What monsters can i tame at high levels and hatch at lvl 10

Options
IWillBite - Archosaur
IWillBite - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Hi, I'm wondering what are the monsters that my high lvled venomancer can tame, like darkwander ect... to give to my new venomancer to hatch at a low level like 10 or so??
Post edited by IWillBite - Archosaur on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can't hatch a pet egg higher than your level - so a level 10 veno will only be able to hatch eggs from mobs who were level 10 or below when tamed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Herc/nix??
    O.o'
    Not quite sure what the level limit be on those though. O wait you get the SoF or feathers. xD guess there be no level limit then?
    b:chuckle

Well sowwy, me don't has a veno or much veno pet related knowledge.
    D:

Just go with the wolfing?
    Like FatherTed sort of suggested?
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Wanderer is a level 9. If you have a higher level veno you should already somewhat know what the usual suspects are as far as commonly used pets are concerned. I would recommend farming for a tome before you start your new veno over. Even a 3x veno should be able to save enough for a christmas tome in a couple of weeks.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Herc/nix??
    O.o'
    Not quite sure what the level limit be on those though. O wait you get the SoF or feathers. xD guess there be no level limit then?
    b:chuckle

Well sowwy, me don't has a veno or much veno pet related knowledge.
    D:

Just go with the wolfing?
    Like FatherTed sort of suggested?
    xD

Hammy... -.-;;
    Nix/Herc start out at lv. 1 when hatched. So, yes.
    If you are willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a battle pet that is somewhat useless. Go for it.
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, at 3 there's a pollen scorpion and at 10 there's a dark wanderer. You'll probably want one of those two.

At 1 there's a Jaden Qingfu, that would last you until 17 when you can get a crystaline magmite (which I would recommend over a walker actually, unless you want to spend a lot of money reskilling pets), and replace a level later at 18 with a volcanic magmite (again, assuming you don't want to invest in reskilling... if you do, go for a walker).

That's pretty much it for the really low levels. There's some other random stuff you can use as tanks too like wolves or the adalwolf, but really because of the level restrictions to use pets there's not really much point in taming stuff for your new veno, because when you can use the pets you can tame it yourself anyways.

If you really want to get your veno something related to pets, get a tome. It is unimaginably useful.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Brael can you give more specific details why you would recommend the Magmite over the Walker please?
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because if you aren't investing in skills a volcanic magmite has two good aggro skills plus tough, a walker doesn't. That makes it more suited for tanking regular mobs.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because if you aren't investing in skills a volcanic magmite has two good aggro skills plus tough, a walker doesn't. That makes it more suited for tanking regular mobs.

Bwah? The volcanic has sandblow 1, roar 1 and tough 1... the walker has icicle 2, roar 2 and tough 2. The walker has better aggro skills than the magmite, plus a better level of tough.

Edit: My mistake, the volcanic has bash 1, sandblow 1 and tough 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Roar is good for taking aggro back, not for holding it.

As far as aggro is concerned on skills there's two parts that are combined for total aggro. First is skill use itself, and this is the majority of the aggro, the other part is the damage done. Icicle 2 or even Icicle 5 is weaker than two level 1 skills which would give the advantage to a volcanic magmite. It's the best tank pet with two good aggro skills (tough gives it an edge over a crystaline).

If you're not going to skill a pet, you would be better off going with the volcanic. And by skilling a pet I mean, giving it skills as soon as it can use them, not when you can easily afford them. If you're going to wait and not skill a pet at 20 and 40 but plan to eventually, then use the volcanic until you want to skill a walker and then raise the walker real fast in cube followed by giving it skills.