Best pairing / Duo?

oddgamer
oddgamer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm fairly new to the game, and have a friend who is likewise new to the game. We're planning to play together, creating characters we will only play with each other. This should, hopefully, mean that we will always be the same level (assuming we don't die). Thus we're looking for the best pair of classes to work together on an ongoing basis.

Suggestions?
Post edited by oddgamer on

Comments

• Qsmack - Harshlands
    Qsmack - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hi there

one of you go Cleric, the other go Barbarian. That way you can pretty much complete everything in game together.
    Either that or you could both go venomancer, can tank bosses by duel healing pet if needs be.
  • oddgamer
    oddgamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What's the earliest level that a Barbarian and a Cleric can actually work together? Obviously NOT level 3 (ran all the way from Plume to Lost City just to find out we can't work together, which is very frustrating. Most MMO's I'm familiar with you can do the beginning quests as another race). If we're stuck waiting until something obnoxious like level 20 or so, we'll have to do something else.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The three races all meet at archosaur at around level 20 iirc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol, if you're only going to play with each other, you will have a very boring time with runs due to the process being too slow, but otherwise, one of you go cleric, and another one of you go barbarian.

Also, since you're only going to go with each other, the best thing you can probably do together are dungeons, dungeons, and more dungeons.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Frostwish - Raging Tide
    Frostwish - Raging Tide Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    PWI classes are made in a way that they all depend on eachother for help. Clerics are the best healers, but have low HP and Phys Def so they can't tank, Barbs have high HP and Phys def, but do low damage. I'm not going to explain all the classes as someone already did that in the classes forum, but it's just an example.

Cleric and Barb is the most popular. If you're both girls, then one of you will have to play a male because Barbarians have a set gender as male. Venomancers have a set gender as female.
    Leveling to 20 isn't that hard. If you need any help I always love to help new people. Raging Tides :D

But anyway, if you really want to work together from very early levels, I'd suggest you both go Venomancer. (Which is a set gender female). Like Qsmack said, you could both tank bosses. However, I hope you're not planning JUST to play with your friend and ignore everyone else in the game. You won't go far if you do that.

One of my personal favorites is Cleric&Veno. Veno can tank a lot of mobs, and can also heal their pet. If the Veno ever gets hurt, Cleric can heal. The cleric can also attack (They have fairly high phys and magic att) since the Veno's pet has aggro. In higher levels, if a Veno runs out of MP, they can always use Soul Transfusion (did I get that right?) and switch Mp/Hp. Then Cleric can heal them back to full health again. Venos also get Hp/Mp recover skills in higher levels.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'd go with female cleric and male barbarian. As people said above, they make a great tank & healer/DDer combo. Also, the barb will be able to carry around the female cleric, so you can pool your money so the barb gets a fast mount that you both can use, and eventually you can get your characters married and do the daily marriage quests too.

The only down side is that you'll have to quest a bit separately until level 20, since barbs and clerics have different starting areas. Still, the first 20-30 levels go pretty quickly. The cleric also starts out with wings, so she'll be able to join the barb earlier if you feel like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Qsmack - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    You could also try cleric/archer combo. Mobs will pretty much be dead by the time they get to either of you, with the skills they have. As archer is LA they can tank a lil bit, and hey, they always have cleric to heal anyway. So if you're wanting to quest together, i would say that this is best combo.
    Wizz and BM works ok but wizz heal is too slow
  • slapjanus
    slapjanus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Barb and cleric are best duo i think
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You could also try cleric/archer combo. Mobs will pretty much be dead by the time they get to either of you, with the skills they have. As archer is LA they can tank a lil bit, and hey, they always have cleric to heal anyway. So if you're wanting to quest together, i would say that this is best combo.
    Wizz and BM works ok but wizz heal is too slow

Try getting a non-cash shopped archer to tank TT or something. See how many can actually do it.
  • Qsmack - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking more along the lines of questing, not instances. Obviously decent Barb or HercVeno is needed for those places, but for the regular grind, archer does very well.
    OP didn't mention anything about TT runs...