Anniversary discussion!

Comments

• dotsixx
    dotsixx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    can u choose what char ur prize will go to?
  • PiscNinja - Sanctuary
    PiscNinja - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    dotsixx wrote: »
    can u choose what char ur prize will go to?

that is the million dollar question...
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Last year the mount went to your highest level character on your account.
  • Jarid - Lost City
    Jarid - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Maybe frankeye will post all the answers soon..
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So im guessing this one getes a 2nd mount then? btw i believe it will be worked out when you created your account, for PW not your 1st post here, 3rd week in september 08 just made it by a whisker. Origional toon was deleted long ago.
  • Maij - Lost City
    Maij - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I hope not. What is the use of 2 of the same mounts..
  • Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
    Ecclectic - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Happy anniversary!!
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i m going to get the same mount again b:lipcurl

and for the fashion, if it isnt trade able, pls make it at least NPC-able b:shutup
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I hope not. What is the use of 2 of the same mounts..

If you've been here for atleast 2 years I am guessing you have made more than one toon. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like The sort of Idea, Btw Happy Bday PWI ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Happy Anniversary PWI, and thank you for the new blessing! b:thanks

At least for the next 90 days Fuzzy finally have enough +def level to cancel out the Jones Blessing. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bwhahaha omg on the post for the PWI anniversary thing GM's losing duels to Bramble Hood (on purpose of course) b:laugh I had almost forgotten about that you almost got off that one scot free kantarok. b:laugh Not now I probably won't forget it this time. b:cute Sides you totally lost on accident you misjudge my proness b:surrender Twice :) Level 60ish pure int veno beating a GM epic. Ick and I would have won again if you didn't put those haxish gems in and then arma me. Lol its too bad it wouldn't work on my anymore whatever happened to you guys dueling us after the down time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There's been a lot of crying this year about how "old players get fash and then semi-old players get the SAME mount and new players get a blessing QQQQQQQQQQQQ" and may I just say on behalf of the part of the player base that doesn't consist of constant "OMG FREE STUFF QQQ" players:

Suck. It. Up.

You know what happened last year?

Players who had been around before Sept 08 got the anniversary mount.
    Newer players did not get blessings or anything else.

That's it. Suck it up you new noobs, stop crying that they're actually giving you something. Go be ungrateful in another game.
    Similarly, deal with it you old players crying about how your mount isn't exclusive any more. No mount is exclusive any more and you just got new fash that is exclusive. Cry to somebody who gives a damn, because you won't find them here.

Honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phomez - Lost City
    Phomez - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If its free is always welcome ijs... dont cry, feel grateful for having some, even if its the same... 2 mounts/fash/blessing > 1 mount only... :P

peace all
  • Shirosaki - Harshlands
    Shirosaki - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So I checked the page, it seems that I'll get a mount, awesome, since my Violet Lightning is 9 m/s. ^^
    And besides I really like that mount, I was jealous last year when my friend got it since I wanted it too.
    I MIGHT just be tempted to do more than WQ for at least a day.

Although you suck PW for bringing the packs, thank you for the mount.
  • neckcutter
    neckcutter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:laugh
  • coyotegirl
    coyotegirl Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Happy Ann. PWI.

I dont have a great memory for when i joined and dont know where to find this out.
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I dont remember when i have make the account into this client.

Where i can see it?
  • WolfsKings - Heavens Tear
    WolfsKings - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:chuckle
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Any idea when the instructions will come out?
  • paradox66
    paradox66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm worried, I believe my oldest char says Jan 2010 but I know I joined somewhere in 09 :(
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What to discuss here? :O

We'll get it when we get it.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We'll get it when we get it.

Finally some logical thinking. b:cry
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Maglciana - Heavens Tear
    Maglciana - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We are lost Q_Q :cryb:cryb:angryb:surrender
  • Cilan - Harshlands
    Cilan - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just erase all my pjs XD
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My only gripe with this year's Anniversary celebration is that it seems a little boring and uncreative.

Last year you gave out free mounts to everyone with 1 year of "service." Wow! Free mount! This year -- same thing. Been there, done that.

Last year (if I remember correctly), you had 2x experience, spirit, and drops every weekend, and I think that was the first appearance of the 2x bonus. Wow! Twice as much experience, spirit, and drops! This year -- same thing. Been there, done that. In fact, we've probably been there and done it a dozen times over the last year.

Last year you introduced packs, which for better or for worse were certainly something pretty new and amazing. Wow! I can get the best items in the game for $1 and can finally get things like Advanced Mystical Pages that haven't been in the game before! This year -- same thing. Been there, done that. In fact, have there been as many as 4 weeks over the last year when packs haven't been available?

Everything on sale has been on sale at least half a dozen times over the last year, mostly more. Dragon Orbs, Ocean Orbs, Platinum Charms, we've seen all these before.

The only thing really new is the blessing, which isn't all that new either, since most people have Jones Blessing's stacked up to last until Doomsday. Yeah, this one is different, and I would argue more well thought out, but a) too late, you can't unspill the milk and b) it just seems less special when we've already had blessings for months now.

It's all a bit ho-hum at this point. Nothing about this year's celebration really gets me excited.

So for the sake of being constructive, what are some things you could have done that would have been more interesting?

* Sale on something unexpected like fashion.

* Save some of the new cash shop items that have appeared in the nightly auctions and reveal them now instead. If you had held back the black, white, red, dye packs of 30 dyes and introduced those for the Anniversary, that would have generated some buzz.

* Give everyone 5-10 gold. Or Event Gold if you want to limit it more.

* New Anniversary event. Maybe something like the snowmen.

* Give everyone free wines with their BH quest for a month. Or 1 free wine or a random chance of free wine if you want to limit supply more.

* DQ item price doubled for 1 month.

etc. These are just a few quick ideas to show that it isn't impossible. There is still something new under the sun.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    My only gripe with this year's Anniversary celebration is that it seems a little boring and uncreative.

Last year you gave out free mounts to everyone with 1 year of "service." Wow! Free mount! This year -- same thing. Been there, done that.

Last year (if I remember correctly), you had 2x experience, spirit, and drops every weekend, and I think that was the first appearance of the 2x bonus. Wow! Twice as much experience, spirit, and drops! This year -- same thing. Been there, done that. In fact, we've probably been there and done it a dozen times over the last year.

Nah, they had either a week or 2 weeks of 2X xp/sp/drops in beginning of Dec 08, they very same week the OHT expansion came out. It was from an event, think myspace still, about getting I think 10k friends in a certain amount of time. Ironic thing is all the idgits griping about how the recent ones changed the target time or amount and then reminiscing about the old days. Guess what cluedarks, the event in 08 also needed to be extended to meet the required number. Which really makes it ironic reading posts griping about it, when it's always been like that; including during the accepted Golden Age of the game.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    15/15 blessing is not that bad of an idea.

A player with Jones blessing vs 15/15 has 15 attack levels over this player, but on the other hand, the 15/15 blessing player also has 15 attack levels over the Jone's player.

When both players use Jones, well they have 30 atk lvls over each other. It's even in terms of attack levels as long as everyone wears a blessing of some sort.

it's probably worth it to switch blessings around as well. People QQed about Jones for so long, and they tried to fix it. So call it boring, call it unexciting, but whatever. This might mitigate some of the 3-x complaints as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im glad to see the mounts return. last anniversary i didnt get a mount on this account because my only character on this account at the time wasnt more then lvl 5, if i remember right you had to have a character lvl 20 or 30 to get the mount then. i got the mount on my main account last year but its on a non played character at the moment. so thanks for bringing back the free mount even if its the same as last year
This discussion has been closed.