☆☆Flowing Stardust

2»

Comments

• Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:byecause a level 51 sin telling people what to do just doesnt look right....

What he said. Using a level51 sin avie just doesn't add to the credibility when discussing archer weapons with a 8x archer plus I clicked on 'Reply' before I realised I had the wrong avie. If I wanted to show off, I would have changed to my 99 veno avie kalx.
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    DrankElf - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    May I suggest not refining the soulsmasher further? Use it till your archer hits level 95 and just buy a heaven shatterer? You'll save more money in the end and its more logical.

My archer's soulsmasher is at +5 and I'm still using it. Already has a heaven shatterer refined and sharded waiting in the bank.

Thanx... I might do that...
    Just thought why not refine bound things to the max?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kalx wrote: »
    Haha, I don't know why people do that for. I might do that. Just to show off, that I have a lvl 100 character. b:lipcurl

or a lvl 5 trolling alt....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:bye hi mizuoni, gratz on 100 D:
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Because the money is better spent elsewhere? Ie. on things you can resell.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:bye hi mizuoni, gratz on 100 D:

b:byei will drop in the fb chat sometime
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    DrankElf - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because the money is better spent elsewhere? Ie. on things you can resell.

so u saying that bound (pk) wep's shouldn't be better then the wep's u going to sell?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so u saying that bound (pk) wep's shouldn't be better then the wep's u going to sell?

That thing isn't going to be your end-game weapon. If you get to 95 instead and get Heaven Shatterer, you have used your money better. On the other hand, if you had an 8x weapon that isn't bound and you refined it, you could sell it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You're welcome. TT80 is not endgame so its no use refining to the max since it's going to be rendered redundant once you get to the level available for a better weapon, armor and ornaments. With a refine of +5 on the crimson horn, it's already OP enough and since its auto bound, you won't be able to sell it to recover any of the costs incurred for the high refining. I've seen some doing just fine with a +3 crimson horn.

With bounty hunter quests and frost runs, you'll hit 95 sooner than expected. You can recast a heaven shatterer into a nirvana bow when you reach level 100 but you can't recast a crimson horn so it's much, much better to save whatever you have available for higher level refining until you get your end game gear.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you were crazy enough to farm warsoul........is it even still possible? I thought you needed some of the drops from the old Frostcovered City, before it was remade into what it is now.
    Am I mistaken or has this been 'modified' in some way so that its still possible?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you were crazy enough to farm warsoul........is it even still possible? I thought you needed some of the drops from the old Frostcovered City, before it was remade into what it is now.
    Am I mistaken or has this been 'modified' in some way so that its still possible?

Well, there are already two Warsouls, one on Dreamweaver and one on Heaven's Tear. One Flowing Stardust and one Lunar Dissector.

The thing is, you can buy all of the Warsoul Fragments with Mysterious Chips. That is also the only known gauranteed way of getting the fragments, as the other ways, such as TT, Lunar and Frost mats, are not guaranteed to succeed.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When they changed frost, they made it so you can exchange things from Warsong City for the same warsoul fragment
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Olba - I know theres Warsouls, and I can't speak for the HT one, but on DW the person with it is known as an extremely heavy cashshopper, and thus presumably not farmed (at least not 100%).
    I didn't think that absolutely everything could be made with the chips.

@Rhyme - Cool, I didn't know that substitution had been made (not that I'm going to attempt it lol)
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Olba - I know theres Warsouls, and I can't speak for the HT one, but on DW the person with it is known as an extremely heavy cashshopper, and thus presumably not farmed (at least not 100%).
    I didn't think that absolutely everything could be made with the chips.

There's a non-cash shopper merchant on Sanctuary, who was originally going for Warsoul, but decided for +12 Nirvana instead. There's a topic somewhere in General Discussions.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    On response to the original question about creating warsoul fragment with perfect stones, the PWI database is wrong (as usual), the REAL chance is 2.22%, source? this

As you can see, warsoul fragments usually have stupidly low chances of being created with anything other than mystery chips, which now can be obtained like popcorn in a cinema with tokens in the cash shop 100% of the time, so basically a warsoul would cost you around 20-30k USD, depending on how lucky you get with packs, aka, how many "valuable" items you get such as best luck tokens or lunar wing trophies in order to sell them and buy more packs with those coins, and in the end turn in all the massive amount of tokens you have for mystery chips, and those mystery chips + coins for warsoul fragments

As been said before, one of the warsouls is on my server (Dreamweaver) and it belongs to dragoonz, a very well known heavy cash shopper, so the chances of it being 100% farmed are pretty low, even with his already high firepower it would take over a year farming enough sellables to get the coins required

About rank IX weapons well, they're your classic "overpower me more" kind of gear, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone wearing at least the ring within 2-3 months from now, particullary the strong members of the leading factions of each server

And yeah i agree with everyone else, aim for something more "attainable" like +10 lunar or a nirvana weapon, if you REALLY want a warsoul be ready to say goodbye to at least your social life (if any) or your money, if not both
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • PiiNkii - Heavens Tear
    PiiNkii - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Or as epic as this?

omfg i LOLED so hard wen i saw this lmaooo