Question about genie skill (Relentless Courage)

Wuss - Harshlands
Wuss - Harshlands Posts: 168 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
if you max this skill what does its duration become? at lvl 1 3.5 seconds is not good enough but im wondering what its maxed lvl duration is

im guessing 8 seconds but i want to be sure
Post edited by Wuss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    10 seconds I believe.
  • Wuss - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    if i added nothing but strength to my genie around how much % attack speed could i get?
    Strength: Every 4 Genie Strength points increase the attack speed by 1% more
    and th skill starts at 5% could it be possible to get 30%?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    That's just simple math. It starts at 5% so to get 30% you need 25% more. 4 STR per percent so you need 4*25=100 STR.
  • Wuss - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    That's just simple math. It starts at 5% so to get 30% you need 25% more. 4 STR per percent so you need 4*25=100 STR.

yah but can i get that str?? or would that mean allot of lucky points cause im not lucky

if somon has a genie near lvl 100 with crappy lucky points tell me ifits possible cause after like 40 or whatever it requires 2 points per str... so technicly you need allot more than 100...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    My level 93 BM's Genie is 73/90 Discipline and it has over 100 STR. You can have over 100 STR on a 6X/90 genie if you keep VIT low. Use an Infliction. I use to think that you need 2 points per stat after getting 40 total point of one area, but it's actually 2 points per stat if it's 40 points over the original number.
  • Wuss - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    My level 93 BM's Genie is 73/90 Discipline and it has over 100 STR. You can have over 100 STR on a 6X/90 genie if you keep VIT low. Use an Infliction. I use to think that you need 2 points per stat after getting 40 total point of one area, but it's actually 2 points per stat if it's 40 points over the original number.

ok thanks for info
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    In 3 weeks, I'm going to get pked by your 5 APS BM that came out of nowhere am I?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For the genies to get 100 strength you need to spend the following number of attribute points on strength:

Infliction: 130
    Longevity & Zeal: 150
    Discipline: 154

You get 1 attribute point per level (after the first one), plus 1-10 every 10 levels (Lucky Points). This means that the earliest you could get 100 strength is:

Infliction: level 70 (requires a 61+/70 genie)
    Longevity & Zeal: level 80 (requires a 71+/80 genie)
    Discipline: level 80 (requires a 75+/80 genie)

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Do you think it's more worth it for Relentless Courage or Wind Shield? Both have increases in attack speed, and with more str, you get more speed % increase in Relentless courage. But I think wind shield has longer duration. So...i'm confused >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wind shield level 1.

Cheap, spammable, and can be easily stacked with other skills so you aren't completely helpless when you use it (in terms of genie skills available to you).
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My zeal (level 82) is guaranteed to have 100 STR (if I wanted to go that high) by the time it hits level 105. Its only 47/80 and currently sitting at 84 STR. I've put 10 into Vit for ToP level 10 (I know this doesn't seemingly relate to relentless courage, but bear with me). Therefore I could have 89 STR on my genie, leaving 11 more STR left to get (need 22 genie stat points total). So 105 - 82 = 23. Hopefully I'll get a few more lucky points along the way so I can pick up a new skill. At any rate.. Just goes to show that bare minimum lucky points on a Zeal genie that are needed to get to 100 STR when your genie finally grows up to 105 would be 46.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    if you max this skill what does its duration become? at lvl 1 3.5 seconds is not good enough but im wondering what its maxed lvl duration is

im guessing 8 seconds but i want to be sure
    The skill wasn't worth leveling before the genie revamp, and I think it's still not worth leveling. Assuming it starts at 50 energy and 3.5 sec, increases 10 energy and 0.5 sec per level, you have a situation where going from level 1->2 increases the energy cost 20% but the duration only increases 14%. So yeah it will last longer, but the longer time it takes for your genie to regen the energy to use it again will decrease the net damage increase from the skill. So if you're trying to spam the skill against a boss, you actually maximize your damage with the skill at level 1.

If you subscribe to the "genie skills should be spammed" line of thinking, then leave it at level 1.

If you subscribe to the "genie skills are for emergencies" line of thinking, then there is some benefit to leveling it.

Also:
    Wind Shield costs 35 energy and gives a 10% speed increase for 8 sec. 1 extra sec per 50 stat.
    That's (2.29 + 0.0057*stat) %*sec per energy.

Relentless costs 50 energy and gives a 5% + (stat/4)% speed increase for 3.5 sec.
    That's (0.35 + 0.0175*stat) %*sec per energy.

So for the same % increase and the same duration, Wind Shield will always cost significantly less energy than Relentless. At 5 stat points, Relentless costs over 5x as much energy for the same benefit. At 100 stat points, Relentless costs over 1.36x as much energy for the same benefit. For Relentless to be better, your genie has to have 160+ str, which AFAIK isn't possible. Wind Shield's stamina cost is lower too.
    edited September 2010
    Thank you Solandri for clearing up the Wind shield vs Relentless for me! I think I'll have to re-adjust what my potential genie for my BM will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Dunno never done the str boosting part of it, i have the skill in my genie but i use if for the channeling boost and my genie's dex is pretty much maxxed, comes in handy havind a nice casting speed boost, especially say, when you're trying to beat other venos at a rarespawn ;) also handy if your tank dies and cleric instantly gets aggro, hit R C and spam your fastest hard-hitting skill and try and get aggro off the cleric long enough for him/her to res the tank
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The skill wasn't worth leveling before the genie revamp, and I think it's still not worth leveling. Assuming it starts at 50 energy and 3.5 sec, increases 10 energy and 0.5 sec per level, you have a situation where going from level 1->2 increases the energy cost 20% but the duration only increases 14%. So yeah it will last longer, but the longer time it takes for your genie to regen the energy to use it again will decrease the net damage increase from the skill. So if you're trying to spam the skill against a boss, you actually maximize your damage with the skill at level 1.

If you subscribe to the "genie skills should be spammed" line of thinking, then leave it at level 1.

If you subscribe to the "genie skills are for emergencies" line of thinking, then there is some benefit to leveling it.

Also:
    Wind Shield costs 35 energy and gives a 10% speed increase for 8 sec. 1 extra sec per 50 stat.
    That's (2.29 + 0.0057*stat) %*sec per energy.

Relentless costs 50 energy and gives a 5% + (stat/4)% speed increase for 3.5 sec.
    That's (0.35 + 0.0175*stat) %*sec per energy.

So for the same % increase and the same duration, Wind Shield will always cost significantly less energy than Relentless. At 5 stat points, Relentless costs over 5x as much energy for the same benefit. At 100 stat points, Relentless costs over 1.36x as much energy for the same benefit. For Relentless to be better, your genie has to have 160+ str, which AFAIK isn't possible. Wind Shield's stamina cost is lower too.

Before the genie revamp, Relentless Courage did have its uses for venos. That -20% channelling helped a lot of venos compete with people with -4x% channelling during rare pet spawns. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigcb
    bigcb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    what kind of genie should i get, and build it? :O
    edited September 2010
    Check out the PWI wiki page on genies. Also, you might want to use the search function in the forums. People have posted some decent suggestions and guides to building a genie. It really depends on which skills you like to utilize out of the genie skills and what fits your playstyle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I agree, I prefer wind Shield.

8O SANGO! OMFG! Congrats on MOD!

.-. Does that mean things will actually get done in the wiki!? I need to go back and edit in the Psychic skillbook stuff....
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    8O SANGO! OMFG! Congrats on MOD!

.-. Does that mean things will actually get done in the wiki!? I need to go back and edit in the Psychic skillbook stuff....
    Heh... Thanks. It actually happened about three months ago, but it didn't help that I had to move TWICE shortly after that , and then work started giving me 50% more hours per week. b:shocked

Anyways, yeah, I've had a bunch of non-PWI garbage deleted, updated the front page, created a bunch of templates, fixed a ton of pages, and I'm starting to reorganize and standardize things a lot more. As always, any additional help anyone can provide is always welcome. b:thanks

But, back on topic, Relentless Courage improves attack speed, movement speed, and channeling (by 5% at level 1) for 3.5 seconds, while Wind Shield reduces damage (by 6% at level 1), and increases attack speed and evasion (by 10% at level 1) for 8 seconds. It sounds like Wind Shield is much better for melee classes, while Relentless Courage is better for magic users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)