Terrtory limit set to "X"

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
We all know how the maps always end up with 1 dominant faction which owns all or almost all the map.

why cant we just make a limit on how many territories u can hold.

obviously the idea of 1 faction not being able to control the whole map is flawed.

why all this beating around the bush with changing prizes and hoping it will eventually fix itself?

why don't we just confront the problem upfront? make the territory limit 5 and reset the map.

the factions that are the best will get thier land back easily enough, after all if they can keep the whole map as it is now then they obviously dont have a problem winning town wars.
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There suppose to be a limit but it has never been enforced.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is supposed to be a limit on owning some of the higher level territories, but it's broken.

And btw, a limit on the number of territories is also a broken idea, as once a top faction hits the limit, they can only defend, and with less lands, they get less defenses, which mean they will get even more bored and quit even easier.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • ArrowDeath - Dreamweaver
    ArrowDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes, the high lvls getting bored and quitting is an issue, but what if we add on to the original idea instead by asking that they allow say territory raids where a faction can attack a neighboring area and get some kind of reward simply for winning and have members of the losing faction get say 1/2 exp for a weak. that way it isn't a permanent defense, the high lvls can still do things, and it will make the defenders nervous and perhaps actually go all out in it.
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    One faction ending up with the whole map happens only when the other factions on the server allow that.
    It's not the fault of the dominating faction.
    Yes, there are many screwed up things about TW.
    For one, you should not be able to fly in TW. LOL.
    Second, no faction should be allowed to hold both lvl 1 lands (1k and Archos).
    Having a limit for lands owned would make every weakling of a faction hold a land and brag about it. Is that fair? not in my book. Holding land should be something powerful and organized faction can do. So current setup in that regard is fine.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    One faction ending up with the whole map happens only when the other factions on the server allow that.
    It's not the fault of the dominating faction.
    Yes, there are many screwed up things about TW.
    For one, you should not be able to fly in TW. LOL.
    Second, no faction should be allowed to hold both lvl 1 lands (1k and Archos).
    Having a limit for lands owned would make every weakling of a faction hold a land and brag about it. Is that fair? not in my book. Holding land should be something powerful and organized faction can do. So current setup in that regard is fine.

well dreavweaver Calamity owns 90% of the area.. why? becuase they have 200 players all active all demon/sage. and all equipped with absurd gear. eqinox owns like 4 peice of land is the only faction that can fight on even footing with calamity. and the last peice of land is held by dynasty the 3rd strongest faction who are holding on to lhe last peice of land.

there ARE no other faction that can stand up against calamity. there is no reason to even fight. ur lucky to last more than 5 min against them.

the next strongest factions have between 1-20 sage/demon.

even 20 vs 60 there is no way to win. they are the best no one can beat them. limiting the terrioty per faction would allow faction actully fight others rather than always getting 1 shot by a bunch of lvl 100s. that way the abusrdly powerful faction can fight each other and the rest of the server can actully play TW rather than effectively limiting the tw on the entire server to 600 people.

there wont be weakling factions holding lands there will be a bunch of medium faction 60-90 fighting each other rather than getting sqashed by people with rank 11 gear
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • TylerAD - Heavens Tear
    TylerAD - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    spam spam spam
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The flaw in the TW system is that any faction can hold every single peice of land, but they only have to defend any three at a time. THATS stupid.

Make it so that a factions defence is all on one day, and they have to try to defend every land they own in a single time slot. It would destroy any one faction holding more land then they can actually defend, and there would be a lot more variety. A faction would gain and lose land weekly, and only the truely strong would have more than 3/4 (Dependng on the possible factions that can attack the stronger at the time)
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    The flaw is the people. They keep saying they want competition, yet keep stacking to the strongest faction.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'd say max 5 defenses at once would increase competition.

Or make it wo where any one faction can only hold to a max of 40% of the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    never gonna happen. pwi doesn't solve problems.

/thread