Anniversary discussion!

Options

Comments

• Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Question! For anyone who qualifies for these gifts, can they wait an unlimited amount of time to click that link to have them sent, or will that become invalid at some point. I've got someone who doesn't play much and they're being stubborn about coming on to get their mount, and I want to make sure they get it eventually. Will the link expire? If so, when?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thats one for the GMs i guess.. but since we had Anni packs for a year (in some shape or form) it makes sense that the link will be available for at least the whole month to cover folks who may be on holiday etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • mf32
    mf32 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE DONE THIS LAST YEAR
    instead of damn anni packs..
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    mf32 wrote: »
    WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE DONE THIS LAST YEAR
    instead of damn anni packs..

Because... they did this last year? b:puzzled

Without the fashion... and the blessings
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL so some of us got 1 blessing...some got 8 and I know of one person atm that has 12 blessings and 18, yes you read right, 18 mounts.
    True this. I figured I'd be clever and leave Firefox "Refresh every..." running in the background, so that when the traffic on the Anniversary page eventually cleared up I'd automatically get my mount/blessing. The result was that I ended up with 8 blessings and 9 mounts. Oops...

I have no use for more than 1 mount, and I prefer Jolly Jones' Blessing, so it's into the NPC sell box for them, but it's a good thing they're not worth anything to sell or this whole event could have turned into another Duke Rose fiasco. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Irieth - Sanctuary
    Irieth - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have only one thing to say...Thanks pwi for a mount I don't even need. Its just gonna sit there in my inventory being usless. At least you could of made it tradable so I could give it to an alt or someone that actually needs a mount.

complaining over.
  • esperkiller
    esperkiller Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Question, what if you recieved a mount on an alt character that is on another server? Is it possible to transfer it over to the server you want?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Question, what if you recieved a mount on an alt character that is on another server? Is it possible to transfer it over to the server you want?

Nope. It's stuck on that server.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sounds like fun
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • canvaz
    canvaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i want my one of my two mount on my other character!
  • justin23l
    justin23l Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Great job PW! Thanks for forcing me to pay 15 Gold to use a mount! Great gift!
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    justin23l wrote: »

Oh shut up. Go farm TT for a day and use coin to buy one for 6mil.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    Credence - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have a question, and if I may ask please do not send an automated answer. My girlfriend sent in complaint about the anniversary mount being sent to the wrong character to which she does not play anymore. The answer she was given was to pay to recieve 15gold, as named in game, in real price $15.000 USD. Last year, members were able to get a Free Item account exchange, where people who requested the character that the anniversary mount was to be placed in, would get it freely change to that character on that account. My main question is why does my girlfriend have to pay money for an in-game item that is generally free? Isn't this false advertisment, An item that's free is now not free just becuase the developers sent the item to the wrong character, which now makes that player having to pay $15.00 USD does not make it free, but makes that player pay to use the item.

*Now remmeber all anniversay items given during the duration of the Anniversary Event 2010 September,03, 2010 to are FREE, if sent to your wrong character you now will pay $15.00USD.

*All items are sent to the account are useable, but if the item cannot be used on the account do to wrongful explanation then there is gaming-technical issue which requires to be fixed by staff, and this abides to the conduct of internet sales and safe trade.

*As International rules, you take in all legal directories of participating countries in active work of Perfect World International.(this includes their own conduct and regulations)
    False Advertising: "Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A.
    /showpost.php?p=10036192&postcount=914

Its far from perfect.. its all demolished.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have a question, and if I may ask please do not send an automated answer. My girlfriend sent in complaint about the anniversary mount being sent to the wrong character to which she does not play anymore. The answer she was given was to pay to recieve 15gold, as named in game, in real price $15.000 USD. Last year, members were able to get a Free Item account exchange, where people who requested the character that the anniversary mount was to be placed in, would get it freely change to that character on that account. My main question is why does my girlfriend have to pay money for an in-game item that is generally free? Isn't this false advertisment, An item that's free is now not free just becuase the developers sent the item to the wrong character, which now makes that player having to pay $15.00 USD does not make it free, but makes that player pay to use the item.

*Now remmeber all anniversay items given during the duration of the Anniversary Event 2010 September,03, 2010 to are FREE, if sent to your wrong character you now will pay $15.00USD.

*All items are sent to the account are useable, but if the item cannot be used on the account do to wrongful explanation then there is gaming-technical issue which requires to be fixed by staff, and this abides to the conduct of internet sales and safe trade.

*As International rules, you take in all legal directories of participating countries in active work of Perfect World International.(this includes their own conduct and regulations)
    False Advertising: "Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A.

Unfortunately, they're standing by what they've said about it. However underhanded it seems to us. I understand why they won't do all of the manual transfers now, but it most certainly is false advertising in some cases. And its hard to please thousands of people, but that's what they're here for. They've gone about this all the wrong way. They could have saved SO much trouble, complaining, tickets, and unhappy players by simply adding a 'choose your character' option to the link page they made. They should have seen this coming. If not, either they are not too bright, or it really was their plan to try and make money off of the situation regarding the stash stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • canvaz
    canvaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I'm in the same situation as your girlfriend and know how frustrating it is. I've sent in a ticket, and been told to purchase an account stash stone($15USD)/buy from other players(which is 6mil+?) and had to reopen it for support about...hmm.. 5-6 times already!
  • Asholetta - Sanctuary
    Asholetta - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well since I am the Said Gf in Cred's post I'll add my 2 cents, It really Isn't right that we should have to buy an account stash, since it was a gift you think they could at least ask you what character you wanted it sent to as said by Shivalia, I mean it's free don't get me wrong i'm not upset or QQing over any of that, just really? we HAVE to buy an account stash, which we all know is costly, to get a "FREE" mount and even tho I don't need it and all. That sorta makes the mount not free then. The mount was sent to my BM who I quit but was lvl 94 so I didn't delete him, so What am I supposed to do? Not my fault I switched mains, and have put plenty into this game...

And Yea canvaz I reopened my tickets too, Just cuz I don't want to pay 15 bucks or 6 mill + to get the thing transferred.
    Hell I even tried to get a live chat but they said We are sorry you could not connect to an operator try again later during regular business hours.

Not to mention if I recall, did they say ahead of time it would be sent to the highest lvl, or did that happen after the 48 hours? I can't remember and I don't think they did.

Oh and to anyone who would say farm it... I shouldn't have to it's FREE. Key word there. I'm just saying in all honesty, I just want PWI's staff to think it through better next time, that's all.
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    Credence - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately, they're standing by what they've said about it. However underhanded it seems to us. I understand why they won't do all of the manual transfers now, but it most certainly is false advertising in some cases. And its hard to please thousands of people, but that's what they're here for. They've gone about this all the wrong way. They could have saved SO much trouble, complaining, tickets, and unhappy players by simply adding a 'choose your character' option to the link page they made. They should have seen this coming. If not, either they are not too bright, or it really was their plan to try and make money off of the situation regarding the stash stones.

Kinda upsets me that this game is on the brink of becoming close to cases where people will have to make PWI represent themselves in court*.. False Advertisment is meaning strong lawsuit..I remember when the game was simple.. easy.. wealthy. Now its the complete opposite.

What made me upset even more that the website couldnt hold more then 400,000 active members on the website, and im sure you cannot say it was all the money's fualt. PWI must be Banking millions. In which this made unfair to many players that accounts recieved, and ill qoute this from a player in game "I just got 3 mounts and 4 anniversary blessings(also shown me on the all the alts)", duplicate items? When the ones who respectably just got one reward from what was given.

You guys can call this QQ'ing or crying but also are you the guys the ones barely making it on game like 70% of the people on your server? i didnt think so...

(* = When i say that, it means that there is alot of trouble through the system. I dont literally mean everyone should start taking court action.)
    /showpost.php?p=10036192&postcount=914

Its far from perfect.. its all demolished.
  • eppifuge
    eppifuge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There's no way with the current system to be able to check your registration date, but I'm working on a different option right now. Please use the Anni sticky up top.

Thanks.

Im still waiting for my mount and Im pretty sure I registered before sep 2009. My question: how do you know our registration date if there is no way to check it!?!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kinda upsets me that this game is on the brink of becoming close to cases where people will have to make PWI represent themselves in court*.. False Advertisment is meaning strong lawsuit..I remember when the game was simple.. easy.. wealthy. Now its the complete opposite.

Suing for false advertising? Come on...

So if you won a car for calling into a stupid radio station, you would complain about having to pay the taxes, the registration, insurance, gas and maintenance? Because if you didn't pay any of that, you wouldn't be able to use it, would you?

You got a 11m/s mount for free that would have otherwise cost $45, however PWI is responsive for false advertising because they didn't send it to the character that you chose?

Ever heard the term, beggars can't be choosers? That phrase kinda fits the situation.

Hey, can you spare a smoke? Oh sorry, that's not my brand, could you go to the store and get me my brand so I could have one? That'd be awesome. Why yes, it would, wouldn't it?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

yup...its unfair. last year u transfered them for free and now...

Moreover: why the hell it the 2010 mount named 2009 anniversary mount? Two years the same mount is one thing- but not even a changed name?.....
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PettingPK - Harshlands
    PettingPK - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This gift is like giving someone a free house after it burned downb:angry
    I got this mount on my Barb lv 64, it has no armor, no weapon and 0 coins. The only thing it has is a bounded Redback Skymanta(means i did give the suckers some money).
    They could atleast have given it to my lv 63 Venomancer...
    Current main: PettingPK(lv 62)
    Alts: TankingPK(lv 64)
    PsychingPK(deleted)
    HealingPK(deleted)

P.S. I DON'T PKb:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This gift is like giving someone a free house after it burned downb:angry

It's more like someone giving you a free brand new car. Just because you don't have a license, don't want to pay tax or registration, you don't want to pay insurance or have the oil changes, you don't want to pay for gas, you got ripped off.

b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's more like someone giving you a free brand new car. Just because you don't have a license, don't want to pay tax or registration, you don't want to pay insurance or have the oil changes, you don't want to pay for gas, you got ripped off.

b:surrender

fak u Oprah!!!11one
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im a lil Disappointed...

the Fash (Fem)... Dosent fit my veno... and looks a lil Ugly IMO (aldo the Top gave me 1 Combo... but meh i was hopeing for something better looking... like this 1... http://www.ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/fashion/femme/f67.jpg)

Double Mounts... (why not a Differint Mount -_-" saw like Over 9000 Blue Hounds... b:shutup)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver
    SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My fashion is yellow and pink so I look like a fruit.

LOLb:laugh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    when ppl hv to pay to get something, complain.
    when ppl hv to grind to get something, complain.
    when ppl r given free stuff, also complain.

b:shutup

oh please.....id like to see u get the free stuff on a charcter u dont use, lets see how u feel then hmm?
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Couldn't just use the Jone's Blessing method...no...that's too easy >.>

yeh i so agree with you, they alwasy wanna makethings diffcult. they wish us Happy anniversary, but i think they made us more sad and angry then happy -.-...woohoo happy anniversary back at yab:bye
  • TastyCherry - Dreamweaver
    TastyCherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    cleric joined on dember 2009 it says....but i got mount toob:victorylucky me o.o?
  • smileyface09
    smileyface09 Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no fair, i joined around the same time yet i didnt get it =(
  • Thalron - Lost City
    Thalron - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Anniversary mount? More like anniversary-****-got-sent-to-horrible-char-I-never-use-mount.
This discussion has been closed.