same sex wedding possible

Renza - Raging Tide
Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
this discussion has been made many times...yet im sure GMs or ppl have said its impossible and/or the GMs refuse to do it for what reason?

me personaly i dont care, but i thought id mention that it is actualy easily possible if the GMs wanted to (im suprised they diddnt, they wud make alot of money from marridge packs).

yes i have proof but ill bother to edit and post a screeny to the site if ppl are bothered to see b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
*One week later*
"Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
*few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
Post edited by Renza - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's not that it would be impossible or not to implement it, but....

the Chinese culture doesn't allow it.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's not that it would be impossible or not to implement it, but....

the Chinese culture doesn't allow it.

that doesn't matter, fact is, its already in a version of PW, which means *the Chinese culture* in this case is irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    that doesn't matter, fact is, its already in a version of PW, which means *the Chinese culture* in this case is irrelevant.

Since the guys who MAKE THE DAMN GAME happen to be Chinese, I think it's kinda relevant.

You know, laws in China and all.

And yes, in fact, GMs have said in the past that it's due to the Chinese law about homosexuality. Multiple times, even.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Let's be clear on this, is this available on an officially licensed version?
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this discussion has been made many times

Then why bother bringing it up yet again? The reason why has already been given many times. As Asmodiel already stated, the Chinese culture doesn't allow it. It's their game and it does matter to them. They said no and their decision is final. Deal with it and move on.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6646681&postcount=60
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    /facepalm

/bashes head multiple times on desk

/goes and gets coffee

Sometimes I wonder why I hang on the forums.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Aw god, not this thread again.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    /facepalm

/bashes head multiple times on desk

/goes and gets coffee

Sometimes I wonder why I hang on the forums.

... And here I was going to tell you that you were proceeding good to a bloody bludgeoning suicide.

You ruined my fun. b:cry
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know 2 girls who ARE married to each others characters..
  • xtormentax
    xtormentax Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know 2 girls who ARE married to each others characters..

It is not that 2 girls r married, they just made male alts with the same name as their names by changing only 1 letter, what makes it look like 2 girls got married, for example

Magical <

with normal letters
    by |V|agical <
    the M is changed (in game looks btter like M)
    or MagicaI <
    with cap i instead of l

and things like that, so instead of 1 weeding they had to do 2 weddings to each male alt
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this discussion has been made many times...yet im sure GMs or ppl have said its impossible and/or the GMs refuse to do it for what reason?

me personaly i dont care, but i thought id mention that it is actualy easily possible if the GMs wanted to (im suprised they diddnt, they wud make alot of money from marridge packs).

yes i have proof but ill bother to edit and post a screeny to the site if ppl are bothered to see b:bye

Interesting thread? No
    Interesting sentence? Yes, I wanna see it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think PW-MY allows it, probably what OP referring to.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2010

No OFFICIAL version of PW allows same sex marriage. It will never happen because the Chinese Developers will never code it into the game.
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think PW-MY allows it, probably what OP referring to.

no it doesnt even MY-EN is like private server cause u can do there what ever u want :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010

o.o'
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not to mention a yearly **** Pride parade through west Arch >.>
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Truth be that they not very populous.
    They merely be one of the loudest groups of humans.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg
  • AshCat - Lost City
    AshCat - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

Beat me to it.

+1
    "I'm a tank. Chicks dig tanks." - Ah-Dol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The gms make more money from those who buy 4 packs to marry alts because they both got female / male chars anyway, so this would get them less money not more.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    x.x'

This made me LOL b:laugh
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    One thing to note, stop talking about unofficial versions of PW/PWI. Dosen't matter if they allow it, this one does not and that's official. I would love Houses in PWI but it has been officially stated several hundred times already that it is not going to be included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    One thing to note, stop talking about unofficial versions of PW/PWI. Dosen't matter if they allow it, this one does not and that's official. I would love Houses in PWI but it has been officially stated several hundred times already that it is not going to be included.

+1

OFFICIAL versions don't allow it. End of discussion.

To all those people who claim that private servers have same sex weddings, then just go play on those private servers. Easy solution.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    as a **** i wish same sex marriage was possible in game and in real life. we need our rights
  • dudio
    dudio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lolool
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    as a **** i wish same sex marriage was possible in game and in real life. we need our rights

NO, Not allowed you freak
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    x.x'

I respectfully disagree, Mr. Rodent King.

There are a massive amount of ****/**** gamers across the world. I would say roughly 4 out of 5 ****/**** and bisexuals play video, pc, arcade and board games on a regular basis. Thing is this: the community isnt as present, because they dont care about it.

What do most gamers want? A good game, that keeps their attention, that presents a challenge, occupies their time and is fun. When you log on a game, most of the time, you dont care what race, sex, gender, sexuality or disability the other gamers have that you play with or against.

I've played this game myself for 2 years, on multiple servers, and have only mentioned my sexuality to a handful of people. I've come across a ton of **** people on this game, you would be surprised.

To say that they are not that densely popular is a gross understatement. And to say they are the loudest is also, if you dont mind, an ignorant claim.

Ignorant people are the loudest. Look at their post counts.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I respectfully disagree, Your Sacred Highness Almighty Rodent King.

There are a massive amount of ****/**** gamers across the world. I would say roughly 4 out of 5 ****/**** and bisexuals play video, pc, arcade and board games on a regular basis. Thing is this: the community isnt as present, because they dont care about it.

What do most gamers want? A good game, that keeps their attention, that presents a challenge, occupies their time and is fun. When you log on a game, most of the time, you dont care what race, sex, gender, sexuality or disability the other gamers have that you play with or against.

I've played this game myself for 2 years, on multiple servers, and have only mentioned my sexuality to a handful of people. I've come across a ton of **** people on this game, you would be surprised.

To say that they are not that densely popular is a gross understatement. And to say they are the loudest is also, if you dont mind, an ignorant claim.

Ignorant people are the loudest. Look at their post counts.

Fixed a thing or 2. They are a large comunity, yes. But the developers are chinese, and are at China. Even if they wanted to implement this, they can't (or there will be ugly consecuences for them).
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As said the chinese culture does NOT allow it so it won't happen.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.