Character Server transfer?

ShadowStriik - Lost City
ShadowStriik - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
title sais it all
reason why i made this thread only juts got lvl 30 and already sick of PKers like on some games you can transfer a character from one server to another and that would be great anyone who sais this is bad idea i will know he/she is a evil PKer!
Post edited by ShadowStriik - Lost City on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I believe a GM has already said that this is not possible to implement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ShadowStriik - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    oh then forget this whole thing
    edited September 2010
    That means im stuck on Lost City -_-
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Would be nice but that thing is never gonna happend.
  • Midnait - Lost City
    Midnait - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    BAD IDEEA !
    Why ? Because all the players would do this : play on a PVE server,level up without any enemies (mobs or players) a lot faster and after like they hit a point,they`ll transfer to a PVP server and try to act all high and might. Seriously, it`s harder to play on PVP server than a PVE server.
    Another day, another idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I believe a GM has already said that this is not possible to implement.

Yep... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5256612&postcount=2
    edited September 2010
    BAD IDEEA !
    Why ? Because all the players would do this : play on a PVE server,level up without any enemies (mobs or players) a lot faster and after like they hit a point,they`ll transfer to a PVP server and try to act all high and might. Seriously, it`s harder to play on PVP server than a PVE server.

so basicaly you wouldnt like everyone able to be safe on a pve serever? do you like killing lowbies? just cause your higher lvl then most ppl?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it not ganna happen but i would love this

i got 9 chars between the lvls of 26 and 82
    when i started playing i didn't know i picked an east coast server.

think the ping would be alot better if i was on a west coast server where i live.

would miss all my freinds and my old faction. but i would still do it.

i would PAY to do it
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If I recall correctly, one of the biggest issues that the devs would face trying to implement this would be conflicting names.

(say there are 2 characters on 2 servers with the same name.... When one of them tries to move to the same server as the other player - BANG! lol, there would be problems)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Too easy to exploit. Say I started on a pve server, like I have. It will take me a lot less time to get to max level, as I don't have to worry about losing any gear/exp to other players. Hypothetically, I could reach lvl 70 in a month, and even higher in a very small amount of time. Then I use this service to transfer my character and all the high powered gear that was made in a no risk environment to a Pvp environment. I am now incredibly strong in pvp without any of the challenge of pvp on that server. Do you think that would be fair?

And before you claim I like killing lowbies or anything, I'll be glad to inform you that I have yet to go into pvp mode.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yes this will also cause many "lowbies" go into pve server causing the pvp servers to be full of just high lvl character. and if only high lvl's on pvp server , with little low lvl's, who couldn't afford the gold to switch server, or couldn't care of switching, would be severely victimized by the pvp players who target the lower lvl's. also to all players who enjoy helping lower lvl's would have less people to help. basicly pvp servers would probly have alot less activity
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bad idea, just reroll in a PvE server since you be only level 30.
    o.o'
    That be like.....2-5 days of casual playing only?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]