A Question.

DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I have a legit question for the mods and GMs.

Why is it that with every topic that is to the point of logic, you consider spam or flame threads.

For example http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=844162, why was this thread moved to the lower depths and closed? I see no flaming nor trolling, so what is the logic of closing the thread? Because people are posting their OPINIONS?

So that is my question for you. I can bet this will be closed for flaming or trolling, when it's a legit question.

Yes people will flame or troll it's their cry for attention, it happens.
BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
Post edited by DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The Best way to get an answer is to go here:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

Then maybe you will get some answers.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Those that run these forums are starting to go down a bad road. A road where it is a crime to speak out about the bad things that are seen. A road that attempts to hide the bad & pretend everything is a-ok!. If nothing bad is on the forums, then everyone must be enjoying the game.

"Everything's fine, nothing to see here, move along!"
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They will be along shortly to close this one too... spam "already enough posts about this issue"

/inb4lock
  • jennyguo
    jennyguo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol at the irony of "closing this because other threads has also complained that we close down legitimate threads"
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    At last just moving or delete a thread.
    There other company that ban player that making a thread or post in forum about flooding gold seller/bot in game.
    Why ? I don't know for the one that banning . . b:embarrass . . maybe to spread fear ?
    " do not say complains in forum " or you will get banned b:shocked
    ironically it was one of the most success mmo that has tons player base and almost every server is p2p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This thread will be locked

if you want to know why a particular thread is closed, PM a moderator or GM they will tell you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited August 2010

if you want to know why a particular thread is closed, PM a moderator or GM they will tell you a lie.

fixed :D
  • jennyguo
    jennyguo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Seriously michael_dark I dont get u. How come sometimes u can make such insightful comments and others u just provide something so....messed up? PM a GM or Mod for a response? Have you ever tried it and worked? Have they ever responded (on an odd day that they do) with anything other than a copy-and-pasted answer? Come on.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    jennyguo wrote: »
    Seriously michael_dark I dont get u. How come sometimes u can make such insightful comments and others u just provide something so....messed up? PM a GM or Mod for a response? Have you ever tried it and worked? Have they ever responded (on an odd day that they do) with anything other than a copy-and-pasted answer? Come on.

No, because when a Mod or GM kills a thread, having been a mod at a relatively large forum myself, it's easy to see why. If you can't understand why, either you're not looking at it objectively or from their perspective.

Do I agree with it? Not usually. This board is owned and run by them and they can moderate it however they wish.

Honestly, they're quite lenient about what goes on in here, many other forums are far more strict.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010

if you want to know why a particular thread is closed, PM a moderator or GM they will tell you.

+1 To This
    jennyguo wrote: »

Actually, it does work. Multiple times I've had to PM a Mod or GM, and I have actually gotten replies back.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've never received a reply the one time that I PMed frankie about a locked thread.b:chuckle

But yeah, you'll get the same reply as always; "If there is a problem with a thread closure, please pm one of the mods etc etc".b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."