Demon or sage

TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
Yes yes i know there are many threads talking about demon vs sage. But im asking for my specific needs and likes , etc; that and i like to start conversations

ive always thought i was sure i wanted to be sage cleric, i like pve and healing parties. But, i also like pvp (i came from Rising force online, its all pvp).

Apart from that, ever since i got cloud eruption ive been finding myself with too much(if there is a thing) chi. I only started considering demon when i beat a demon barb in a duel(most barbs latley in fact cant beat me) and i dono...the dark side is tempting me. I know i havent seen the really hard instances yet, but sofar my heals have never been lacking, but that could very well change later on(never been past this level)

Tell me of the great times, or woes you have had as a sage or demon cleric >.>.
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You have 7 lvls to go so that gives you plenty of time and when it does like I helped somebody else here.I told them to take their time as we can't decide this for you.It has to be something you want and what do you see yourself doing most of.

You might of beaten a demon Barb but try a sage Barb which I know quite a few of as most go that route.You can't lose in either direction with Cleric which is why it make it so hard to decide on.I would study the skills and see what is more appealing personally I like demon Iron Heart and Plume Shot.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You have 7 lvls to go so that gives you plenty of time and when it does like I helped somebody else here.I told them to take their time as we can't decide this for you.It has to be something you want and what do you see yourself doing most of.

You might of beaten a demon Barb but try a sage Barb which I know quite a few of as most go that route.You can't lose in either direction with Cleric which is why it make it so hard to decide on.I would study the skills and see what is more appealing personally I like demon Iron Heart and plume shot .

This is one of the things that tempt me so >.> the abality to restore mp with iron heart sounds awsome, but then again, so does sage crono seal and its epic long nap time. lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitbybit
    bitbybit Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sage eps actualy use less mp food then demon. Tripple spark recovers 20% mp you get a 50 chi gaining skill every minute + sage wield thunder gives you more chi. Believe it or not I could heal with IH most instances without using a single pot. All that changed when I got lvl 11 ironheart which costs 400 mana per cast and now Im begging people to let me open BB instead of spamming IH .
    As for getting free mp from a skill sage spirits gift (mag attck buff) gains 300 free mana each cast and it casts twice as fast as ironheart.
    All sage seals are better becaose they last longer.
    All sage heals are much better in my opinion squad heal of 26m is preaty cool, ironheart heals more, wellspring casts faster.
    Where demon excels is the 25% channeling spark, demon wield thunder which debuffs metal def, rez, perhaps tempest which can paralyze 25% of the time, and maybe metal mastery if youre a crit freak.
    Though casting sage tempest with only 1 spark 50% of the time actualy is a lot cooler than it sounds and will make your aoe skills a lot more viable. For example if timed right you can get in tempest sirens kill undel BM dragons and still have a spark left over.
    If you are focused on support I would have to say sage clerics have a little bit of an edge over demon. For pvp I would have to say its a close call demon dmg skills seem better from description although the sleep and paralyze skill even things out a bit. Casting a tripple sparked tempest absolutely depends on your sleep lasting long enough. One thing I would love to see is the effect of a tripple sparked tempest under wield thunder debuff elemental seal and extreme poison + elemental weakness genie skills. Not sure if it can be timed correctly though.

Both paths are equaly valid and are preaty close to each other and you will love whichever path you choose and if youre still undecided go with whichever fairy looks preatier b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is one of the things that tempt me so >.> the abality to restore mp with iron heart sounds awsome, but then again, so does sage crono seal and its epic long nap time. lol
    tbh i dont think youll see much of a diff. tho especially when your busy. Id rather my spell keep someone alive and moving than saving me mp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    bitbybit wrote: »
    Sage eps actualy use less mp food then demon. Tripple spark recovers 20% mp you get a 50 chi gaining skill every minute + sage wield thunder gives you more chi. Believe it or not I could heal with IH most instances without using a single pot. All that changed when I got lvl 11 ironheart which costs 400 mana per cast

Sage Spirit's Gift = Rarely need the use of MP Pots in an instance b:cute
    tbh i dont think youll see much of a diff. tho especially when your busy. Id rather my spell keep someone alive and moving than saving me mp

From what I understand that MP recovery is not yours but whoevers you are using IH on...I could be wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010

From what I understand that MP recovery is not yours but whoevers you are using IH on...I could be wrong...
    oh yeah i remember it now :o

its a special skill for barbs and melee who cant afford lv30 magic pots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    oh yeah i remember it now :o

its a special skill for barbs and melee who cant afford lv30 magic pots

I thought so...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    bitbybit wrote: »
    As for getting free mp from a skill sage spirits gift (mag attck buff) gains 300 free mana each cast and it casts twice as fast as ironheart.

This is the same are demon Celestial Guardian Seal.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    demon ih + demon stream = <3
    not to mention demon wield thunder and demon spark
    demon win hands down, no contest
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is the same are demon Celestial Guardian Seal.

Demon Celestial Guardian Seal gives the target the mp, not the caster ):
    though it's not thaaaaaat hard to switch between yourself and the tanker when healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    don't sage clerics recover MP with spirit's gift?

I know sage / demon is balanced... Besides, clerics can recover their own MP by like 305 MP each spirit's gift if they cast it on themselves. And not sure if it actually stacks. But 900 MP for 15 secs is pretty easy to execute since it is a faster casting than heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm demon and I cannot say I have ever been upset with my choice. The main thing that really pushed demon for me is the rez. The half chan has saved my *** plenty of times and will save it many more. But really both sage and demon for clerics is very well balanced and either way you go, it makes pretty much no difference.

On Iron Heart, demon most definitely restores mana to the target. Though alot of people have said its not very useful to a cleric, here are a couple (random) things I found demon ih is nice for.

-I use IH on myself to build chi, since if you include mp regen it has basically no cost.
    -aoe grinding (I know most people don't do it anymore) is more profitable since I really do use far fewer pots.
    -(most obscure reason I could come up with, but it has actually helped me with) bosses like the water boss in warsong (can't think of any others like him). but if you have a Veno tank him them always having full mp is nice since they can soul transfuse to buy you time for when you get stuck in the stupid bubble.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Demon Celestial Guardian Seal gives the target the mp, not the caster ):
    though it's not thaaaaaat hard to switch between yourself and the tanker when healing.
    This gives the castor mana back to

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillep.php

Celestial Guardian's Seal (89)

Demon version recovers 900 MP over 15 seconds.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes yes i know there are many threads talking about demon vs sage. But im asking for my specific needs and likes , etc; that and i like to start conversations

ive always thought i was sure i wanted to be sage cleric, i like pve and healing parties. But, i also like pvp (i came from Rising force online, its all pvp).

i woudl say sage/demon is balanced. demon got a small edge in solo pvp (metal attacks deal more dammage/ debuffs/ higher crit/ spirit gift is just plain pro. while sage helps out alot in team pk (gank, random faction vs faction at west gate) wich happen to be what most pve servers end up withb:surrender longer lasting seals/ better heals, better def buff and plume shell/ phys attack gets a small boost

Apart from that, ever since i got cloud eruption ive been finding myself with too much(if there is a thing)no such thing chi. I only started considering demon when i beat a demon barb in a duel(most barbs latley in fact cant beat me) and i dono...the dark side is tempting me. I know i havent seen the really hard instances yet, but sofar my heals have never been lacking, but that could very well change later on(never been past this level)
    dont really know about endgame instances but as for TW, better heals > mana. always full chi > just enough chi. i am not fortunate enough to have enough affinity for cloud eruption cause i usedthem all on "holy cow GTFO" and immunity skillsb:surrender but TBH i already use all my engery on those so sage chi gain helps alotb:surrender

Tell me of the great times, or woes you have had as a sage or demon cleric >.>.
    not a good story teller sorry =(
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sage hits pretty hard and has better Ironheart. 10% extra heal doesn't seem much but it is a lot. I find demon more Pvp wise, demon wield thunder is just sexy.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...