PWE Scheme

Arclight - Harshlands
Arclight - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys, here's some clarification on what's going on.

All gifts were sent out to the account's highest level character on each server.

The gifts page experienced incredibly heavy traffic, and thus some players were sent multiple copies of the same items. These extra copies are yours to keep (and vendor if necessary), so don't worry about that.

Due to the crazy amount of traffic, some players did not receive all of the gifts that they were supposed to get (i.e. a 1 year vet gets the blessing but no mount). These players need to go back to the 2010 Anniversary Gifts Page until the correct item is sent to their mailbox.

For players who would like to transfer the gifts to different characters on their accounts, the only way to do this is through the Account Stash feature. This feature can be accessed by activating an Account Stash Stone at the PW Boutique Agent.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any other questions.
frankieraye
frankieraye forgot to mention that the account stones cost 15 dollars. Its so blatantly obvious that this whole event was designed to make money and not give loyal customers a nice gift. Not really a surprise though it follows there trend since pwi opened. You guys always try to mask the real reason why your doing something and thats what irritates me the most.
Post edited by Arclight - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    frankieraye forgot to mention that the account stones cost 15 dollars. Its so blatantly obvious that this whole event was designed to make money and not give loyal customers a nice gift. Not really a surprise though it follows there trend since pwi opened. You guys always try to mask the real reason why your doing something and thats what irritates me the most.

considering every idiot and their dog knows that a stash stone cost 15 gold. and anyone worth anything in the game can easily afford it (zen or no zen). its irrelevant to mention the price.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Submit a ticket requesting a transfer to the new character.

When they deny the ticket, respond by requesting 1500 ZEN for the account stone, or equivalent amount of coin to buy the 15g in-game.

Personally, I don't care if we get free stuff or not for the anniversary, but getting use out of said stuff should not be reliant on paying real money.
    That's when it stops being a gift, and becomes a scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    considering every idiot and their dog knows that a stash stone cost 15 gold. and anyone worth anything in the game can easily afford it (zen or no zen). its irrelevant to mention the price.

I am sick of seeing you high level player give your opinions.

Not everyone and anyone can afford it. 8 Million in in-game coin is not easily tossed away.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Not everyone and anyone can afford it. 8 Million in in-game coin is not easily tossed away.

8mil? then how much is gold worth on Lost City? o.O
    On Sanctuary it costs 5-6mil...
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    account stash stone is cheaper than a mount. wait, you want the mount on other than your main? then pay the effing price or coins
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    @ 425k the Account Stash Stone would be: 6.37mill

Anyways...I know that some people might not like the idea, but it is still free stuff. You paid nothing for the item(s).

If I could give mine to people I might consider it just because I will most likely bc npc'ing mine (no room b:surrender).

However, this is the way that things are and unless they change their minds (logistical nightmare to transfer these things in the quantities that would be requested), you are stuck with the mount on the highest level character that you have.

Sorry, but that is the way it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    8mil? then how much is gold worth on Lost City? o.O
    On Sanctuary it costs 5-6mil...

Sorry, 6.75 million for the stash stone. b:surrender
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't see why they couldn't do it, I mean they did it last year with no issues but meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    you are stuck with the mount on the highest level character that you have.

Sorry, but that is the way it is...

The way it is, some people are stuck with free trash
    b:bye

I agree on account stash not being as expensive as it sounds, and on it being really useful. But to be forced to buy one to use a gift, be it with real money or in game coins, that is a scam.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedLynx - Lost City
    RedLynx - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why didn't they make 2010 anniversary webpage like jones's blessing webpage, which you can easily choose the character who will receive the item? ^^
    Hum...*dramatic pause to think about this complex situation*
    Oh I know now. Veterans will receive another anniversary mount on the highest char but their highest char already have a anniversary mount. So they will want transfer the 2nd mount to another character they have, but the only way to do it is buying a cash-shop item. So they could get some money from ppl. ^^
    Did i get an A on logic? XD
  • Invigorate - Harshlands
    Invigorate - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    At least WoW Scam's people straight up to play their game b:chuckle
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well like i said before, it's a FREE gift. People should stop complaining about it, let's supose they didin't gave us anything, everyone would go and start drama/QQ etc threads whythey didin't gave us anything. People don't seems to understand , they at least should say thanks that they have it on alts or other characters then not having it at all. b:surrender
  • Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Even if thats a little messed up, IMO , u should try to get an account stash anyway, i bought one a while ago (usin coin of course, never spent real life cash on this game, never will) and it was THE BEST ITEM IV EVER GOTTEN from the cash shop imo, soooo many dam uses for it, its already paid for itself, and a lot more, anyway, regardless if u get a gm to transfer it or not, i suggest gettin the stone, it helps so dam much.
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    account stash stone is cheaper than a mount. wait, you want the mount on other than your main? then pay the effing price or coins

You 2 missed the entire point. Its not about how much the stone costs, its the fact they there forcing you to buy one if you want to use the gift. Its a dirty business scam any way you look at it.
    Oh and kenlee this cleric is my main, I no longer play my highest lvl character. So ya my mount will be getting no use because now I wont buy a stone out of principle.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Well like i said before, it's a FREE gift. People should stop complaining about it, let's supose they didin't gave us anything, everyone would go and start drama/QQ etc threads whythey didin't gave us anything. People don't seems to understand , they at least should say thanks that they have it on alts or other characters then not having it at all. b:surrender

This is fully incorrect at 100% and I should point out that all the people that I see saying stop QQing are 100+ characters.

So to my point. People would not QQ if they just gave out the EXP/SP rewards and never even mentioned gifts.

Giving a gift that many won't use is what makes people feel hurt. People are only expressing their feelings because they are hurt and feel cheated out of something that PWI was actually going to do special for them.

See, the two year vets atleast had the chance to move the items around by request but this last batch of players did not have the chance.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    if you have 2 characters who will use even remotely similar equipment, the stash is worth it, if you have any bound equipment the stash is worth it, if you get untradable quest rewards, such as xp orbs the stash is worth it. if you want to move anything from one character on your account to another without using a middle man or wait 1 hour for mail, the stash is worth it.

bottom line, the stash is the best use of 15 gold available.

a corporation doing something motivated by profit.

really? at what point are you crying, self centered children going to realize that pwe exists to make money?

people who didnt pay anything for something demanding a refund. god bless america.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    someone forgot to mention with the 6.5 mil or w/e they could just buy another mount instead of switching the free one b:surrender
  • Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010

Why would people complain about not getting something if they never expected to get something in the 1st place?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Submit a ticket requesting a transfer to the new character.

When they deny the ticket, respond by requesting 1500 ZEN for the account stone, or equivalent amount of coin to buy the 15g in-game.

Personally, I don't care if we get free stuff or not for the anniversary, but getting use out of said stuff should not be reliant on paying real money.
    That's when it stops being a gift, and becomes a scam.

So... let me get this straight. When a relative or a family friend of yours give you something that you can't use... and can't return to the store for cash... then they are trying to scam you? I don't know about you... but i have gotten plenty useless gifts before that I can't even use if i put money in to it. But unlike you... i appreciate the gift and definitely don't go around calling the gift giver a scammer.

LOL. At the same time I am sick of seeing worthless low levels complain about every little thing. The stuff is free... and no one if forcing you to use it. And even if you put money in to it... how is that money being throwen away? Account stash is one of the actually useful things PWI has came out with.

At level 80 you should aleady have one mount... otherwise you are just an pathetic excuse to take up storage space. Ever thought of leaving the anni mount of your highest character... and move your other mount to the character that you are playing. And now both characters have a mount.

And for the poor people out there. It'll actually do you some good to try to be nice to others for a change... instead of complaining about being poor all the time. I know I personally bought a PWI friend an account stash stone just cause she asked... no strings attached.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    if you have 2 characters who will use even remotely similar equipment, the stash is worth it, if you have any bound equipment the stash is worth it, if you get untradable quest rewards, such as xp orbs the stash is worth it. if you want to move anything from one character on your account to another without using a middle man or wait 1 hour for mail, the stash is worth it.

bottom line, the stash is the best use of 15 gold available.

really? at what point are you crying, self centered children going to realize that pwe exists to make money?

people who didnt pay anything for something demanding a refund. god bless america.

Since when have gifts been given out to gain profit? Your logic fails.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010

To this and anyone else who feels like bringing up that ridiculous arguement, I have one word for you.
    Packs

You lose, good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    So... let me get this straight. When a relative or a family friend of yours give you something that you can't use... and can't return to the store for cash... then they are trying to scam you? I don't know about you... but i have gotten plenty useless gifts before that I can't even use if i put money in to it. But unlike you... i appreciate the gift and definitely don't go around calling the gift giver a scammer.

LOL. At the same time I am sick of seeing worthless low levels complain about every little thing. The stuff is free... and no one if forcing you to use it. And even if you put money in to it... how is that money being throwen away? Account stash is one of the actually useful things PWI has came out with.

At level 80 you should aleady have one mount... otherwise you are just an pathetic excuse to take up storage space. Ever thought of leaving the anni mount of your highest character... and move your other mount to the character that you are playing. And now both characters have a mount.

And for the poor people out there. It'll actually do you some good to try to be nice to others for a change... instead of complaining about being poor all the time. I know I personally bought a PWI friend an account stash stone just cause she asked... no strings attached.

Last time I checked PWE wasnt one of my family relatives. Your acting like they dont have any motives. Now if they werent trying to hide these motives I would be ok and move on but there being sneaky about it and I hate snakes.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010

The same way when the local macy or nordstrom store mail me a thanksgiving/christmas gift... for... 25% off any in store merchandise.

• Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SashaGray - Heavens Tear View Post

To this and anyone else who feels like bringing up that ridiculous arguement, I have one word for you.
    Packs

You lose, good day.

er w8 didnt u just prove the other guy's point? doesnt that mean he wins? b:chuckle
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    The same way when the local macy or nordstrom store mail me a thanksgiving/christmas gift... for... 25% off any in store merchandise.

Thats not a gift thats 25% off of an item you are buying. Thats called a sale.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Last time I checked PWE wasnt one of my family relatives. Your acting like they dont have any motives. Now if they werent trying to hide these motives I would be ok and move on but there being sneaky about it and I hate snakes.

so... since pwi is a sneaky snake. and you hate snackes... but yet you are still here. i guess you must not hate pwi that much.

• Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This is fully incorrect at 100% and I should point out that all the people that I see saying stop QQing are 100+ characters.

^This, you got the answer there, i don't think i need to repeat it.
  • Arclight - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    so... since pwi is a sneaky snake. and you hate snackes... but yet you are still here. i guess you must not hate pwi that much.

The actual gameplay and the way the devs run there busness are 2 different subjects. All your arguments are fail.

Edit on a sidenote I hate snakes but I love snacks.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Submit a ticket and ask for a transfer.

If you havent done that and not recieved a negative answer then you have no basis for complaint (yet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010

since to use the free gift the way you want to use it requires you to spend money.
    since every infomercial ever gives you a "gift" for buying something
    the gift is free
    the gift works exactly as its intended to work, at no cost to you
    if you want to get more out of the gift, or use it how you want to use it, you can spend some money. or you can cry on the forums about it.

you think the people that win a car on a gameshow cry about not getting free gas, free tires, free oil changes etc.
    Packs

You lose, good day.

"packs" is not much of a retort, buddy. especially since the existence of packs supports my position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.