - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes of course i do.. DIE STUPID BARB YOU'RE NOT GOOOOOOODDDD
    *joke.. hahah* Just in extremes case.. Well truly i remember it happened just twice.. i Dont like when people dies cause of me XD But if you're such arrongant and keep offendig me.. well DIE <.<
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    usually when I let people die its because #1) I am healing squad and they have run outside of my healing range. or #2) They have aggroed a large group of mobs and haven't aggroed them all.

For #2 I get b1tched at alot.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not on my watch b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krazykev - Sanctuary
    Krazykev - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have had times where I kind of NEEDED to let someone die if it meant not having the rest of the party wiped. >.>
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Yusami - Raging Tide
    Yusami - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hmm...i wouldn't really let people die even if they kinda **** me off.If someone gets aggro accidently i would heal them and let the tank get the aggro back but if the person was a cleric or a class thats squishy...im not sure if they will survive a boss but on mobs yeah they'll probably survive with healing ;)!But if they really **** me off really bad i let them die on purpose or just aggro alot of mobs i'll just let them die and keep the rest of the party alive^^