Crystalline Magmite v.s. Eldergoth Warrior

Pretty_lady - Lost City
Pretty_lady - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Hey, I want to know which would make a better tank or just a good pet for taking out higher level ground mobs. And also other than a phoenix what is the best flying pet for PvP.
Post edited by Pretty_lady - Lost City on

Comments

• Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Magmite for tanking, sawfly for air pvp pet.
    *Semi retired*
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes, Safly on 67 lvl and me on 75 lvl I could beat barb on 70 lvl in ALL 6 duels(in 7 he just run out b:chuckle)! and if you will lvling ur pets properly(Magmite: Bash&Tought; Safly(Fleash Ream and whatever.. ) they are best* in alll u want b:victory

** Except nix and herc ofc ..
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes, Safly on 67 lvl and me on 75 lvl I could beat barb on 70 lvl in ALL 6 duels(in 7 he just run out )! and if you will lvling ur pets properly(Magmite: Bash&Tought; Safly(Fleash Ream and whatever.. ) they are best* in alll u want b:victory

** Except nix and herc ofc ..

DUEL? WTH is that???????b:chuckle

Just kidding, but barbs, really barbs are in PvP, duels mean nothingb:bye

Bad **** PvP server attitude!b:cute
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What is wrong with Foxwing?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What is wrong with Foxwing?

Low damage.
    *Semi retired*
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and ugliest air pet ever! b:chuckle
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How come sawfly's are harder to lvl up.I would say that Crystalline and Volcanic Magmites are overated compared to Torgirns.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How come sawfly's are harder to lvl up.I would say that Crystalline and Volcanic Magmites are overated compared to Torgirns.

the Magmites have been stats than Torgirns.

Sawfly aren't harder to level up, they're just a bit squishy.
  • uchihananao
    uchihananao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wich one do you think its the strongest of these two?? b:pleased
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Glacial walker is the better melee tank, without a doubt.

That said, there are bosses the goth can tank before the walker, by taking advantage of its ranged attack capability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For tanking im very happy with my Glacial Walker. He has more HP then the Crystaline and slightly better magic defence which i learned to love since suddenly all mobs try to nuke us away. XD Besides that i think the Walker looks better but thats personal taste.b:chuckle

I have no clue about the Eldergoth Warriors stats but im pretty sure hes not a ranged pet like the Marksman and the Sharpshooter, or is he? *confused*
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No, the warrior is melee. Sort of squishy too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    lol yes thats what i said. ;-)
    The OP asked especially for the Eldergoth Warrior at the thread title. Then you answered the goth can take advantage of its ranged attacks so one could get the impression the warriors have ranged too. And thats what confused me cos i tought only Sharpshooter and Marksman type Eldergoth have ranged attack. b:surrender
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey! As both an ethnic Goth and as someone who spent most of high school skipping class to smoke and listen to The Cure and Echo and the Bunnymen i'm a bit offended you're using the term to refer to the ugly apes...

Not as offended as i am by emo vamp kids, but you know, still...
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    100% off topic but....
    MUAHAHAb:laugh

Yes i totaly see your point MANray.
    Ah yes The Cure....good old times. But then we got overun by emo kidz and visual key fangirls and boys who thought its cool and totaly missed the point of everything they listened too. Suddenly our happy places where flooded by them and it wasnt even fun to go there anymore.b:cry
    So i just stick with the music and stay far away from my old happy places.b:sad
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Some of the emo girls are actually kind of cute so i wouldn't exactly recommend completely staying away from the old haunts, which in my case are mostly hardcore punk joints emos are usually too scared to enter anyway. I would recommend asking for proof of age however...

And i've got tickets for The Pixies in October, even emos can't ruin that. b:sin
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Now you made me all nostaligic.b:pleased

Enjoy the concert, im just a tiny bit jealous. b:laugh
    Yes maybe its time to check the old places again, i wonder if they still play Britney Spears to get the people outta the club at 5am. b:laugh
    Even tho im not into cute emo girls (im female).b:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Yea, i sometimes miss the old days too, can't even smoke indoors now...

And the concert will be the second time i'll get to see Kim Deal playing live, which i'm pretty excited about.

Although for some strange reason most of the women i've dated seem to be also attracted to cute emo girls... I would encourage my ex to come out of the closet, except we still get together from time to time.

As for Britney, yea, they still pretty much do that. The thing is i've fortunately outgrown that stage in my life where i really couldn't stand pop music, and Britney i've even grown to like since my best friend is a huge fan. She's got great taste in music (her favorite band is Pulp) but i guess she's still got some residual tendencies from her cheerleader days, another one of the cool things about having left high school behind is you stop moving in cliques and get to know people with very different outlooks on life.

Nowadays i'm happy to say we go out to just have fun with whatever they throw at us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII&ob=av3e
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Waaaah i cant look at the vid forbidden in my country. Just have to love that. XD

There are only very few songs/music styles left where i still run like hell. One is german folk music. On the other hand i always found it funnyer to sit there and watch the expression of panic showing on the others faces when suddenly everyone tried to hit the exit at once.b:laugh
    Yes it is weird how people can hate each other just because they listen to diffrent kinds of music.b:chuckle
    I dunno, i like my closet, itll be sad if i leave for long.b:laugh

I think we off-topiced the trhead. :3
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Shame about the video, is a fun one...

And yea, we totalled this thread. b:chuckle

Thread's original topic was a bit dumb when you got down to the warrior actually being melee however... And comparing raged Eldergoths to Walkers was always a bit of a stretch, they have such different uses you could keep both in your pet bag.
  • Uchiha_nanao - Raging Tide
    Uchiha_nanao - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok, ty for the help!
    uchiha_nanao/venomancer lvl95-Leviathan b:pleased
    _Nayra_/Seeker lvl48- Naughty b:cute