Where can I get more pet food?

Diagonal - Raging Tide
Diagonal - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Well, I made my first character a few days ago, made it to level 10 and then arises the problem.
The pure water I got from the pet tamer when I first hatched my scorpion is almost completely used up and I need more food for my pets.
In the venomancer F.A.Q there was a mention of it being sold by some npc's, but I haven't seen any single npc in the city of the lost selling it.
So, my question is: Where can I buy more pure water?

PS. I'm also doing the quest for more pet slots and I need to get some hay. Can it be collected somewhere - and if not, how can I get it?
Sorry for being such a newb. -__-'
Post edited by Diagonal - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm not the most experienced Player but I can answer these ^^.

Well for your Pet-Food problem, that's simple. Just go to the Pet Trainer next to you Venomancer Trainer. Speak with her and go to the "Goods" Section. There you should find the Water.

About the Hay, several mobs drop them e.g. the lvl 8 Turtle ( Water Mob) or lvl 22 Rhinodrakes outside of Archosaur ( West )

However, if you want to know more which drop Hay just use this link http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9757

I hope i could help you a little =)
  • Diagonal - Raging Tide
    Diagonal - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    :D
    Thanks, that helped a lot.
    After I get more pet food I'll start killing turtles.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Turtles can sometimes drop hay, but they're not really a great source for it. I managed to do with only two pets until I got to around level 30, and then I farmed hay from the Antelope Pups at the Silver Pool.

I think Abyssal Mysteries are technically the best source, but the river where they live is so dangerous that it's not worth the risk.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just something you might want to keep in mind for the near future...

In regards to keeping your pets fed, you may want to look into getting a tome. It will cause your pets to not get hugry. You will still need food for new pets to bring up their loyalty as well as specific food types for the pet bag quests, but you won't have to be feeding your pets every five minutes or so.

Water is cheap, and all the free pets will eat water, iirc, so you won't necessarily be saving a whole lot of money, but it's very very convenient to not have to think about feeding your pets constantly.

The cheapest tomes (Christmas Blessing - +1% crit) run about 800k and can be bought from other players.

A pervious discussion on this can be found here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=831532&highlight=tome