Damn Good barbs

Vorgen - Sanctuary
Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
Ok,

I have been hearing alot of **** about how we have a league of fail barbs running about in the servers.... Time to hear some damn good news about barbs I wanna hear some barb WINS out there because i know there are good barbs(albeit poor barbs atm) out there right now with no recognition. Lets hear it about them i wanna hear about barbs saving the %^&*($ Day when all hope seemed lost. Give me your stories of near squad wipe and the barb sticking it out surviving it all!b:victoryb:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vorgen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    there is just one slight problem though..
    when the barb is really good.. and communicate well with the party..
    the run is over super fast and there is almost no hiccups..

but the really fun stuff i can share.. which might include some testing the limit on my part.

I went for a BH39 the other day..

As there was a lvl 60 cleric around.. and I am feeling bored.. I told the squad to try something fun after killing Calcid.

I ran up @ full health do a roar on the bunch of exploding mob right after calcid with the freaking lantern. and Started spamming my AoE attacks and flesh ream on all of them while the DD pick and explode every single one of them on me. taking my hp down to 1200 with the lantern still alive. I turn tail and run around kiting the lantern while the cleric heals me.. when the lantern goes down.. it took me down to 200 hp.

after the lantern died... everyone was like.. omg.. that was close..b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle.

And thats how i come to the conlusion of me able to tank 3 exploding mob the most safely in BH39.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • HarmlessWolf - Lost City
    HarmlessWolf - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think my favourite "Damn Good Barb" moment was in HH 1-2. I was 8x at the time, and my squad was fighting the Soulbanisher (one with the aoe that hits harder over time if I remember correctly). We brought it down to just over 300K hp, when the cleric got 1-shot and the rest of the squad died, except me. I proceeded to tank the boss alone using only pots (had no TOP at the time b:sad).

When the boss finally died, the squad treated me like some kind of hero, which felt really good hahaha b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, let me set the scene...

BH79 unwined. I'm hanging with a cool cleric I've known for quite a while, the rest of the squad is random. I don't remember the exact makeup of the squad except me, my friend the cleric and another cleric...then two or 3 random DDs. (I was an 8X or early 9x wearing TT80's.)

My friend the cleric is combining heals and DD, and doing a pretty good job at it. Second cleric is DD only, and aggroing every mob anyone can think of, despite what the rest of the squad is telling him. We get up to the first AOE (that group of skeletons) and all goes well. While I'm earthflame luring the second cleric runs in and aggros the archer mobs, the fire attack mobs...basically all of the room. He dies, the DDs die, my friend dies before I know what's happening.

I alpha male and grab all mobs. I start killing them one by one as my friend comes back from town. I'm potting like crazy, invoking, sundering, and bestial raging, solid shielding and ToPing. The DDs are like "Holy Cannoli, look at this barb go!" I'm watching my HP bar bounce up and down and hoping like hell my friend gets back soon because a few IHs would be awesome right about now. I kill all the mobs and am killing the last one when my friend finally gets back inside (clerics do run slow, ya know.) He resses the DDs, and then the aggro happy "I'm an attack cleric" last.

At that point I tell the second cleric that if he does that again he's booted. Stick to healing! The DDs are like "listen to that barb, he killed the whole room solo, he rocks!" Meanwhile I'm thinking..."this is gonna be an expensive repair bill!"

I still laugh about that silly cleric to this day with my friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So many good stories to tell.. here's one of them..

One of the last bh51s on my HL char.. The squad had 2 venos, 1 cleric, 1 archer, 1 wiz and me. We were at Rankar, everything till then went pretty well. When Rankar came to us from his long walk I reamed him and everything was going fine. We saw two walking mobs on the map, I said let them come to me I'll aggro all of them. The cleric and venos get scared and think that I won't be able to tank them all (lol?). I assure them that I can. Instead, the venos and one wiz decide to attack the mobs and tank with their pets.

All 3 rush into the room where the walking mobs were spotted; instead of aggroing the walkers the wiz chooses to aggro the rest of the stationary mobs and both the venos and the wiz end up dead. Before I could say anything the archer rushes in and aggros the walkers; didn't take him long to realize he won't be able to tank them both. He started running to me and the cleric like a chicken with its head cut. I run towards him, but too late, dead archer. I aggro the walkers and Rankar, I tell the cleric that I'll finish of the mobs first and ask him to maintain his distance from Rankar - his p attack aoe. Cleric gets too close to comfort with Rankar and gets one shotted. So there I am, a charmed barb, in his 6x with two walkers and Rankar. I charm tanked all three with combos. The rest of the squad was cheering.

Before the cleric came back to the room with a loss of exp I was meditating and saying to myself "This isn't going to be the last of such runs".. And it wasn't.. b:surrender
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not really an "amazing barb" story but it sure makes a tank feel good...

It not very often at all Fuzzy runs through FC anymore, but just for fun me took a few lower level faction members in there the other day. Me remembers Fuzzy tanking in there when much younger, and while it was not hard, there was always a bit of running around involved with the 5th "slasher" boss.

It very gratifying to know that now at this stage, Fuzzy can just stand there an tank that fool without a care in the world. Me knows the uber bm's etc still need to time their triple spark right or use an ironguard etc, or just plain run away, but a good barb with decent armour and a healthy hp pool.... no need for spark or pill or power or hp food or charm... we can just stand toe to toe with him the entire time (in upright form) an dish it out.

b:cute

edit: As for stories about decent barbs being bass-**** tanks, Fuzzy might have one after this weekend. Me has raised a few other good barbs in faction so this weekend, just to give it a try, Fuzzy and his faction use 2 REAL tanks (none of this sin or bm sillyness) and we going to attempt to pull Auprus:Ton back to Alphaleus and take the 2 world boss at once. Me let ya know how we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    damn good barbs are players with damn good cash. no storys, no ****, just the truth.
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    @Fuzzy: hahaha buddy you go get em i tried tanking AE solo the other day......was doing well till his adds popped out X3

But my Damn good barb story...... was....about 3 months ago i was in a squad for TT Dimsec(don't quite remember the numbers) Tanking the Boss in the big pit with the ice houses......when suddenly...and with no reason the cleric dies....O.O now i was only 75 at the time soo i was like ..."Well......****...." suddenly archer dies sin dies wizzy dies and bm dies.....Leavin Vorg all alone with the boss.....he may have had a 10th of his health gone when they all died...so i solo'd him X3

Invoke became my best friend that day...and Tree of Protection. I potted Invokes used the genie skill Solid sheild too....charm only ticked 2 times... That was my proud moment...except when no one deceided to come back in and all them save one rage quit....sucks for them because two gold mats dropped and i got 6 mil outta that deal splitting it with the bm(who was trying to get back in to help me)

It makes you feel good when you get into an intense fight like that and find the build you have made...is the right build for the job X3b:victoryb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It makes you feel good when you get into an intense fight like that and find the build you have made...is the right build for the job X3b:victoryb:cute

b:shedtear so well said!!

It make Fuzzy sad to hear bad stories about me barb brothers and it starts to make him wonder...

Many different options are available to us when reaching towards end-game now. Claws, Fists, Hammer, Axe, TT, Lunar, Nirvana... why me reading so many threads asking about "insta-build" stats??

Build is important, but with the options available, there is no "right" build. Character strength and skill mean more than stat points and armour in any opponent Fuzzy has yet to encounter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think my favourite "Damn Good Barb" moment was in HH 1-2. I was 8x at the time, and my squad was fighting the Soulbanisher (one with the aoe that hits harder over time if I remember correctly). We brought it down to just over 300K hp, when the cleric got 1-shot and the rest of the squad died, except me. I proceeded to tank the boss alone using only pots (had no TOP at the time b:sad).

When the boss finally died, the squad treated me like some kind of hero, which felt really good hahaha b:victory

Ive had the same happen myself, on both Soul Banisher and Lord of Percussion. The cleric wasnt using an MP charm and hadn't apparently heard of herb yuanxiao (or simply hadnt ever bothered to try it, assuming it was like a soothing orb or w/e and wasnt as good). Needless to say, they couldn't keep BB up long enough - squad wipe on both bosses with me left alive soloing it uncharmed.

Similarly on 2-2 at Astral, one of the DD's was trying to group the activated adds together so he could spam aoe on them... he ended up pulling all 6 onto us. Now me being the crazy barb I am... I roared to grab aggro for the sake of the cleric. All adds + boss on me now -> sunder to recover HP + solid shield for damage reduction (cuz ya know... BB is up so no major problem). Well... somehow BB went down (another cleric without a charm) right as the archer decided to BoA. Archer dies, aggro back on me, cleric stops to rez him then back to spamming IHB on me to build spark back up for BB. of course now my HP is dropping quickly from not having damage reduction. Right when it seemed i was about to bite the bucket, bestial rage cools down and I pop it up again. Life saving magic defenses now in place and IHB stacks + pots top me back off in time for cleric to set BB again. Boss died shortly thereafter.

what else.. being in squad with 2 higher level barbs and 2 clerics and doing Wurlord, both higher barbs die then I run in with ream -> alacrity -> invoke then pot up buying time for cleric to rez the other two. Finished that round with no BB at all by just canceling the **** out of him and being stacked by two clerics.

OFC.. I don't really consider these to be profound accomplishments. IMO its all in a days workb:thanks

would be nice though to hear from some of the other classes what they think about certain "damn good barbs" theyve been with.

edit: did I mention its a truly rare occurrence for me to wear a charm? I put one on for my first FC at 76 (tideborn quest reward one IIRC) and another couple ones for Gamma. Other than that.. I do 99% of everything un charmed. I just don't see a need for it outside of PK, TW, and Rebirth. Mana charms on the other hand are nice to have just so you don't have to worry about pressing the mana potion button (not sure about you guys, but I use lots of skills when i tank in order to keep chi up).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I havent worn a charm for soooo long. I think I might throw one on for when I try Delta but....really there's not much else I can think of using it for.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This happened during my low 6x lvls. I'd have to say my favorite moment happened when I was helping a faction member with their BH39. The only person I knew was my faction member, other than that, random squad. We did everything pretty smoothly up until Farren. Somebody decided that I was taking too long to finish my rebuff and charged the guards before I could get back into tiger form.

If you haven't pissed off Farren with a squad full of squishy people before, let me fill you in, it's intense. I had to pull Farren while collecting agro from the guards so the cleric could heal the rest of them and resurrect the 3 that died in the agro attack. So I basically have Farren and 3 of his guards on my **** while a cleric resurrects, heals, and buffs the rest of the squad.

All I have to say is...Invoke, Second Wind, Bestial Rage, and Sunder FTW. I somehow managed to keep them distracted long enough for the squad to come back and help me finish the kill.

Worst part is..this happened on two separate occasions. Both with the same outcome.
  • ISmellMeat - Dreamweaver
    ISmellMeat - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    16,000 life upright at level 101

name's Ginabomb...if that doesn't scare you I don't know what will
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surprised umm 40k HP in tiger form at lvl 101. name's tekkblade.. in HL b:bye
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just learned Flesh Ream today. Was told I have to be in Tiger Form to tank???

b:avoid
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When I was a level 9x Barb I used a bow and arcane armor, true story. Because the majority of mobs in the bh 69 and bh 79 where magical, right. But I'd still use low level axes on the bosses when I tanked and man, when they hit me my bramble would dish out so much damage that I didn't even have too use fleash ream that often to hold aggro. Anyways, the point here is, I'd pull the instance, instead of using wines because this would make the run more enjoyable. The runs where like FC, without the amazing exp. We'd even do the card boss in my bhs, which is the reason why I got so many squads to do it unwined, because of the power mats.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The only things I've done pve wise worth mentioning.

Never done GV with a hiero.

I solo'd Belial without claws, just me and my trusty Pan Gu axe from anni packs <3

Although I did get full buffs before I started since I didn't help clear the HH up to that point.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    16,000 life upright at level 101

name's Ginabomb...if that doesn't scare you I don't know what will

I know Ginabomb and IIRC he's demon barb. Lemme see if I can calculate this properly here:

Demon BKI + Demon True form would result in 165% of upright hp unbuffed: 26,400
    Last I checked, ScobaTank (also level 101 demon barb) has 23k HP with demon BKI and Demon True Form. Pretty close there.

but.. Massive HP =/= damn good barb. I've certainly outperformed other barbs that were both higher level and had more HP than I. I keep telling people time and time again "hp isnt everything" when they ask why I'm using the cudgel to tank instead of my vit adding Giant Ape Axes. (love my cudgel b:dirty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Lol this thread isn't about just pve....pvp and pk even TW is all open game her guysb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    well in that case, I don't PK very often - but I do have people tell me I'm good at dueling even against some 9x players. So either I'm good, or they are just bad. I normally don't spam buffs or embrace for chi before duels like most of my opponents like to do. I just use whatever skills I think make the most sense under circumstances... against archers I use my 100% accuracy skills, against clerics I use my high damage skills (not even armageddon as thats not even fair b:chuckle) and save my bestial onslaught for when they get me below 50% health, which makes their tempest just a tickle. Of course using violent triumph every so often. Against BM's I'll usually throw in a firestorm when I see they have their alter marrow physical up, and since these fights last the longest I'll usually sunder at some point.

Although I was in PK mode one time grinding on some mobs and forgot I had other players hidden... next thing I know I'm sitting in an occult ice bubble. Some other barb had attacked me. So I go to work on him after i'm unfrozen, tanking him + a couple mobs (uncharmed) --- hit a lag spike for about 10 seconds and come back still alive. ToP to restore whatever health was taken away and this other barb is running away from me now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Can someone say faaaaaillllll X3.

Apparently i am good at killing psys( not a challenge to you psys out there)
    Dueled a lvl 94 6 times in a row....never lost once which is shocking to me. All i did was keep his happy *** stunned and and when we went for his big time skill i used Solid Shield let it pretty much washed over me,stunned him and then one shot with Beasty Onslaught and away he went X3...I even manged to wait out that inviciblity skill they get at 79. Real pain in the butt let me tell you...lol advice to all barbs out there....not a bad idea when you seem em pop that skill to just run....no point on fighting them as they are impossible to kill for that moment. And no its not the cowards way out. Just a smart barbs wayb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    ^Key to success in battles is "know thy opponent"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear
    IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My favorite barb moment was probably when I was around 85ish on my barb and got my then brand new Pan Gu's Giant Ax. I tanked Belial and we got an Ancient Devil Soul our first go. We did the run flawlessly and not even a near death. I then was bombarded daily asked to go to FF and TT even a few RB's. Then I stopped playing for 6 months cause I got tired of getting pm's all day.. And now 8 months later my barb is still only lvl 93.. cause I reached the pinnacle of barbness and stopped caring lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I SHALL SMASH YOUR SKULL LIKE A CLAM ON MY TUMMY!
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    THERE IS NOW PINNICAL OF BARBNESS!!!!!!!!!!!b:angry

YOU MUST STRIVE TO BE BETTER THEN THE NEXT BARB RAAAAAAWWWRWRRRBN H OJH L'ERTJH POEHBMLBJ X3 jk jk lolb:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok,

I have been hearing alot of **** about how we have a league of fail barbs running about in the servers.... Time to hear some damn good news about barbs I wanna hear some barb WINS out there because i know there are good barbs(albeit poor barbs atm) out there right now with no recognition. Lets hear it about them i wanna hear about barbs saving the %^&*($ Day when all hope seemed lost. Give me your stories of near squad wipe and the barb sticking it out surviving it all!b:victoryb:cute

I wish I can show with videoes how epic it was when I was tanking jewelscalon with same level difference from that quest ^^. And etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i was gathering mats up by shattered jade shore when ch'in random attacked me...

so i killed him.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Heh...that reminds me of something I did yesterday. Can't remember why but I was around Shattered Jade Shore as well. And i was just running through killing a few mobs here and there. *shrugs* Idk, I do that sometimes.

Anyway I say Chin' and his adds patrolling and I was like sweet....lets kill him. So I holy path'd up to him immediately used Slam and all his adds went sprawling down for the count. Demon Spark'd and tore him up in human form. There were a few lower levels around....some following Chin...others killing Wicked Pirates. When I was done normal chat was like "wow..." o.o" and omg I wanna be a barb". I felt nice, can't lie...felt like saying something supremely cheesey like...Stayin in barb school kids and fly off on my SS.

Haha what it must've looked like to them, cause my OHT armor does look pretty boss ;)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    At some point, during some squad required act (BH/RB/TT/etc.) I will end up being a sole survivor tanking what god awful hellspawn of a boss either I or someone else needs. And often times killing it.

But the most epic thing that has ever happened to me, was during a 2-2 run. The veno we had in squad (who was pretty good) made a fail pull on the 4th round of Wurlord boss. And ended up pulling ALL the mobs, at once. Boss included.

Now imagine that for a second. 20 Wurlords all running at you in a fury to **** your soul.

Without even flinching, my friend (Demon BM) and I ran head long into the crowd and AM'd the whole bunch, while the cleric and the rest of the squad dropped BB and took off running in the opposite direction. I invoked, grabbed the boss along with god knows how many of his clones and proceeded to tank everything. Uncharmed. My friend, the BM, also had a substantial amount of the mobs all over him, and god bless him, he somehow took the beating with me without fail.

After about a minute, the cleric realised that my friend and I weren't running. Or dying. And decided to just return and throw BB up. But it didn't matter, we were both instantly thrust into "survival" mode. We easily coulda done that for the rest of the day if it took it.

That's my most favorite *Holy ****, you're awesome!* moment to date.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • AshCat - Lost City
    AshCat - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My favorite barb moment was on my first barb. I was in the little area north of silver pool questing, I was almost lvl.30 and there was no one around except for a 3x cleric and 3x archer (both white named) I dinged on a mob while I was out there and before I could even distribute my stat points the cleric and archer attacked me figuring I would be an easy kill and a great way to start out their careers as PKers. Feeling quite confident I turtle and run towards the cleric flesh reaming him a few times while the archer just poked me with his arrows. I got lucky with Alacrity of the Beast and it froze him so I was able to finish him off with stacked flesh reams. (too bad for him he didn't know that ironheart stacked.) The archer was just stupid...he kept attacking while running away to gain distance and shared the exact same death that his cleric buddy had. Only help I had were my basic npc HP pots. No Apoc pots, genie skills, or charms.

Even though I was only lvl.30 at the time this is still one of my favorite pvp moments ever. Barbs don't have to be high lvl to be awesome. ^^ (but it helps :P)
    "I'm a tank. Chicks dig tanks." - Ah-Dol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    hahahahaa freakin epic guys now thats what i like to hear!!! Eat it jealous non-barb type ppl!!!!b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Cant say i have had any really pro moments in my barb life-time dont really do a fat lot of tanking anymore ;o cause of all the 5.0 BM's but i gotta say one of the best was a PK fight between me and about 3-4 high 9x and maybe 10x sins tanking them all for a good minute before i got stunned into submission damn their OP croud control skills :L

I really gotta try tanking Belial at some point, then again i was low 8x tanking forshura in 2-2 or 2-1 cant remember and i got hit by his magic(yeah my bad :L) and within seconds i was on around 15 HP i hit the OHHHHH SHIIIIIIII**** button ToP on my genie and survived, gotta say that was a pretty epic save
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead