Time for an 'unbindding' stone?

Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Personally i think the bindnig feature is pointless (since safety lock renders it useless), and that auto-bind keeps players from using better gear, aswell as making some TT drops worthless. For instance, i never botered to get any gold tt80/90 simply because i didnt want to spend coins on something that i would have to destroy later. PWI has made leveling fast and easy, so why waste hard-earned coins if you'll be switching to new gear soon? Not only does it render certain items useless, it lessens the variety of the market. Not to mention burning your chances of getting max stats on auto-bind items. I mean, what is that? Its extremely stupid making auto-bind items have luck involved. Say a lunar cape or gold TT armor piece. If it doesnt come out max stats, u cant sell it 'cheaper' and try again. You're either stuck with it or you destroy and lose all the coins. Its not like your item will have more or less market value. It just means you got screwed over. That 1 or more stat point may not seem much to you, but it means a whole heap to those higher lvs who wish to reach an extra crit % or whatever.

Having that said, i wanted to know if theres any possibility of PWI ever getting such a thing as unbindding stone. The sales from binding and unbindding stones would be absurd, as most (if not all) players would definitely bind most of their gear, specally on pvp servers. From a company thats all about the money, its kinda weid they havent done this already.

Anyways, just wanted to know your thoughts on this matter.
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Autobind stuff only applies if you equip it, you can very much sell it already made...

And for the cape.. most of the ones Ive seen had the stats come out max on almost all of them...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Destroying gear is where it's at.

Don't bind it if you don't plan on keeping it forever.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    oooo oo i know.. how about..you dont ****ing drop items in pk mode. that way we wouldn't have to deal with any of this ****.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    oooo oo i know.. how about..you dont ****ing drop items in pk mode. that way we wouldn't have to deal with any of this ****.

How about you go buy GAs like a normal person, eh? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010

we should all go buy gas
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    we should all go buy gas

Or if they changed it back so you could drop stuff with sl on... oh my that would be epic...
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2010

cuase i dont need to.. i'm not stupid enough to do pk mode.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Or if they changed it back so you could drop stuff with sl on... oh my that would be epic...

b:shocked i mean gas the kind u put in ur car
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    we should all go buy gas

I know, right? It's a totally alien concept! Like far out, dude!

Also should do away with safety lock! Then it'd be like...one big orgy of love~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Unbinding stone = bind all gears freely without worry = no one ever drops anything worth a damn in pk ever again.

SL = oops I forgot it ran out and I just dropped half of my gears.

First option kills the only thing this game has left. b:bye
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Autobind stuff only applies if you equip it, you can very much sell it already made...

And for the cape.. most of the ones Ive seen had the stats come out max on almost all of them...
    Clearly you missed the point.
    Unbinding stone = bind all gears freely without worry = no one ever drops anything worth a damn in pk ever again.

SL = oops I forgot it ran out and I just dropped half of my gears.

First option kills the only thing this game has left. b:bye
    I see. So even though everyone uses GA or safety lock and once in a full moon drop something, for you what would kill the already non-existant pvp in this game is having everyone binding gear (that can be broken btw)? Did you even consider that 99% of the players that 'dont' pvp dont do so cuz they're afraid of losing gear? I guess making the game more interesting wouldnt be better than having some unlucky fella lose an item every 3 or so months. Silly me.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    b:shocked i mean gas the kind u put in ur car

I dont have a car o.o
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ever heard of coin sinks? You're talking about one of the very few working sinks on the game, i guess you would also like the idea of unlearning sage/demon skills huh? Might come in handy to sell those skill books if you plan on pimping out your twink...

There's more to auto-binding than just keeping you from loosing stuff on PvP. It's meant to make some items more expensive and should in theory help the prices for higher level mats, you know, so that the people who like farming instances can actually turn a profit.

There are many things in the game that warrant adjustment. THIS IS NOT ONE.
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think a stone that unbinds items we bind ourselves (aka buying a bind charm from cash shop + proceeding to bind an item) Would be a great GREAT idea. However I think items (like gold gear) that auto binds should not be unbindable. If this was possible I am all for it! Would love to unbind some of my **** xD
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think the OP is trying to suggest making a re-sell market for 80/90/99 gold gear? (which it clearly doesn't)

Even if you could unbind all of those, it still wouldn't have a market, since buying the mats for said items would still be cheaper. If it costs 150mil (roughly) to buy all the mats for TT99 armor, then you would be looking at 275-300mil for an already pimped out set, which would be rediculously expensive for all but the heaviest cash shoppers/merchants.

Tbh, I don't see any need for an unbinding stone.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Some of you people are making the most **** comments ever, and are completely missing the point.

His point was not about the need to unbind items that one has previously bound to prevent it from being dropped in PK, his point was that getting lower level TT gold equipment have mostly become obsolete because of how fast people level.

His point was also that there would be a better market for TT80-90 gold mats if the equipment were not bound. Tell me, who gets TT80 Crimsonhorn: Soulsmasher anymore? **** that there's Frost bow 5 lvls later that's not bound. 80-90 used to take long enough that getting the gold bow was worth it, not anymore.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • tyler199
    tyler199 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well I think you should be able to unbind things you have bound (that **** flyer you thought youd keep forever), that excludes TTgold and quest items (event hats, capes, etc)

I understand not having a marlet for some TT iems, but if everything can be unbound there wont be a market for any TT items.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    His point was not about the need to unbind items that one has previously bound to prevent it from being dropped in PK, his point was that getting lower level TT gold equipment have mostly become obsolete because of how fast people level.

But consider auto-bound or self-bound items all bound in the same matter, the unbinding charm will work on both kinds.
    Clearly you missed the point.

I see. So even though everyone uses GA or safety lock and once in a full moon drop something, for you what would kill the already non-existant pvp in this game is having everyone binding gear (that can be broken btw)? Did you even consider that 99% of the players that 'dont' pvp dont do so cuz they're afraid of losing gear? I guess making the game more interesting wouldnt be better than having some unlucky fella lose an item every 3 or so months. Silly me.
    Dropping happens all the time. In fact, I just killed a bloodred sin right now and got a pair of mold daggers. Maybe it doesn't happen as much on PvE server? Back when I was on Dreamwever, most pkers gave back drops b:embarrass. Unbinding charm, unless much more expensive than the current binding charm, would lead to zero drops in PvP.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ya on that note, I don't think unbinding charms would be a good answer, I just think maybe certain auto-bound gear should no longer be auto-bound period. It's true that gold TT gear that is auto-bound is much better than other gear of its level. Look at TT90 gold versus TT90 green, TT99 gold versus Lunar, for example. One is significantly better than the other, especially in the case of TT99 gold versus Lunar. I'll venture to say that TT90 gold is better than Lunar >.>;

However, some of that went down the drain with the relatively recent available gear. How is TT90 gold ring better than Lunar gold ring? Yet one is bound and the other is not. The TT80 gold weapons are pretty much obsolete when there are Frost weapons at lvl 85 that are not auto-bound. A lot of gold equipment have just become extremely unattractive now especially considering their alternatives because they auto-bind.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2010
    There are many things in the game that warrant adjustment. THIS IS NOT ONE.

I'm actually disturbed that I'm finding a lot of your posts reasonable :P

If anything, get rid of binding charms completely and add unbinding charms so people can unbind the stuff they had previously manually bound with a binding charm. There shouldn't be unbinding charms at all if binding charms are allowed to exist. It kind of throws away the whole point of binding an item.

The decision to bind something should be a reasoned one. When you soulbind an item, it should remain permanently bound. To allow it to be unbound is just a joke and makes a mockery out of the system.

Would I like to unbind some stuff so I could resell it cause I don't need it anymore? Sure. That's not the point. I bound it so I couldn't drop it, and some decisions in PWI should remain permanent decisions that you cannot alter.

Jeez people. Get over with it. If you're afraid of binding something, don't do it, just don't expect to have binding charms available.

If they did add such an item, I would be pretty pissed if they didn't cost 20 gold each.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    never gonna happen, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So basically rather than fix the problems created by much faster leveling than originally intended, as well as acquisition of high level gear through packs, we should further unbalance the game by making even more gear tradeable? Wouldn't the oposite (self binding lunar gear) be more of a boon to the economy? Or are we just aiming to benefit late 8x to early 9x looking for bargains?
    edited September 2010
    So basically rather than fix the problems created by much faster leveling than originally intended, as well as acquisition of high level gear through packs, we should further unbalance the game by making even more gear tradeable? Wouldn't the oposite (self binding lunar gear) be more of a boon to the economy? Or are we just aiming to benefit late 8x to early 9x looking for bargains?

No, it's a matter of selfishness rather than selflessness. They want to unbind the gear they bound so they can sell it or get rid of it. Stuff they were stupid to bind in the first place.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No, it's a matter of selfishness rather than selflessness. They want to unbind the gear they bound so they can sell it or get rid of it. Stuff they were stupid to bind in the first place.

What the OP and Q were talking about is more the auto-binding gear (TT80/90 gold etc) is becoming somewhat obsolete due to auto-binding and everyone leveling faster.

So Q suggested not adding "un-binding" charms and just removing the auto-bind on some of these gears.

P.S. To the person that said Binding gear was a coin sink, it's not, it's a mat sink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Personally i think the bindnig feature is pointless (since safety lock renders it useless), and that auto-bind keeps players from using better gear, aswell as making some TT drops worthless. For instance, i never botered to get any gold tt80/90 simply because i didnt want to spend coins on something that i would have to destroy later. PWI has made leveling fast and easy, so why waste hard-earned coins if you'll be switching to new gear soon? Not only does it render certain items useless, it lessens the variety of the market. Not to mention burning your chances of getting max stats on auto-bind items. I mean, what is that? Its extremely stupid making auto-bind items have luck involved. Say a lunar cape or gold TT armor piece. If it doesnt come out max stats, u cant sell it 'cheaper' and try again. You're either stuck with it or you destroy and lose all the coins. Its not like your item will have more or less market value. It just means you got screwed over. That 1 or more stat point may not seem much to you, but it means a whole heap to those higher lvs who wish to reach an extra crit % or whatever.

You have never had any TT gold items? Those things aren't auto-bound, just auto-bound on equip. Lunar event capes (as well as most of the other 'event' equips) are auto-bound though. If you get bad stats on TT gold, just sell it.

As a PvPer myself, I still wouldn't bind my gear and go without SL even if I could unbind it later. I like to carry pots too. I would have to deposit my whole inventory to the bank then.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited September 2010
    What the OP and Q were talking about is more the auto-binding gear (TT80/90 gold etc) is becoming somewhat obsolete due to auto-binding and everyone leveling faster.

I understand that, and many of the OP's actual points were wrong.. and instead of dissecting his post, I just provided opinion on unbinding charms in general. If they provided an unbinding stone, it's likely that it wouldn't be able to differentiate stuff that is auto-bind and what is not. And if that's the case, it really shouldn't be implemented.

All the 80/90 mats that the OP said were largely worhtless and would be worth more if the 80/90 gear could be unbound is false. Those mats would be even more worthless.

The point about people PvPing more is false. People will PvP regardless of binding charms or not. How much in your inventory do you have that you wouldn't want to drop in PK? How much bank space do you have so you could unload your inventory so you wouldn't have to worry about it? Probably not much. Fail point.

People will either PvP with Guardian Scrolls or Saftey Lock. Bound gear, with the exception of a few people who only pvp is a thing of the past, for the most part.

There were other points he made that were invalid as well, but I'm not going to go back and look to address them all, I'll just state that unbinding charms should never be allowed. For several different reasons.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Auto bind is there to stop the flooding of certain desirable items such as TT90 wrists. Imagine the prices of these items if an unbinding stone came into the game.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Destroying gear is where it's at.

Don't bind it if you don't plan on keeping it forever.

Holy **** I actually agree with you for once b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Holy **** I actually agree with you for once b:shocked

Scary huh? Are you sure you're not trying to get me to do my 99 key quest with you/ b:chuckle

b:avoid
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Time for an 'unbindding' stone?

Already been discussed before, many times. Search before starting a suggestion thread. Oh, and actually put it in the Suggestions area of the forum where it belongs.