error on start

giovanni1111
giovanni1111 Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
when i start the launcher/updater it updates and all but then gives me error pop up with a bunch of giberish and directx in english but i have the latest directx so that cant be it someone please help
Post edited by giovanni1111 on

Comments

• dakshinray1974
    dakshinray1974 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i have same issue here is a screenshot for me

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/giovanni2222/pwi/untitled.jpg
  • dakshinray1974
    dakshinray1974 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i also have latest direcx and have uninstalled and reinstalled many times have also dl and install language packs also right click run as admin also right click proerties cmpadability also mnual patch and let it patch on its own after some reinstalls also re-dl direcx and restart computer also changed the video - systemsettings.ini changed back as well nothing seems to be working please someone help
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device, Drivers, and DirectX Features boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• michael9876
    michael9876 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey!, I kinda have the same problem... here is a screenshot of my error message -
    problem1l.jpg

And here is my system info (It is a custom built computer.. And I played perfect world before on it like a year

ago before rising tide came out. Plz help!) -
    picuk.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That error says "Graphics card must be able to map at least two texture layers."

You may have the wrong video drivers installed because it does not show how much memory your video chipset has.

Check out what your system or motherboard manufacturer has on their website for updated video, sound, network, and mainboard drivers, and install them.

Also make sure that you have window updates turned on, and install all updates listed.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Seatka - Dreamweaver
    Seatka - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am having the same problems, its really frustrating meb:angry... and when i pull up the thing you told us to, im not exactly sure what to do... please help? thanks
    one more thing, i was able to get on up until about, i think, two weeks ago, now it wont work!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2010
    @Seatka

It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Copy and paste the top half of your dxdiag into your forum post (that means 50% of the text). If you have Vista, please take out the (TM) (the trademark symbol) out of the text file, as the forums will cut it off and won't display the rest of the text.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file. This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

We'll take a look at it, and offer our advice (or our super cool and helpful community might beat us to answering things for you).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Seatka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    oops hold on i should pm you huh?
  • Seatka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    just thought this might be a helpful tip, i have pretty bad internet conection
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2010
    Post the top half of your dxdiag.txt here, it is no problem.

You MUST have a fast and stable broadband internet connection to play PWE games.
  • Zanos_ - Lost City
    Zanos_ - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So how can we fix this? I have a dell windows XP version 2002. I couldn't find weather its 64 or 32 bit. I also don't feel comfortable posting in depth information about my computer on the internet. Please don't take that personaly. If you find the solution though, I will try it on my computer, and if it doesn't work specificaly for me I can wait until something does, or just tough-it. Thanks for all your help GMS!
    i WOULD have an uber awsome pic. for my signiture... but im only willing 2 go so far 2 be a nerd :>
    -Zanos_ Lost City FTW
  • mbops
    mbops Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm having the same issue as the other people in this thread. Here's my DirectX diagnostic info. Also, I'm running a 32bit Win7 on a Dell.

dxdiagnostic.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2010
    @mbops

According to your DXDiag log, you do not have any drivers installed for your video card/chipset, or they were not properly installed/are corrupted.

Please consult your system or video card manufacturer's support website to obtain the latest drivers for your system.

@ everyone else

You dxdiag is like a read out that a mechanic reads when looking at your car for diagnostics. How much memory, CPU, what version of drivers and Windows you are running. It does not have anything that can seriously be used to **** your system.