Subscription Server

aederyn
aederyn Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hey, I searched around for a while and couldn't find if this has already been brought up, so please forgive me if it has.

I love this game. I do. But I also miss the days when gold was expensive when it was 150k. And other things. Please don't flame for this.

My suggestion is to make a subscription only server.

I'm not sure if it could be implemented or not, but it is just a suggestion. I personally would rather pay a sub to play this game the way it originally was in China than to have people that pour money into the game and have insane gear that I will never have, no matter how hard I work for it. Yes, I know, QQmoar. And it is up to them where they put their money.

That is all ^^
Post edited by aederyn on

Comments

• Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    aederyn wrote: »
    I personally would rather pay a sub to play this game the way it originally was in China

Those days are over. Highly doubtful it would go back to that ever again.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would certainly pay a fee to play...just nothing more than the normal 15 dollars(bunch of other games charge this fee to play). b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'd love a p2p version of PWI. The GM's wouldn't be biased based on whether you've ever spent money, no cash shoppers, everybody would be on equal grounds. Not to mention the p2p versions they used to have had player housing :D
  • Legases - Lost City
    Legases - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    pwi is free to play pay to win, i would much rather pay to play and become best player in a server threw hardwork rather than being a rich egotistical **** hat. great suggestion.b:victory
  • Amarysauce - Dreamweaver
    Amarysauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the kind responses :) Good to know I'm not just crazy!
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The only thing I can really see this not be added is, most people spend more than ten or fifteen dollars on the game in a week or month. If they had to pay less than they did for another server, but still get everything they got in the original server, it would decrease PWI's profits.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ur saying one server for P2P, one server for F2P, r.unescape much? Anyway I guess it would be nice to see this implemented, but I'm guessing it never will be because of what Maddie said....
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd love this, but they really would lose out on a lot of money this way unless the monthly subscription was ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am not against it, but given that it's about fully cast in stone now...
    And for them, as long as it's not broken, no need to repair (which is debatable for some people here; myself, I will not take sides).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited September 2010
    I guess you're all right about losing out on money. Still, it was a nice thought while it lasted...
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the reason it stopped being subscription based in the first place is that it was not profitable enough to justify keeping it running. F2P with cash shop is much more profitable - as exhibited by some players spending $1000s of dollars on a single character, then moving on to raise another again spending $100s if not $1000s of dollars.

If PW did ever reimpliment subscription, I could see them also keeping the cash shop so those who wanted could still purchase their levels and ultimately equips through packs - best of both worlds steady income from subs and spike income from sales and event packs etc

oh shoot.. i should have kept that idea in my head.. now they will implement it b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    I wonder why it wasn't profitable enough? Plenty of other games have managed it...the idea of P2P+cash shop seems awful to me, though - it'd be like we have now, but even the 'free' players are paying money to get less than cash shoppers...

There'd have to be a way to do it, but as Rainbow has so..succinctly...pointed out, subscription for PWI will never happen. Still say it's a pity. I think it has merit...but I am of course neither a programmer or developer or CEO.