OMGosh, so much confusion!

Options
Sahemos - Sanctuary
Sahemos - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, I recently rejoined this perfect world. I left it for a couple months because I was dragged to another game by a friend, but now I'm here and hopefully to stay. I love this games BEAUTIFUL graphics and peaceful music, it's a nice way to have fun and relax after school or work. I have a few questions though as when I first played this game I'm a newb, and still am! I've searched around for answers but everything was vague.

Question:

1.) When I played this months ago, I used to see many world shouts of people helping with FB's. However as logging in recently for a few days, I have not seen any, not a single one of over 30+ hours of being online total and not AFK. Can anyone tell me why this is?

2.) About the mount Flame Talon. If I buy it from the boutique mall for 25 gold, will I be able to use it at level 50, or do I still have to get the 1k feather things?

3.) About Seraphatic Wings, or whatever they are called. If I buy these from the boutique for 25 gold, do they come with a catch like I suspect for the Flame Talon?

4.) Concerning quests. Is there an option to allow me to see ALL my quests on the world map, so I can distinguish a faster path to turn them in instead of random going back and forth?(I am horrible with coordinates)

5.) This is my poll question, as I am having trouble deciding on my class. Should I do Venomancer or Archer, which one is the better choice in the long run? Please be specific, I like both PvE AND PvP and I'm having some real trouble to decide, but it will be one of these two classes. (Use the diagram bellow to answer effectively)

Archer:

Pros.

1.) A lot of skills that look really nice.
2.) Seraphatic wings.
3.) Good for PvP wars/Battles.
4.) Love the way the xbows look.(Not a fan of Slingshots or bows)
5.) Effective AOE training later on.

Cons.

1.) Use lots of arrows and potions.
2.) Slow killing, as I have to kite because I die quickly.
3.) Flight costs Mana, which really annoys me.
4.) Expected to use slingshots and fists/gloves at 99+ to get parties.
5.) Difficult to solo.

Venomancer:

Pros.

1.) Best looking traveling, because of their awesome mounts.
2.) Really cool/cute looking pets to slave tank for me.
3.) Very cheap to maintain.
4.) Level very quickly.
5.) Ability to solo very effectively.
6.) Flying doesn't cost me Mana.
7.) Don't really need that many potions as the pets do the tanking, and there is a skill that swaps Mana and Health.

Cons.

1.) Really only use pets and Venomous Scarab to train, so it's a bit dull.
2.) Questionable weapons, which I might not like to use later on.
3.) Not really good for PvP wars/battles

Thank you in advance for your help!
Post edited by Sahemos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've quite enjoyed playing my veno. Not only does it help you solo a lot more stuff, but it also teaches you a lot about tanking and aggro that can then be applied to playing other classes.

Still, I play three different classes, so there's no reason why you couldn't play both veno and archer. Try 'em both out, and if one gets boring, forget about it.

Have fun! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Sahemos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I really can't play two classes due to my OCD. =P
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    @ archer, you might be abit slow but once you grow in level things change a lot.
    @ veno, don't be so confident, it might be an easy class to play but, you fly from level 30 only, you use either magic sword , either pataka either want, depends which have better stats and which fits more to you playing style as for tanking pets, it all depends, some bosses require a barb to tank.

question 1. since they implemented hyper stone and oracles nowday not that many doing FB's , you level very fast with those, some of them either keep tabs , either skip the FB's, but still, if you ask someone to help, i'm sure it will say yes or those who are farming reputation for rank.

question 2. i'm not sure what you mean by flame talon, i guess it's from other game ?

question 3. no, those are separated items.

question 4. when you press Q you have an option called *find quests* , there you have listed all the quests available to / t'll the respective level you have.

question 5. i would vote for archer. i'm not saying venomancers are not good, they are *fun* in low levels when you see different thing that other classes don;t have, like pets and such. but from my experience, i have both veno and acrher as alts, and honestly i'm enjoying my archer much more then veno. as you know they both have pro's and con's. i would sugest you to read some of the threads on both classes and find out which one fits better for you or try them both and see which one you enjoy the most .
  • Sahemos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What I mean by Flame Talon is the Giant Red Phoenix like bird that the Untamed can get.
    As for the quest question, what I mean is there a way that shows all of my completed quests on the big world map.
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Question: (sorry if red isn't your color)

1.) When I played this months ago, I used to see many world shouts of people helping with FB's. However as logging in recently for a few days, I have not seen any, not a single one of over 30+ hours of being online total and not AFK. Can anyone tell me why this is?

A few months is a long time. There are still a ton of people willing to help with an FB, just, we're all too lazy to offer. :P

2.) About the mount Flame Talon. If I buy it from the boutique mall for 25 gold, will I be able to use it at level 50, or do I still have to get the 1k feather things?

The Crimson Flametalon is a flying mount for the Untamed. For ground mounts, there are only pets that require level 20, 40, and 60. Nothing around 50. If the requisite level (for example) is 40, you just need to be level 40, buy the mount, hatch the egg, and keep it fed until it no longer needs feeding. Flying mounts on the other hand don't need to be fed or hatched.

3.) About Seraphatic Wings, or whatever they are called. If I buy these from the boutique for 25 gold, do they come with a catch like I suspect for the Flame Talon?

The "catch" i can think of is if you're the wrong race for those wings. Seraphic Mists are for Winged Elves, clerics and archers. If you decide to play as a veno, you'll need an untamed aerogear.

4.) Concerning quests. Is there an option to allow me to see ALL my quests on the world map, so I can distinguish a faster path to turn them in instead of random going back and forth?(I am horrible with coordinates)

Read what Desire from Dreamweaver said. About the coordinates... that screen usually has the item you need to get or monsters you need to kill or NPC you have to talk to highlighted in green. Fly up, click the green name, and you will automatically move to that item/monster/NPC in a straight line. I suggest flying if you want to autopath. It's kind of funny when you walk in a straght line towards your target and then run face first into a wall or tree.

5.) This is my poll question, as I am having trouble deciding on my class. Should I do Venomancer or Archer, which one is the better choice in the long run? Please be specific, I like both PvE AND PvP and I'm having some real trouble to decide, but it will be one of these two classes. (Use the diagram bellow to answer effectively)

Both are fine, depending on what you like to do more. Neither are crucial to a squad (like a cleric and barb are), so it just falls to you on how "good" each is for PvP and PvE. I'll use one of my friends as an example.

For the long run, I would personally choose a venomancer. You are the ultimate dd's in TT runs (besides interval assassins/bm's and claw archers). You can farm your own stuff or farm with a group. If you prove yourself to be a very good veno, you can easily find a squad for anything. There is an art to being a veno though. Just because people say it's an easy class to control doesn't mean they are actually good at it. I rarely see venos who can crowd control mobs, tank a boss with their pet, keep it and themselves alive, and know their own limits at the same time. PvE is fairly soft on a veno as they have pets to help. Great solo capability. I used to be able to solo everything up to 2-2 and 3-1 on my veno on HT before the last major major updates. That does include all previous TT's, lunar, etc. Ylime, a 100 pro veno from Heaven's Tear could do FF, Nirvana, and some world bosses. (I'm not kidding with that one lol. Blessing of the Pack maxed on a herc is awesome for doing Shadow Doll... not that she does it all the time. I don't personally like spending 1.5-2 hours watching my macros work and neither does she.). She farmed all her own gear too so it just means that you don't need to be a cashshopper to get Nirvana sets and more than 1 herc.

"3.) Not really good for PvP wars/battles"

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Well, maybe. Venos are good at everything if the person is veryyyyy good. Find Ylime from Heaven's Tear as an example of a veno that can (insert profane word here) stuff. There was a mentally odd veno on PW-MY who had the Nix made for PvP, the magic weapon and gear made for killing, and the hidden set of those TT100 fists. Amp, nix bleed/stun, and magic attacks while a fist bm runs up. Nova-increased damage, amp, stun/sleep, fists when the random bm thinks they can get close enough to use claws. Safe to say, I played there, say that going on and just decided to play another server lol.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Archer:

Cons.

2.) Slow killing, as I have to kite because I die quickly.
    Slow killing? I kill so fast the mob barely has time to reach me.

3.) Flight costs Mana, which really annoys me.
    You'll get wings that don't need mana. Seraphic Mist, for ex.

Venomancer:

Cons.

3.) Not really good for PvP wars/battles
    Heavy veno + Nix? I always thought they were pretty good.

Lalala short commentary. Amarante's got the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Sahemos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I read somewhere that you can trade 9,999 feather items or something for a Crimson FlameTalon, so my real question is, if I buy one from the boutique do I still have to get all those feather items?
    As for the quest with maps, that's not what I mean at all. I know about the auto-pathing, my question is is there an option where I can pull up the world map and see where all of my completed quests are, to more efficiently turn the closer ones in first.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I read somewhere that you can trade 9,999 feather items or something for a Crimson FlameTalon, so my real question is, if I buy one from the boutique do I still have to get all those feather items?

Those feathers are for a veno pet called a Phoenix. It has nothing to do with that aviation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As for the quest with maps, that's not what I mean at all. I know about the auto-pathing, my question is is there an option where I can pull up the world map and see where all of my completed quests are, to more efficiently turn the closer ones in first.

As Eoria said, those feathers are for the Phoenix. For Venos only, flying Legendary pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Sahemos - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh, okay. I never knew that. Thanks guys for all the info. =P