fishing skill!

Caseyd - Dreamweaver
Caseyd - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Suggestion Box
i think that PWI should create a skill for fishing. sometimes i get bored from doing quests and grinding and want to relax and do something enjoyable. and i think a fishing skill would fix that for me. and maybe i could make some extra cash from selling fishb:chuckle well if you vote for fishing by replying to this thread then maybe they will make it. thx everyoneb:bye
cleric--dreamweaver

~LIVING LEGACY~
Post edited by Caseyd - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think that PWI should create a skill for fishing. sometimes i get bored from doing quests and grinding and want to relax and do something enjoyable. and i think a fishing skill would fix that for me. and maybe i could make some extra cash from selling fishb:chuckle well if you vote for fishing by replying to this thread then maybe they will make it. thx everyoneb:bye

go play rune/scape(lol thats a swear without the dash?)b:cute
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PWI not rune/scape. Maybe they should add a Firemaking skill too. Oh joy!
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • Kraanium - Sanctuary
    Kraanium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Almost positive referencing *THATGAME* is against the rules.
    I do however agree with you, a fishing skill would be a great addition to the game.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Fishing is one of my favorite activities now, actually :)
    'round lvl35-55 you get all kinds of fun stuff along Widow's Coast and Shattered Jade Shore (planesharks, piranhas, threshers and bloodthirsty sharks...)
    After that it gets a bit dull, as they stop being much of a challenge. Later on, you can hunt Clam Scouts and Dragonmaids in the bay east of Arch. And of course, there's always turtles.

Most of the stuff I've named is mostly (or pure) physical attack. You might find the mermaids and undines to be a better mark, being the squishy magic type. ;)
  • Caseyd - Dreamweaver
    Caseyd - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i dont like "that game" at all. but most mmo's ive played has had fishing in it. and it can be very enjoyable. and could make PWI just that much better then all the other mmosb:victory
    cleric--dreamweaver

~LIVING LEGACY~
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    'round lvl35-55 you get all kinds of fun stuff along Widow's Coast and Shattered Jade Shore (planesharks, piranhas, threshers and bloodthirsty sharks...)
    After that it gets a bit dull, as they stop being much of a challenge. Later on, you can hunt Clam Scouts and Dragonmaids in the bay east of Arch. And of course, there's always turtles.

Most of the stuff I've named is mostly (or pure) physical attack. You might find the mermaids and undines to be a better mark, being the squishy magic type. ;)

I hate water quests.

Especially considering they broke the venos passive swimming mastery skill. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009

oh God...dragonmaids *shudder*
    that was a charm-breaking pot-chugging being slowed and violated from all sides experience. they spawned so damn fast!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This should be in the suggestion forum.I don' want to fish for sharks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw47oP0so9g it reminds me of this.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    fishing in pwi = grinding on fish mobs
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    fishing in pwi = grinding on fish mobs

True, that is what I meant.
    But I found it very relaxing, and was rather saddened when even the bloodthirsties were no longer useful to grind on :(
    Nice to have Clam Scouts to pester now.

(And I do agree with Quilue - dragonmaids were awful. *shudder*)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Throws the bait......and falls a sleep. Yep we are gonna catch a big one this way.
    b:dirty
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Going "fishing" would require boat rentals. lol

I can imagine going to the boat npc saying 'sorry all the boats have been rented out, please come back later'.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I can imagine going to the boat npc saying 'sorry all the boats have been rented out, please come back later'.
    lolb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Jade Dynasty has a daily fishing event, and the same devs made that and PWI so.....
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
  • Sidel - Dreamweaver
    Sidel - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they can just give us an auto fishing button so we can keep up with bots.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2009

As long there's no NPC with an affro hairdo on the shore sayin' 'The lake/river is closed', is ok with me.

however, what you could get from fishin'? materials? fish for sale to NPCs like the ragged furs? or maybe some lucky guys get DQ items?
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quov - Harshlands
    Quov - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Personally id LOVE to have fishing in this game being as im already a big fan another addition to the game like this would pretty much poll vault it over every other mmo or rpg game ive played.
    I reached for you to save me but you were frozen in your fear.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9007506002&dateline=1247555862[/SIGPIC]
    Can you hear me screaming out or am i all alone?
  • morkintash
    morkintash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think fishing would be great! It could make a perfect past time for making easy money and take a break from the quest but me being new to this game and its comunity everything about this game is amazing and i don't plan on taking many breaks from it b:laugh
    The river tells no lies. Though standing on the shore the dishonest man still hears them.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Necro necro necro.

Also can we catch tideborns while fishing?
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Necro again? Another kick up your backsides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.