what genie skills for fist bm?

Options
furries
furries Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
what skill should i plan on getting for my fist bm. (pure fist no axe)

balance obviously is a must and i was hoping for a def lowering skill like tangling mire, but i dont want the huge aoe that mire has when im a single target killer.

do either wind shield relentless courage stack with cyclone heel? or will those be pointless to get?

earthflame is a must obviously and extreme poison sounds good as well
also considering true emptiness

i dont plan on having an especially awesome genie so im really aiming for 4 skills

earthflame and balance will be 2 of those, what do u recommend the other 2 be?

im lvl 32 at the moment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fastest Hedgehog Alive
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would you be fists only? At least use lower level axes. Mire is good even for single target since more STR makes it stronger and you'll need STR on your genie for other skills anyways. If you must get only single target debuff, get Extreme Poison.

No attack speed buff stack with another.

I'd get True Emptiness over Balance. I'd also recommend Occult Ice for later levels if you are making a STR based genie.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A proper "pure fist BM" would be able to wield all weapons. At endgame 200 dex, 3 vit and the rest of your points into str.

Axe skills are the most important to have. Fist skills are largely unnecessary. Cyclone Heel and Shadowless Kick are the only two you'll really need. When you reach the appropriate level you may want the lvl 11 DBB, but only if you plan on cancel casting it, otherwise it's a waste of two sparks.

These would be my suggestions to pick from:

PvE
    Earthflame
    Extreme Poison
    Tangling Mire
    Alpha Male
    Absolute Domain
    Holy Path
    Second Wind (charmed)
    ToP (uncharmed)

PvP
    Occult Ice
    Extreme Poison
    Whirlwind
    Frenzy
    Holy Path
    I'd get True Emptiness over Balance. I'd also recommend Occult Ice for later levels if you are making a STR based genie.

I have both on my PvP genie and I find I use them so little now. I would avoid balance... too much energy and you can just spam mdef charms or marrow. True Emptiness is great for 7x-9x, but I find myself not using it much either.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Pro_untamed - Lost City
    Pro_untamed - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A proper "pure fist BM" would be able to wield all weapons. At endgame 200 dex, 3 vit and the rest of your points into str.

Axe skills are the most important to have. Fist skills are largely unnecessary. Cyclone Heel and Shadowless Kick are the only two you'll really need. When you reach the appropriate level you may want the lvl 11 DBB, but only if you plan on cancel casting it, otherwise it's a waste of two sparks.

PvE
    Earthflame
    Extreme Poison
    Tangling Mire
    Alpha Male
    Absolute Domain
    Holy Path
    Second Wind (charmed)
    ToP (uncharmed)

PvP
    Occult Ice
    Extreme Poison
    Whirlwind
    Frenzy
    Holy Path

I have both on my PvP genie and I find I use them so little now. I would avoid balance... too much energy and you can just spam mdef charms or marrow. True Emptiness is great for 7x-9x, but I find myself not using it much either.
    Wat does true emptness do never got the discription :(
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wat does true emptness do never got the discription :(

It's a skill that does triple damage in the air, hurts arcane classes the most, also gives you a magic shell... it doesn't have an energy/vit requirement so it can be spammed for mdef shield.

It's really OP from the time you get it to 9x, but at 10x I'd rather save my genie energy for Occult Ice. It makes it easier to be a lazy bm. b:surrender
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

PvE
    Earthflame
    Extreme Poison
    Tangling Mire
    Alpha Male
    Absolute Domain
    Holy Path
    Second Wind (charmed)
    ToP (uncharmed)

PvP
    Occult Ice
    Extreme Poison
    Whirlwind
    Frenzy
    Holy Path

True emptiness is nice if you're getting ganked and combine it with ToP or Domain. Usually means you have to kite or fall back for a bit anyway. Also kinda disagree with frenzy in PvP, I wouldn't take it over Tangling Mire.

Cloud Eruption, Fortify, Badge of Courage and Lawbreaker are also worth mentioning, depending on how you build your genie.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    True emptiness is nice if you're getting ganked and combine it with ToP or Domain. Usually means you have to kite or fall back for a bit anyway. Also kinda disagree with frenzy in PvP, I wouldn't take it over Tangling Mire.

Cloud Eruption, Fortify, Badge of Courage and Lawbreaker are also worth mentioning, depending on how you build your genie.

Really depends on how you build your genie. Frenzy is good if you're a high HP or highly refined fist bm. Otherwise you probably shouldn't use it.

As for TE, I usually spam mdef charms and try to let the genie build energy for occult ice, especially against mages who like to blink around.

Cloud Eruption is alright, I think it's overrated. Don't really have much experience with the rest. I also make sure my PvP genie is fairly suitable for PvE as well, cause I tend to forget to change them sometimes. b:surrender