Forsaken Why?

ChubbIez - Heavens Tear
ChubbIez - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Chronicles
In all of the "QQ" threads that crop up, I see at least one and usually more than one person say "I'm just waiting for FW to come."
My question to you is this:
WHY do you believe that game will be any better than PWI?

*Do consider that PWI, JD, BoI, and FW are all run by Perfect World Entertainment, and that the company's management and marketing strategies have not seemed to change much from one game to the next so far.
Post edited by ChubbIez - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    o.o'
    Whys not?
    b:bye
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    OP shouldn't have posted the spoiler at the end. It would be so much more fun people figuring that out on their own, when they get fed up with this game, go to FW, and.. oops.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    FW seems to have much better graphics (I personally don't care a whole lot about that, but others do) and... well...

Vampires.

I don't have very high hopes for FW, but trying out new games is always fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Does it hurt to try new games? If it's bad, then just quit. I'm looking forward to FW myself, but I have no idea how it's going to turn out. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In all of the "QQ" threads that crop up, I see at least one and usually more than one person say "I'm just waiting for FW to come."
    My question to you is this:
    WHY do you believe that game will be any better than PWI?

*Do consider that PWI, JD, BoI, and FW are all run by Perfect World Entertainment, and that the company's management and marketing strategies have not seemed to change much from one game to the next so far.

we cant wait for FW to come out because it will be good, for about 3-4 years, thats how long it took the Devs to ** up PW into a raving **** hole like it is atm...so hell, lets make the best of it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited August 2010
    Guess what class me will be.
    b:avoid
    No, me not going to be a stone hamster protector like during alpha testing.

*ninjas ChubbIez*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChubbIez - Heavens Tear
    ChubbIez - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    EDIT: Wow, I type slow today. Ninja'd 5 times. >_<

It's a serious question asked in perfect (if somewhat befuddled) honesty Hamsta, and an equally serious answer would be nice.

Better graphics? Improved gameplay? "Because it's new and shiny and I want to try it out"?

The reason for the caveat above is because most of the time I see the "waiting for FW" comment in relation to complaints or other PWI whining, with the implication that these people are planning to move to FW with the expectation that things will somehow be better. And I'm not saying that expectation isn't wholly unrealistic, either, but I do find it puzzling in some ways.

-Since the game is developed here, it should not be prone to the same bugs or "botting fixes" as PWI, and it won't require weeks of consultation with devs who only speak Mandarin in order to fix or tweak anything
    -On the other hand, complaints levelled at things like PWI's pack sales will likely crop right back up again. BOI's been out only a few months, and already they've seen a version of the tiger pack.

Mods will probably close and LD this thread later for "discussing other games," but while it's open I hope for an actual, serious discussion.
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    how about why im posting with lvl1 alt? we will see how FW goes..so far it looks much better than PW and in PW after lvl100 theres nothing to do except if ur on PvP server
    edited August 2010
    how about why im posting with lvl1 alt? we will see how FW goes..so far it looks much better than PW and in PW after lvl100 theres nothing to do except if ur on PvP server

Me see the number "25" on your avatar.
    D:
    EDIT: Wow, I type slow today. Ninja'd 5 times. >_<

And you even had your incoming post predicted by me.
    o_O'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Torchlight MMO will be marketed by PWE. Unfortunately it's still a long way off, although Torchlight 2 is coming out at some point as a stop-gap measure.

The MMO will absolutely rule, IMO. I base this on the fact that Torchlight single-player is awesome (albeit limited in scope, and if you know the history you already know why), and the actual game design is done by the same two people who designed Diablo I+II, and for them they've made it clear that Gameplay is always king, never Marketing.

Put it this way, here's a quote from one of the designers: "I will never, ever buy a microtransaction item, I'm that kind of player. And the game has to be enjoyable for me, too. We don't want our monetisation stuff to offer ways to skip the game because the game is boring."

So yeah, I'd play another game by PWE if that game was awesome. Why wouldn't I?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited August 2010
    Me see the number "25" on your avatar.
    D:

o_O'
    me see i cant post my main avatar so click mah name :D
    edited August 2010
    me see i cant post my main avatar so click mah name :D

Nevah!~~
    b:infuriated
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Nevah!~~
    b:infuriated

i bet u like it :P
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am always waiting b:dirty
    Almost every games today ask money anyway even offline console game b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    FW seems to have much better graphics (I personally don't care a whole lot about that, but others do) and... well...

Vampires.

I don't have very high hopes for FW, but trying out new games is always fun.

It's really NOT a new game though.

It's basically a more ambitious MOD for engine, much like JD or other games using the same engine. It's a re-skinned PWI. From what I saw and heard, they're probably reusing sounds and at least one or two skill animations.

It's the same outdated engine.

It's the differently modeled low-polygon objects.

Take PW-Rising Tide and make a game out of it, and that's what you get.

Reskinned user interface graphics, new menu/quest layout.

Autopathing does seem to be improved.

Instead of muted dull colors, it's more pastel and cartoonish like Raging Tide expansion areas.

It reminded me of another F2P four letter word game that starts with A and ends with A.

It's another PWE game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • jennyguo
    jennyguo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It may be another PWE game but how long do u think they'll wait before they ruin it? If it's a year or 2, I'll gladly play it. But if they are going to ruin it as soon as it comes out then I guess the choice is obvious.
    edited August 2010
    The feature The feature b:shutup
    Check blogs that always updating news for the game b:shocked
    See the screenshot & gameplay videos b:angry
    Look where the wars is b:dirty
    Though PWE once again repeat the catshop mode . . it's more like goblinshop though . . nooohhh
    O try first at last or look when people playing it . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-JLfUKyTK4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzbIbW1VA0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls66H7GHlbc

It's just a PW Mod. Everything is basically the same, it just looks different. :<
  • Rainie_days - Heavens Tear
    Rainie_days - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im looking forward to FW, too..
    if they dont implement those PACKS into the game... b:angry
    -Caesar's Gravekeeper- b:sad
    edited August 2010
    im looking forward to FW, too..
    if they dont implement those PACKS into the game... b:angry

Honestly, why wouldn't they? It makes them loads of money.
  • jennyguo
    jennyguo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The question is when will they do it? As soon as it comes out? Or wait a year or so? That makes a huge difference
    edited August 2010
    It's true most PWE games use same engine for flexibility of changing codes and poly.
    The difference FW actually has base camp/house for faction and lots of them. (from the current information faction must fight another faction for the house so not every faction get it, but there lots of them since they were in the sky)
    Lots of instance for every lv (seem you can play instance that doesn't have mobs at all just testing team play)
    And who wouldn't like variety of player size b:chuckle compare dwarf size to a stoneman b:laugh

Read FW features here b:thanks
    http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/search/label/forsaken%20world
    Let's just hope they won't borrow packs so quickly or at last nerf the pack o.0 . . since there 2 kind of currency in game . . 1 is untradeable the other is used for trade between players

Hm . . i forget that PWE using their own engine : Angelica 3D Engine which always get updated
    the difference is PW made from the core of Angelica FW is made from the updated one

On some interview dev say FW created with western player in mind, which mean not so much grind and more in game achievement instead of buying the achievement. They trying to do it on PW but seem going wrong . . (with all oracle, hyper, etc etc ) since the game already grind fest from the core.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    It's true most PWE games use same engine for flexibility of changing codes and poly.
    The difference FW actually has base camp/house for faction and lots of them. (from the current information faction must fight another faction for the house so not every faction get it, but there lots of them since they were in the sky)
    Lots of instance for every lv (seem you can play instance that doesn't have mobs at all just testing team play)
    And who wouldn't like variety of player size b:chuckle compare dwarf size to a stoneman b:laugh

Read FW features here b:thanks
    http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/search/label/forsaken%20world
    Let's just hope they won't borrow packs so quickly or at last nerf the pack o.0 . . since there 2 kind of currency in game . . 1 is untradeable the other is used for trade between players

Yes, they do it so they don't need to re-equip the designers. They use the same old editing software, all they need to do is design new mobs, design new animations and a new map.

The game engine is way out-dated.

Why don't they use a new engine? Cost and development time.

Honestly, once I leave PW, I don't want to go to another PW. That's all it will really be.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't know,i honestly don't see the point of dropping a mid/high char to play a game whit the same engine,same gameplay whit just a different/better graphic.
    I played JD too,dropped and unistalled in 1 hour after noticed it's almost the same game.

The only reason i coul change is to see my friends move,or find LC server empty cause that game (as i always say,an ampty pvp server has no reason to exist)

b:bye
    edited August 2010
    Actually i don't really mind with outdated engine as long as the game fun, besides on marketing if the engine is requirement friendly = more player can play with less technical issue. (which also mean less problem on game play coding since they use same engine)
    And the original PW team is no longer on PWE so the current dev only updating what can be updated or changed on PW, also FW not made by dev in china alone but a unity with west side PWE. Which why they say " with western player in mind "

Maybe read my earlier post (no #23) i already add something on engine case and PWE experiment with PW.

I hope you find a nice game uncle Michael, good luck. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if FW is good enough & i like it enough it will be my 2nd game where i play it when i dont feel like playing pwi or if pwi is shut down i will play FW if i like it enough tell i find another decent game
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • cinderboy
    cinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The game engine is way out-dated.

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/07/forsaken-world-interview-in-league-of.html

Scroll down to the last question.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
    edited August 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »

Thank you for the link cinder boy, i forget that's one.b:laugh
    Hmm now i realize FW forum doesn't have smiley yet . .

And thank you for your updates in on your site. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    jennyguo wrote: »
    The question is when will they do it? As soon as it comes out? Or wait a year or so? That makes a huge difference

Well to give you an idea, BOI rolled out on May 4th.
    By June 22, they had packs.

I dunno about you guys, but I don't find that particularly encouraging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
    edited August 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »

"If you judge a book my it's cover, you suck."

Lols teh typo
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.