DW Server has Warsoul

Comments

• Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    HT has warsoul for over 1 month.. gratz anyway.

HT came out like 6 months before dw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    simplified, Perfect World Entertainment, its ownership company, subsidieries ect are all being sued for 2 years of royalties, theft of facial software, pretty much every infringement u can think of, considering the money it makes u can expect it to be in the millions, more than enough to start shutting down games/servers, why u think forsaken world which was due for release over 3 months ago has ground to a sudden halt :P umm coz pwe wont be able to afford to publish it

Personally, I doubt that that lawsuit has much behind it.

The facial modeling capabilities used in perfect world are very different from the ones I've seen in other games which support facial customization. If you have spent any time customizing your character's face you will know that our customization mostly consists of stuff like positioning and sizing simple geometric solids, and picking textures and colors.

Their claiming patent on that seems disreputable, at best. And you could probably go back to DaVinci (for example) if you wanted to be documenting prior art.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We've got 2 warsouls on game now...quick someone set off an EMP near the pwi servers and show why spending money on pixels isn't smart. b:avoid
    fulgida wrote: »
    Personally, I doubt that that lawsuit has much behind it.

The facial modeling capabilities used in perfect world are very different from the ones I've seen in other games which support facial customization. If you have spent any time customizing your character's face you will know that our customization mostly consists of stuff like positioning and sizing simple geometric solids, and picking textures and colors.

Their claiming patent on that seems disreputable, at best. And you could probably go back to DaVinci (for example) if you wanted to be documenting prior art.

This is a lot like the whole Microsoft v Macintosh thing that happened when Windows came out. It was decided that Microsoft had the right to produce something similar as long as it was not exactly the same. Hence the birth of reverse engineering software.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I laugh at some peoples logic

In plenty of posts Warsoul is the goal

Now someone gets one (buys one with real cash?) and he's criticised.

Someone else says theres no achievement in buying pixels........

Here's my take on all this garbage.
    1 - everyone spends money on something. I bet Bill Gates spent millions this year on useless things, yet he probably spent millions on charities too.

2 - you dont know the circumstances of the warsoul owner. its his business what he spends his money on - and spending money on pixels? What the h e l l do you think you're doing by paying for the internet and getting involved in this forums. Its all different form of binary code people - nothing but 0's and 1's.

3 - whether you spend $0, $1 or $1000 on this game, and whether you oracle or whether you grind and level, there is no ACHIEVEMENT at all in this or any other pixel. Its entertainment. If you want achievement walk outside your house and do free work with the homeless, disabled elderly etc

Metaphor for the philisophical:

Guy says to girl at a bar, "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"
    "Sure," she says
    Guy says, "Would you sleep with me for a thousand dollars?"
    "Mmmmm, yeah I would," she replies with some thought
    Guys says, "Would you sleep with me for ten dollars?"
    "WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM," she yells in disgust
    Guys says, "Oh I already know what you are, now I'm working on the price."

Now think about what you and everyone else spends on any form of pixels.......
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    when come back, bring me pie.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    want pie now!!
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    HT came out like 6 months before dw

Really? *date check post*

edit: You're right.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Who says that warsoul for barb is a fail b:angry

4d782b75c0.jpg
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Who says that warsoul for barb is a fail b:angry

4d782b75c0.jpg

mmmm M60E4 *drool*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    when come back, bring me pie.

OMG cheze where the hell have you been? We all miss you so much. b:dirty
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    want pie now!!

Mage too!!! b:cry you guys need to come back.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Good Game. Rank 9 > Warsoul

30K USD down the drain.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL not only did he not get 9jun...he picked the bad weapon gg pwe keep raking in those dollars
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    -wow 30k Dollars for a tiny fragile script on a who knows where server ?? behold the new way to get robbed.. I would rather give that money to a family of 15 living on a south-american region, at least I would have some sort of more factual satisfaction.. OMG.. what happened to some ppls brains? ...

I dont get why people feel the need to make such thing known.. this doesnt make me admire the person in anywhere near a good way.. but all the other way around... spending (donating) a little to a game it's one thing but that is just nothing to be proud of.. not a bit
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What kind of heavy cash shopper would waste money on warsoul?b:shocked
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "decrease magic defense" on a warsoul? on a archer? LOL owned much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalx
    kalx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "decrease magic defense" on a warsoul? on a archer? LOL owned much

He will 1 hit you with his magical attacks, owned much?b:chuckle

Go die in a hole!b:bye
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kalx wrote: »
    Summer your so awesome, please let me be your slave

il think about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalx
    edited August 2010
    il think about it

b:thanks
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kalx wrote: »

Go die in a hole!b:bye

You first b:chuckle
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • kalx
    edited August 2010
    You first b:chuckle

I better get digging thenb:avoid
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'll save all you the time.

/tosses all you people keeping this thread alive into an incinerator.

/puts feet up for a nice cold drink to enjoy a hard days work.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    See the problem is it doesn't make him less of a oneshot to 90% of a pvp server. Now I know why he has his blue name on ijs :P
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    it's not pixels, it's not scripts, it's a database entry
    and if you think twice, almost everything is a database entry.
    your house, your car, your degree, your bank account, your credit card
    this database entry provides him pleasure as the database entry for your house provides you shelter etc

vbarbie wrote: »
    -wow 30k Dollars for a tiny fragile script on a who knows where server ?? behold the new way to get robbed.. I would rather give that money to a family of 15 living on a south-american region, at least I would have some sort of more factual satisfaction.. OMG.. what happened to some ppls brains? ...

I dont get why people feel the need to make such thing known.. this doesnt make me admire the person in anywhere near a good way.. but all the other way around...

what happened to your brain?
    cant you realise that people have different dreams/wishes/needs?
    cant you realise that there are people that could spend 30k$ on a warsoul, 30k$ on donations, 30k$ for clothes etc?

stop judging everyone like 30k$ is all the money he has and chose to "waste" them on a warsoul. or like he sold his house for a warsoul. it's obvious that for some people 30k$ has the value that 30$ have for some other people. would you spend 30$ on a warsoul or send them to a family somewhere? or maybe 30$ for warsoul and 30$ for the family?
    vbarbie wrote: »
    spending (donating) a little to a game it's one thing but that is just nothing to be proud of.. not a bit

why? he certainly paid a lot of this game's expenses, keeping it free for the rest.
    he contributed in our pleasure (and got a reward)

how is his donation less valuable than your donation to a family?
    sure, the need for food is more important than the need for entertainment but that doesnt mean that it's worthless and something that he should be ashamed of.
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'll save all you the time.

/tosses all you people keeping this thread alive into an incinerator.

/puts feet up for a nice cold drink to enjoy a hard days work.

That makes you one of them ohh and me also .

Some people have more money than sense but if you can afford it and feel comfortable spending that sort of cash on pixels then good for you i hope you enjoy it for a long time.

After all there are people who **** it up the wall every weekend or gamble it away and they have nothing to show for the cash either apart from in some cases broken marriages and wrecked lives.
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    it's not pixels, it's not scripts, it's a database entry
    and if you think twice, almost everything is a database entry.
    your house, your car, your degree, your bank account, your credit card
    this database entry provides him pleasure as the database entry for your house provides you shelter etc

It is pixels. My house is made of bricks and mortar i can feel and toutch . I can draw cash from a hole in the wall which i can feel ind use. My car gets me from A to B in comfort. It needs fuel which i have to put into it to keep it running .

Pixels you cant feel you cant toutch you cant smell all you can do is admire it on your screen .

Im not saying hes wrong to spend that sort of cash he earns it he spends it how he sees fit. Just dont confuse pixel with materialistic items .
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so many jealous people

people even showed it when the sin from HT got his warsoul

See the problem is it doesn't make him less of a oneshot to 90% of a pvp server. Now I know why he has his blue name on ijs :P

yuppppp because 90% of a pvp server can one shot a 13k hp unbuffed archer

brb making up stuff
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • NightRaid - Lost City
    NightRaid - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would laugh silly if he drops that b:laugh

Some one needs to get that guy red some how and pk him.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well im pretty sure he has bought a few GS or bounded the bow.Or he will use safety lock. So sorry to disappoint you he wont drop itb:chuckle.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is pixels. My house is made of bricks and mortar i can feel and toutch . I can draw cash from a hole in the wall which i can feel ind use. My car gets me from A to B in comfort. It needs fuel which i have to put into it to keep it running .

Pixels you cant feel you cant toutch you cant smell all you can do is admire it on your screen .
    Agreed that there's a difference between material and virtual goods. However, there are already lots of well-established virtual goods that people pay money for. Books, TV, magazines, photos, movies, sporting events, concerts, software, art. For that matter, modern money and credit cards are also completely virtual (just strictly regulated).

Given how freely people spend money on the above items with little criticism, the lambasting people get here for spending money to purchase an item in a game is largely unjustified. If the increase in enjoyment is worth the purchase price for the buyer, then the payment is justified. Whether you or I think it's worth it is irrelevant. I wouldn't pay a cent to watch or go to a football game, but many people pay on the order of 10% of their annual gross income each year doing just that because it's worth it to them.

(I say "largely" unjustified because the online entertainment industry is young and has yet to incorporate performance guarantees into their purchases. If you spend $100 on concert tickets and the concert is canceled, you are eligible for a refund. If you spend $100 on a game weapon, there's no guarantee that the game will stick around long enough for you to enjoy it. So there is still some justification for criticism.)
This discussion has been closed.